Author Topic: Netcode Lag/Delay Test Reports  (Read 87090 times)

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
Re: Netcode Lag/Delay Test Reports
« Reply #225 on: November 30, 2011, 04:54:25 PM »
if you have a headset it would help a lot
you mean microphone and all this stuff? No i don't. I don't play war games :P

LOL

ShinBlanka

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • FINAL ROUND
« Reply #226 on: November 30, 2011, 05:04:23 PM »
i played deadly rave neo i had 2 bars but i believe he said that his internet was cause him some trouble so im not sure yet

DRN is my hommie and we live in the same state (Georgia) and we have 2 bar connections but he is the only person in Ga that i've ever had a 2 bar connect in Ga.  :(  It's always 3 or 4 bars with anyone in Ga or on the ec.  I've played a guy in canada with 3 bars and it was good.  3 bars is decent enought to counter jump ins with anti air special moves, but it's not good enough for the custom combo's imo.  online rapid  ;b is my friend. 

The netcode needs to be fixed/patched/upgraded for this game to have lasting power.  The great thing is KOF13 IS A GREAT FREAKING GAME!  That's why people want the netcode to be fixed because they want to see it have a longer tournament life than hdremix.

I'm on ps3=ShinBlanka is my gametag.  Hit me up if you want to play.  I'm still really new to this kof13 and i'm a console warrior.
FINAL ROUND "A Staple in the Fighting Game Community"

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 30, 2011, 05:09:00 PM »
The problem is the Japanese who find the netcode substandard will just play in arcades instead of complaining, so SNK probably won't hear too many complaints, and SNK probably would prefer it if people played in arcades intead.

I'm not expecting anything, and barring myself being proved wrong, as a 15-yr fan of SNK, I'll say enough's enough when I hit my last major in March, and without SNK, I'll likely see no reason to even continue with the competitive community.
I'll move on to other things.

The arcade version is outdated though, so they might just bitch for an arcade update, instead of a netcode patch. :/

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 30, 2011, 05:16:55 PM »
Why exactly are you going to test the netcode when the general consensus says its bad

Grokbu

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 30, 2011, 05:31:04 PM »
Why exactly are you going to test the netcode when the general consensus says its bad
Well, there are a few who says they have great experiences with the netcode. And some who says that it sucks overall says that some connections can still be good. Doesn't hurt to try.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 05:39:27 PM by Grokbu »

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #230 on: November 30, 2011, 05:34:16 PM »
Because US internet is pretty shitty from what i have seen in most cases posted here (speed test results), and for a good/optimal connexion both players must have good internet speed.I want to be fair to this game - and maybe provide some useful feedback for future improvement/patch of this netcode if any atlus guys roam this forums (or even post it on their forums).
Many people have said ssf4 netcode was shitty in the beginning.. .some even now - but that is because they have wireless and bad internet.I do not want to defend this garbage netcode by any means (it clearly needs some work) but as i said i want to provide feedback not to just say it sucks.

If i could find 2-3 people with my internet speed based in europe it would be perfect.With that ping and speed any good netcode has to run more than decent.
I am a bit confused about how many good connexions poongko had on his stream and he did all those combos - which are impractical with imput lag.

PS: Sabin have you tried KOF XIII with someone who also has fios?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 05:46:34 PM by KBlackNoah »

Sabin

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 30, 2011, 07:14:05 PM »
Yeah I tried that day 1. It barely lags at all when it's Fiber to Fiber as I said from the get go.

Sanger Zonvolt

• New Challenger
  • KOF Trainee
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 30, 2011, 07:34:45 PM »
I played Midwest to East coast, and I've had some pretty great connections at times, so it's not bad.

Ironreaver

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 30, 2011, 07:49:55 PM »
FUCK THAT NETCODE.

Is all what I have to say.

My connection: ADSL 8-9 Mb. Wired

With spanish people (my country) I only have 2 bars. With France (very close to me) 2 bars. With UK people 1 bar. Is this a good netcode? NO.

I SHOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY AT LEAST WITH 3 BARS WITH EUROPEAN PEOPLE.

the game hasn't been released in Japan yet. I think we should wait. But then, SNKP needs to release a patch to fix this not good at all netcode.

I don't doubt 3 bars works fine. But I will not tolerate a game where I only have 2 bars with people of my region, when in other games liks SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV I can play without lag.

Is my last try with SNKPlaymore and KOF. If the online is not fixed, I just will leave KOF.
It has been too much time, too much energies, too much hype, too much hope. I'm tired, really tired. And I start thinking I should really transfer into another fighting game.

Why do you blame the game for your ping times?

To be honest he kinda has a shitty internet connexion.I had 1 bar with him in ssf4 .. .but it was more than playable with him.

I managed to borrow a copy of the game for a few hours and the netplay is shit.(my copy is stuck at the post office and i couldn't get it today and tomorrow is national fucking holiday).Friday i will post some vids with the online.

My connexion looks like this and i barely had 1 game in 10 which was decent.

Stop defending this netcode.I have a good connexion and i know shit netcode when i see one.

Gonna be upgrading to 50Mbps this weekend....you still say its pretty bad in terms of matches tho with that much  :(

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 30, 2011, 09:01:42 PM »
I'm waiting for the flames, but I wonder what everyone is expecting. Flawless connection has not been invented yet. You either get what Street Fighter IV provides with a game speed that does not feel stable and for a game like KOF would cause havoc, or you get a connection like Street Fighter 3rd Strike where the connection gets jittery and you have teleporting characters.

The fact of the matter is KOF is a VERY lag sensitive game with commands and motions that have to be done with very little room for error. The newest Capcom games are not like that. They work on a more simplistic level and lag does not kill the game. The closest we have seen to a Capcom game that plays like KOF is 3rd Strike and I have played games that were jittery with a green connection, let alone yellow or red.

We are using a machine that is 5 years old at least. It's not going to work as well as a computer that you bought from the store more recently would. There are simply limitations to what we can probably expect. Let alone people's upload speeds in many places are non existent even though they say 8 Meg download, if your upload cannot handle the traffic then you might as well have 1 meg download. Playmore have tinkered with the KOF 2002UM netcode for around 2 months now. If you think they found a magical connection for the harder to establish connections, wouldn't you think they would have used it on KOF XIII by now?

Flame this all you want cause I have seen so many times, but sooner or later I'd love to see more realistic complaints sent to Playmore so the minor things that they CAN fix can get worked out instead of trashing a game that fails online cause it was never really ment to be played competitively online.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 30, 2011, 09:42:18 PM »
^ There's some truth in what he says.

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 30, 2011, 09:56:26 PM »
^ There's some truth in what he says.

Which kinda goes down the drain when you consider Arcana Heart 3.

arstal

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 30, 2011, 10:04:04 PM »
I've played DRN in a bunch of games, never had lag problems despite his ghetto internet, though I do live fairly close.

pablofsi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 30, 2011, 10:20:33 PM »
Problem is noobs never use the delay increase feature ggpo and SF3OE has, and keep on 0 or 1, so when a high ping guy plays them, it starts to frameskip.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 30, 2011, 10:31:06 PM »
Which kinda goes down the drain when you consider Arcana Heart 3.

Arcana Heart 3 works like Arc System games. Less frames less loading easier to put a decent netcode on.

Problem is noobs never use the delay increase feature ggpo and SF3OE has, and keep on 0 or 1, so when a high ping guy plays them, it starts to frameskip.

That's a major complaint about ranked matches in KOF XIII. The delay increase is at 1/10 to 1/4 of a second, but because KOF is what it is the players are pitching a fit.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"