Author Topic: Billy Kane  (Read 55266 times)

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Billy Kane
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2012, 03:55:34 PM »
EX dp+K is still good for that, but personally I try to work for a counter hit with that, because more combos become possible...

How often do you guys use Senpuukon???
i never use Senpuukon... however i found out that you can kara cancel s.C+D with it before s.C+D connects...

and counter hit? you don't need to hit dp+BD on counter hit... you can always combo off of it... i use Billy as my anchor now... as long as i have 1 meter and 1 drive i'm good...

@ LouisCipher - yes, i love it too... haha... run up s.A... it looks so odd that they wanna attack me...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2012, 04:42:09 PM »

Someone here put that it's useless in the wiki (I'm not saying names, lol) and i disagree. I think you can use it in the corner to stop those trying to roll through you (I've seen LouisCipher use it that way against me a few times, if I'm not mistaken) if you cancel it from a st.CD or something. But I think people should try their best to find uses in moves that they may think its useless, you never know what situations it may be useful in.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2012, 01:44:40 AM »
The Senpuukon has slight AA capabilities. But it's a good tool to use if you think they're going to AB roll towards you or away after a CD and you can Drive Cancel into his Upkicks.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2012, 03:36:28 AM »
EX dp+K is still good for that, but personally I try to work for a counter hit with that, because more combos become possible...

i never use Senpuukon... however i found out that you can kara cancel s.C+D with it before s.C+D connects...

and counter hit? you don't need to hit dp+BD on counter hit... you can always combo off of it... i use Billy as my anchor now... as long as i have 1 meter and 1 drive i'm good...

@ LouisCipher - yes, i love it too... haha... run up s.A... it looks so odd that they wanna attack me...

Yes, I know counter hit is not needed to combo from EX dp+K, but that's just a preference-- nothing more... The more damage the better right?

I use Senpuukon in the corner for combos, and that's pretty much it... If someone rolls, I throw; however, I do need to take in consideration what LouisCipher posted... I don't see any Kanes on xbl, and when I do, they don't even try stuff like that... I'll do it if I'm poking with d.A and the opponent is silly enough to GCAB towards me, then I can cancel into it... If that's what you're talking about, then yeah I do that, but most people don't do that...

Anyone know how much guard the move breaks???

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2012, 07:13:00 AM »
Just curious, has anyone connected a special past Saouchi (b.A) Outside of HD? I've been trying for a little to get something off of s.C->b.A, and occasionally get a weak sansetukonyuudanuchi (hcf.A). Anyone tried this or had better luck?
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2012, 06:03:51 PM »
Anyone wanna take a hold of Billy's wiki and start working on it more? It has combos galore but needs more information, detail and analysis on his normals and specials moves, and some gameplay strats and tips...http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Billy_Kane_%28XIII%29
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2012, 08:19:02 PM »
Just curious, has anyone connected a special past Saouchi (b.A) Outside of HD? I've been trying for a little to get something off of s.C->b.A, and occasionally get a weak sansetukonyuudanuchi (hcf.A). Anyone tried this or had better luck?

The only move I know of that cancels from b.A is (drumroll) Senpuukon... Same goes for d.A as well... They can go into EX Senpuukon as well...

Anyone wanna take a hold of Billy's wiki and start working on it more? It has combos galore but needs more information, detail and analysis on his normals and specials moves, and some gameplay strats and tips...http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Billy_Kane_%28XIII%29

Finally had a good amount of time to actually transfer this info over to the wiki... Hope my format is decent enough-- lemme know if it needs to be redone or whatever... I might have to move some stuff around, pending on what is generally viewed as mid range... Will have more done this evening before my mtg tonight...

--------------------

Who here generally likes this Billy Kane more than the older versions??? I personally like this one alot, with 02UM following right behind in 2nd...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 07:54:56 PM by jinxhand »

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2012, 05:13:02 PM »
This Billy is by far my favourite... Only thing that 02:UM Billy had over XIII Billy are things that would make XIII Billy a completely retarded S tier character... Lets see what happens when we put together these two Billys...

