Author Topic: Terry Bogard (Console)  (Read 71537 times)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Bogard (Console)
« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2012, 11:00:37 PM »
Just about every combo posted after the vid I posted is situational (and by that, I mean that they require something else besides the necessary meter and drive). I think Terry's is still the fastest non-situational combo in the game.

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2012, 02:08:40 AM »
yeah, terrys EX geyser > Neomax combos are pretty simple to do, really short, hit hard, and has one to do in any situation. maybe not every situation when it comes to 100% dmg though.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2012, 04:13:59 AM »
EX Burning Knuckle does disgusting damage... it really is worth the bar

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2012, 06:26:39 AM »
It's good at catching people when they jump. I am pretty good at punishing people for jumping from across the screen with it, but I don't know what to do afterwards. There's nothing "free" without spending more meter.

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
  • Are You okay? BUSTA WOLF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2012, 08:36:12 PM »
Crackshoot normally follows up and ex burnknuckle And if you get a crackshoot then do a rising tackle

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2012, 10:37:52 PM »
Look at this Terry counter hit combo video:

KOF XIII - Terry .. Counter Hit Combo

...Not too sure I'd even get a chance to use this in an actual match.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2012, 10:49:59 PM »
It's pretty specific. You have to hit them with j.CD when they're higher than you. Then dash and special cancel it into burn knuckle.

From the looks of it, you follow it up with D Crackshoot and do the rest of the combo. You could do it, but maybe that means you would have to fish for it all the time.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2012, 11:02:37 PM »
^That's gonna be hard to do, isn't it? From what I've heard, Terry has one of the worst j.CDs in the game.

Looking at the video, do you think the guy could've used his meter better?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2012, 11:21:58 PM »
Here's how I see it.

If you get it, great!  You'll probably win if the other person is trying to do a CD and they're slower on the draw then you. Otherwise, even if you trade, a counter hit df+C is probably better in terms of reliability.

Why? If you trade, and it's counterhit, you can combo into any version of buster wolf for 1 meter. An easy 25% damage for a trade. If you trade with an air CD, you get nothing.

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2012, 11:29:26 PM »
terrys j.CD isnt bad... well maybe compared to takuma / karate. i like to use it for neutral hops / jumps.

i dont have these incorporated in my game myself, but his most reliable and practical counterhit j.CD combos would be:
j.CD > D crackshoot > EX Tackle
j.CD > D crackshoot > EX Geyser

this works for df.C too, but as far as i know df.C always trades in any real counterhit situation...

around ~30-40+% for both. on a non counterhit terry will carry them further to the corner, land right next them and i think recovers before the opponent. on any j.CD that hits it might be safe to follow up D crackshoot without losing pressure, i havent messed with it enough myself or tried in matches. im very bad at reacting to my j.CDs...

even if you trade, a counter hit df+C is probably better in terms of reliability.

Why? If you trade, and it's counterhit, you can combo into any version of buster wolf for 1 meter. An easy 25% damage for a trade. If you trade with an air CD, you get nothing.
wow, very cool! :) i never knew that was an option. i get traded counterhit df.C so much...

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 01, 2012, 01:10:13 AM »
The way I see it. You have enough time to do df+C, do qcb+ any button really, and still have enough time to do qcfx2+K before they fall to the ground. Just, everytime you do df+C, buffer in the qcb+P or qcb+K to be prepared if you counter cleanly.

Merkilo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Terry Bogard (Console)
« Reply #116 on: November 02, 2012, 04:18:32 PM »
I saw on the kyo thread that he can reset into meaty upkicks to make them positive on block. Is there a similar setup for crackshoot?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 02, 2012, 07:58:56 PM »
Technically, but it's not as good.

See, you can time crackshoot on someone's wake-up after an air reset and it makes it really hard for them to poke you out of it.

You do your usually bnb combo, midscreen. j.D, st.D, qcb+A, (DC) qcb+B...Instead of finishing it with EX Rising Tackle or Buster Wolf midscreen, you do a delayed st.B. This air resets the opponent. You immediately cancel into D Crackshoot.

You're basically giving them the last frame to work with of the move. It's safe on block. It's not positive unless they block low, and the same thing happens as with Kyo. If someone dps through it, you get hit.

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
  • Are You okay? BUSTA WOLF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 14, 2012, 09:25:24 AM »
^That's gonna be hard to do, isn't it? From what I've heard, Terry has one of the worst j.CDs in the game.

Looking at the video, do you think the guy could've used his meter better?
Terry's hop cd isn't bad it's actually really good against people with higher jump arcs than you. It's also great if you want to jump or hop back you can use it since it's active so sling and comes out reasonably fast. Jumping forward not the. Greats but a2a, neutral jumps, and back jumping/hopping it works great!

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2013, 05:13:49 AM »
Video of Terry combos beginning with light Crack Shoot

KOF XIII - Terry Bogard ( Combo 12 )