Author Topic: Netcode Lag/Delay Test Reports  (Read 87100 times)

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Netcode Lag/Delay Test Reports
« Reply #165 on: November 27, 2011, 10:18:04 PM »
Please tell me that some of you at the Level Up stream yesterday told the Atlus reps about the bad netcode. Please.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 27, 2011, 11:13:32 PM »
yo sabin you seem like the good spokesperson to tell them at atlus. i dont know if we EU players can do the same with rising star games, we could ask for a patch. if eventhe japanese players where complaining when they got the best internet in the world you know somethings up.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 28, 2011, 12:36:07 AM »
yo sabin you seem like the good spokesperson to tell them at atlus. i dont know if we EU players can do the same with rising star games, we could ask for a patch. if eventhe japanese players where complaining when they got the best internet in the world you know somethings up.
I am pretty sure that Sabin lives on the another side of the country.

Sabin

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 28, 2011, 01:54:16 AM »

i dont have connections at atlus, dreamcancel guys do though.
if kof13 is on the spooky stream for nec, of course thats the first thing im talking about before i commentate the matches :(

I don't think Japan/Korea will complain about the netplay. Like I said in the beginning of the thread when you play fiber to fiber its honestly fine.

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 28, 2011, 02:30:59 AM »
We're all ready preparing to make an attempt at doing something about the netcode. I don't know how successful it will be, but I have some good ideas and I think at the very least? We'll be heard. Whether that will make a difference? Whose to say but I'm fairly confident the people who need to hear the complaints of the community will. There will be a front page post about it soon for everyone whose curious as to what I'm talking about.

Hahah, actually I was trying to argue against you too.  I think the possibility exists that rollback netcode could be tacked onto KOF13. Or at least they could have made the decision to go with rollback way back when we were begging for it for KOF12.  And we certainly shouldnt stop asking for it.

But its not as trivial as some people think it is, and SNK might have valid reasons for not being able to do it.

I guess my wording confused you! I actually agreed with everything you said and it was what I was trying to say :(

When I was saying that it'd be "impossible" I didn't mean technically it couldn't be DONE so much as there are too many financial and political limitations. The technical aspect would probably be difficult to deal with but could be done with proper funding and so long as say, a five year contract isn't in place lol. If GSS is tied to a service in Japan, ontop of them being an outside company? Then it's very likely the contract has stipulations like "X number of games must use GSS" or "X number of KoF titles" etc etc. Contracts in the business world very rarely can be broken, and SNKPlaymore doesn't have the money to break said contracts since it would result in lawsuits :(. They're a private company so they don't have the stock market or share holders really. As far as demanding to know the details of the netcode? That's a stretch I'm afraid. Asking to know doesn't really fix much. Sure it gives us a better idea as to how it works but I'd be more inclined to recommend someone ask GSS directly as SNKP spilling such secrets could violate their contract. No way to really KNOW for sure but I think the better approach for now is to just let Atlus, Rising Star, and SNKPlaymore know how much we dislike said netcode. Us guys in the DC staff are working on that! So hang tight guys until we get to that point.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 02:36:27 AM by steamwolf »

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 28, 2011, 03:05:01 AM »
^ Props to you guys! I will wait patiently for that possible respond from GSS or SNKP. On the mean time I will improve my skills in training mode.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 28, 2011, 03:07:32 AM »

i dont have connections at atlus, dreamcancel guys do though.
if kof13 is on the spooky stream for nec, of course thats the first thing im talking about before i commentate the matches :(

I don't think Japan/Korea will complain about the netplay. Like I said in the beginning of the thread when you play fiber to fiber its honestly fine.

Eric said XIII is getting at least 2 hours on the stream I believe so there's your chance.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

monster637

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 28, 2011, 07:36:01 AM »
its the game not people networks, i watched that kid poongko , im not sure if he is in korea or what , but i watched a 2 hour stream of him waiting in training to get a decent 3-4 bar connection. Tons of people jumped in the room ,but he booted them or they left because they had 1 bar, watched him check for lobbies all in korean and all were bad lobbies... i been tinkering around with my kof 12  and its online is like blazeblue compared to kof 13 on ps3
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 10:20:45 PM by monster637 »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 28, 2011, 07:41:16 AM »
It's both monster.

While the game has shitty netcode, when people actually do have optimal connections, it runs fine.  And Poongko got more 4 bar connections in one day, than most of us have had since the release of the game combined, and that's because the infrastructure of Korea, you know, doesn't suck.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 28, 2011, 09:04:59 AM »
IF SNKP does release a patch, I hope they add the option to kick the opponent off a Rank Match and/or actually make the online criteria work in the search.

Shaman

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 28, 2011, 02:27:13 PM »

I'm in France, near Paris. I have fiber optics, I quite commonly found people with 3/4 bars (and the game is not released yet haha). At 4 bars, it had almost 0 delay. With 3 bars, It was kind of random, got some matches with a bit more delay than 4 bars (I would say a GGPO delay), some matches were really delayed, with a real slowmode feeling, that made reactions a lot harder if impossible. I find playing with 1 or 2 bars not playable at all.
We have good connections here, so you might not rely on this.

Personnaly I only play the non-ranked mode set to 4 bars as host, and then wait in practice. Like said before, you can't host a ranked game and precise you want people with 4 bars, which is kind of stupid since you can do that in non ranked.

Mienaikage

• Rising Dragon
  • V-Slasher for Victory! ✌
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #176 on: November 28, 2011, 02:59:49 PM »
With a ping like this I shouldn't be getting lag:

If you're in Europe and you want to do some tests send me a message/invite on XBL (same as forum name). I'll be on later today.
Also as I'm sure you're all aware don't use WiFi :P

Sabin

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 28, 2011, 05:23:42 PM »
hah if you guys caught last nights stream youd see the horrors of wireless. someone joined my room with 100mbit FIOS from NJ, it was 3 bar cause he was on wireless, once he switched to wired, 4 bars and it was great lol.

Also, had nothing but crap connections yesterday with 3 bar players from a few states away :(

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 28, 2011, 05:31:21 PM »
Yeah, sorry about that Sabin.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 28, 2011, 05:55:39 PM »
lol had my first fight on psn vs eripio69, im from holland he from cyprus, 2 bar connection. IT WAS ASSSSS, input delay and lag atst, wtf. maybe 3 and 4 will be better, but im NEVER playing 2 bar connections or less again, ever.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!