- Counters... OMG XIII Billy has insane defense now... (his only little weakness) that he can drive cancel afterwards and get big damage...

- far s.C - Best normal in the game? Poke from 3/4th of the screen that also beats hops? Why not...

- Senpuukon - Oh... Now FBs can't zone billy either... How great...

- cr.D - This sweep was better than what he has now...

- qcfx2+B - The singature DM... Would connect after a dp+B mid-screen... Too good...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2012, 07:21:51 PM »
You forgot to mention his HSDM counter, also j.C's, and qcb+A's priority...

Honestly, I wish at the very least qcf+A could eat projectiles...

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2012, 09:49:57 PM »
We all know Billy shines at everything in the corner... What are you guys using to punish things at mid-screen? As long as you are about half screen away from corner Billy can punish with cr.C, dp+BD for good damage... (1+0 - 392) (1+1 -480) (2+1 - 552)

However, if you are far away from the corner and you only have 1 meter + 1 drive you can still punish pretty well...

cr.C, f+B, qcb+A, DC, dp+BD, f+B, qcb+A = 381 dmg

and if you corner them then...

cr.C, f+B, qcb+A, DC, dp+BD, f+B, dp+B, hcf+C, qcf+C = 443 dmg

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2012, 08:34:54 PM »
- Counters... OMG XIII Billy has insane defense now... (his only little weakness) that he can drive cancel afterwards and get big damage...

Real talk, EX dp+K IS his defense... It just costs meter though :(

When it comes to punishing combos, I'm doing pretty much the same combos actually...

As far as actual punishing moves go, it depends on the distance overall... There are some things people think are generally safe because they can't get hit with cr.B or some in close move, but cr.A can change that up altogether at times... There is a chance to go into HD from there and continue with a combo, too... It's the same thing with s.C. Some people think that because he can't cancel from it that it's bad to use, when in fact, it's actually great imo... The hitbox seems wider, so it's deceptive in nature, and you can go into HD from that...

RobocopTwo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2012, 04:36:51 AM »
Hey guys, just wanted to ask if any of you guys have tips on how to do qcb+A, DC, qcb+C

I know it is possible but I can't do it consistently at all.

I've tried doing qcb+A, A, A, A, qcb+C BUT because of the stored inputs, I get qcb+A, DC qcb+A so thinking about that I tried qcb+A, A, A, C but that just got the stick spin. I also tried qcb+A, C, C, C, qcb+C but that got stick spin although I think if I did it a bit quicker I would get the desired result but I wanted to ask how other people would try to do it.

Thanks for all the help any and all provide :D

Been trying it a little bit again, and if I do qcb+A, C, C, C fast then it does work, seeing if I can implement it in an interesting way for HD combos......
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 09:59:25 PM by RobocopTwo »

Malik

• Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2012, 08:30:27 PM »
Ok so I'm attempting to practice the 214 ;a DC 214 ;c as well as the 214  ;a ;c to either 214  ;a or  ;c but I just can't seem to figure out the timing when to mash for the DC as well as the inputs. I've even watched , and to get an understanding of what inputs to put in & when to do it. If someone can please explain, that'd be so helpful.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2012, 04:36:04 AM »
I just do qcb A, C, C, C, qcb C.

I first practiced it with s.C [1hit], b.A, C x3, qcb C, qcb A first.

Once I got the timing I moved onto his other ones.  Especially since I practiced it from Clark it wasn't too hard to master.

Malik

• Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2012, 04:04:40 AM »
I just do qcb A, C, C, C, qcb C.

I first practiced it with s.C [1hit], b.A, C x3, qcb C, qcb A first.

Once I got the timing I moved onto his other ones.  Especially since I practiced it from Clark it wasn't too hard to master.

Thanks alot, I'm sure this'll help me a ton.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku