Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 319255 times)

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #345 on: November 29, 2011, 01:16:47 PM »
Just curious if anyone else is experiencing it. Is there an unusual amount of droppers on this game? I thought I was playing SVC again. One guy really befuddled me. He put on his message before the match starts "Don't hold back." Then drops when I have him down 2 characters.

Are the droppers getting away with not recording a loss, or are they in withdrawal from Capcom installing punishments for dropping?
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 29, 2011, 02:13:24 PM »
Just got it my copy today, can't wait to play it!  :)
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 29, 2011, 04:10:59 PM »
When is iori out?
dec 6th i think for 5 bucks

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 29, 2011, 06:03:29 PM »
Here's a good question for our tourney players: Do you absolutely have to know Neo Max combos in order to be competitive? Just curious if there's anyone that's done well in tournies (like Top 8) without using the extended Neo Max combos for select characters.

Knowing Neo Max combos, it depends on your character.  Hell, in Arcade, almost no one used them because finishing with your EX DM was almost always the better choice because it was one meter less, the damage was still similar, and you weren't on the HD bar's time limit to use it.

But like I said, now it depends on your characters.

In your case, you won't need it with Maxima when you have him on point.  With Billy, it wouldn't hurt.

Ralf...uh, no, I don't think so, I've never seen a Ralf actually use it before out of combo videos.

Clark, yeah, I would learn that to put someone down really quick if you're loaded on meter.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 29, 2011, 06:11:40 PM »
Here's a good question for our tourney players: Do you absolutely have to know Neo Max combos in order to be competitive? Just curious if there's anyone that's done well in tournies (like Top 8) without using the extended Neo Max combos for select characters.

For top 8 in tourneys is a must, like Saitsuofleaves explained before it wasn't that necessary because of the 3 meter requirement but now in the arcade version you need to know them.

Just curious if anyone else is experiencing it. Is there an unusual amount of droppers on this game? I thought I was playing SVC again. One guy really befuddled me. He put on his message before the match starts "Don't hold back." Then drops when I have him down 2 characters.

Are the droppers getting away with not recording a loss, or are they in withdrawal from Capcom installing punishments for dropping?

Let me guess, are playing on PSN? I hear there's lot of quitters there. I don't think the system to punish them is severe enough.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Sanger Zonvolt

• New Challenger
  • KOF Trainee
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 29, 2011, 06:21:57 PM »
So about how much time have you guys spent in training mode since release?  :)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 29, 2011, 06:32:12 PM »
So about how much time have you guys spent in training mode since release?  :)

Considering I always host my own matches, and it takes forever to get actual matches that don't suck online...a long damn time.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 29, 2011, 06:46:38 PM »

yes, otherwise your handicapped vs players that can do it. also it's not just about the NM, it's more about the HD activation and learning those combos. shen for instance can do like 80% damage of a hd combo with 1 super bar added. if youd try to do a similar combo without going into hd mode, you cou use all your dc meter and 5 super bars and stil not get 80% damage. so do you need to know these combos, no. will they help you out tremendously, fuck yeah cause you'll be conserving bars while doing more damage. isn't 1+1=3? in kof, yes. whatever the fuck i meant.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Gramas

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 29, 2011, 07:57:00 PM »
got the game yesterday but I couldnt put the time it deserves untill today

I played 6 hours straight and its fantastic,my fingers are literally burning

In fact the game is not executional heavy like I tought(I tried a bit of classic 98 and that game its scary)

You just have to be very clean with the motions,I mastered some kyo hd combos and Im not that good @execution,in fact I use some tricks (I always go for c.C df+D(2)hcb+k instead of cl.C df+d(1)hcb+k) after hitconfirm into HD,I also tried the vice loop but I can only get the lp mayhem one :/(I dont even know if you can use hp mayhem lol)

oh I dont know how to play kof at all but training mode its still fun as hell atm

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 29, 2011, 10:48:37 PM »
just got my copy  :)
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 29, 2011, 11:44:11 PM »
Hey, did anyone at Levelup upload Bala's matches from the stream to Youtube yet? I want to study his Billy Kane.

I forgot to say this but nice trolling with Clark's B Sab, Kane.

Sorry for the late reply, but back in the days we called it mindgames.  What's this trolling business? =)  I suppose a thanks in order, thanks :)

For top 8 in tourneys is a must, like Saitsuofleaves explained before it wasn't that necessary because of the 3 meter requirement but now in the arcade version you need to know them.

I'm going to politely disagree here.  Yes, in the console the NeoMaxs have lower requirements and from producer Yamamoto-san himself, he wanted encourage NeoMaxes being used.  However, it's still up to your playstyle and character.  Remember, most characters don't use NeoMaxes outside of HD combos so if you don't normally do them, you probably won't in the console either.  For what it's worth, I tied 7th at Evo and I never used NeoMax combos.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 04:40:33 AM by Kane317 »

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 30, 2011, 01:42:00 AM »
Just got it my copy today, can't wait to play it!  :)

finally ;)
enjoy it buddy

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 30, 2011, 01:47:27 AM »

I'm going to politely disagree here.  Yes, in the console the NeoMaxs have lower requirements and from producer Yamamoto-san himself, he wanted encourage NeoMaxes being used.  However, it's still up to your playstyle and character.  Remember, most characters don't use NeoMaxes outside of HD combos so if you don't normally do them, you probably won't in the console either.  For what it's worth, I tied 7th at Evo and I never used NeoMax combos.

Sir I respect your point of view, and I will agree to disagree. I do see the need to learn NeoMax combos as a number of characters such as Yuri, Terry and Saiki allow you to follow up after a NeoMax which in cases is better than just going for a normal super or Ex Super ender.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 30, 2011, 01:48:22 AM »
*hears Saiki can follow up after a Neomax*

Say what now?

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 30, 2011, 02:54:26 AM »
According to the PS Store update, there is a new KOF XIII Theme (Theme 3), i'm guessing the 360 will get it too.
I'm still waiting for someone to rip those awesome arts seen in the theme 1 and 2.