Author Topic: Terry Bogard (Console)  (Read 71517 times)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Bogard (Console)
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2012, 10:15:30 PM »
Generally, you can go at it with command grapplers and throw them a bone. You can test their reactions by doing D crackshoot and jumping/back dashing immediately. If they don't do it in the first frame that they're able, you'll jump and get away with punishing them.

D Crackshoot is -1 on block if they block standing. That's still a frame or so safer than B crackshoot.

What makes B crackshoot useful is that it has a smaller fixed range. This makes it so certain setups allow you to space crackshoot so it's safer. You can use it to pressure opponents like Daimon outside of their range and still be close enough to do far st.C or D.

There are certain ways to do it, but the best way is to do B at its max range and cancel into crackshoot or d.B x2, st.B, andB crackshoot.

Zeromurasame

• New Challenger
  • Ehh
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2012, 11:42:15 PM »
So is B Crackshoot safe on block and he can't get grabbed or what? Because if I do it online I always get grabbed (regular grab even) I'm thinking of mixing it up with Terry on 1st.

Is his Downfoward C a good AA? It looks like it.
Regarding B Crack shoot he can utilize certain spacings to where he can't get grabbed after it at all. If Terry were to do a string like Cr.BAC-A Power Wave, B crack shoot, he's put at this really good spacing. He's right around max range of St.B. So he can pester his opponent but he is generally out of command grab range(I don't even think Clark's EX grab can catch him in this spot)

KnitemareX

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2012, 05:53:59 PM »
A lot of places are lifting f+A as canceallable, especially in a bunch of his BnBs. This is incorrect right?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2012, 07:31:56 PM »
A lot of places are lifting f+A as canceallable, especially in a bunch of his BnBs. This is incorrect right?

Yeah, it's wrong, unless it's in HD Mode where everything is cancellable.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Clover

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2012, 10:45:39 PM »
hey guys I cant connect buster wolf into EX power geyser, sometimes it hits but mostly misses, not sure on the timing.

Working on this combo and it hits a few times for 800Dmg, without the EXpower geyser its 695

;c, ;df+ ;c, ;b ;c, ;c, ;df+ ;c, ;dn ;db ;bk+ ;a, ;dn ;db ;bk+ ;b, ;dn ;up ;c, ;dn ;db ;bk+ ;c, ;dn ;db ;bk+ ;d, ;dn ;up+ ;c, ;dn ;db ;bk+ ;c, ;dn ;db ;bk+ ;a ;c, ;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;b ;d(buster wolf), ;dn ;db ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;a ;c(EXpower geyser)

The last part is where I have the most trouble its a decent combo but im trying to milk for the most i can. How can connect the buster wolf into EX power guyser it misses when i try and very few times connects, Thanks

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2012, 01:59:47 AM »
i think the last hit of buster wolf whiffed, giving anywhere juggle property. i thought that only applied with EX version?

i think there are more practical corner HDs that also do a bit more damage. crimson king posted a 3 stock corner juggle HD using 1 EX knuckle / EX geyser for 839/743 dmg. you can also do other variations like 3 EX knuckle or 2 EX knuckle / 1 EX tackle for roughly the same damage.

for 4 bars corner HD you can get 919 / 843 using 3 EX knuckle / 1 EX tackle

Clover

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2012, 02:28:09 AM »
Thanks, yeah still working on it, i'll look into the other one's. This one isnt as damaging but it is the easiest to pull off in a heated game  :). Maybe Buster wolf has to hit dead on mid body or when he's above me.

KnightKinetik

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2012, 03:03:03 AM »
Maybe reverse the EX Power Geyser and Ex Buster Wolf? I'd think with that the second hit of Geyser will whiff allowing you to follow it up with the wolf?

damianz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2012, 04:17:09 AM »
Hi, I've been experimenting with Terry for a while
what do you guys think about this :
combo into  ;a Burn Knuckle, cancel to  ;b Crack Shot, then  st. ;a to EX Power Wave
if it's done from mid screen, opponent have to block EX Power Wave, or they will got hit

any thought?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2012, 06:51:25 AM »
Hi, I've been experimenting with Terry for a while
what do you guys think about this :
combo into  ;a Burn Knuckle, cancel to  ;b Crack Shot, then  st. ;a to EX Power Wave
if it's done from mid screen, opponent have to block EX Power Wave, or they will got hit

any thought?

I don't think it's worth it. It's a nice little trap, but the only thing you'd get is a cross up situation that might be a full combo. That's if they don't just block or GC roll out of it. You also can do st.B with this as well and come out with the same effect. You might want to consider doing something that is relatively safe and gains some meter.

I might suggest doing crackshoot again to gain stock meter? You can delay it or do the D version after a st.B and just fly right to them, even if they tech. You can do the B version and still be relatively safe before you fall down. What I like to do when I have no meter is to either st.C for the reset OR do st.B into A fireball. If timed properly, it pins them down just like you're trying to do albeit not as long.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 06:54:05 AM by Reiki.Kito »

damianz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2012, 07:32:15 PM »
I don't think it's worth it. It's a nice little trap, but the only thing you'd get is a cross up situation that might be a full combo. That's if they don't just block or GC roll out of it. You also can do st.B with this as well and come out with the same effect. You might want to consider doing something that is relatively safe and gains some meter.

I might suggest doing crackshoot again to gain stock meter? You can delay it or do the D version after a st.B and just fly right to them, even if they tech. You can do the B version and still be relatively safe before you fall down. What I like to do when I have no meter is to either st.C for the reset OR do st.B into A fireball. If timed properly, it pins them down just like you're trying to do albeit not as long.

Thank you for your suggestion! Yeah, i have tried  st ;b into EX power wave, same result
I think if opponent is forced to block EX power wave, Terry can keep pressure going since they have to guess between cross up, hop  ;d, empty jump cr  ;b and it's also good for guard crush too!
even if they GC or Roll away, they have to spend 1 meter, and we can bait them to do it and punish

Too bad this setup is range specific  :(

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2012, 09:11:31 PM »
St.B is easier. You can do that st.B into EX Powerwave anywhere as long as you time it right. It allows you to keep the pressure up, yes, but you have other options if you have meter.

You could use that meter to do EX Crackshoot instead of st.B, EX Powerwave. They're gonna get pinned down and you can setup for hard knockdown shenanigans (Meaty rolls, cross ups, fake cross ups). You could use that meter and do buster wolf as well. You're dealing damage, but you recover faster. See although Terry has soft knockdowns, teching the SKD is a bad idea.

When you tech a knockdown, you forfeit all through invulnerability. They second they get out of the roll, they're vulnerable. This is the perfect time to just walk in on somebody. You can literally hold forward after someone's been hit with Buster Wolf and walk up to them. If they tech, you can run in and go for a throw. If they don't tech, you can do everything you could have done if you hit them with EX Crackshoot.

Using EX Powerwave would be the more ideal approach if you did it in the corner or closer to the corner. They wouldn't be knocked farther away from you, they could only GCAB one way, and you're still in a position of power. That's the point here. You are doing this so you aren't losing control, right? So use your tool in the best position, when they're cornered and they want to get out.

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2012, 12:51:17 AM »
i dont think its worth it either. that meter and drive should just go toward a standard 1bar/1drive combo, or save it up till you can do an HD.

i agree with reiki that if youre gonna use EX wave, it should be when your opponents locked in the corner, preferrably when they are nearly KOed and you have the meter to blow.

i can tell you really want to use that st.A setup though.  ;)
i think a good use for it is off of terrys various neomax HDs. if the opponents still alive, follow up the neomax with A knuckle > B crackshoot > st.A  and continue youre corner pressure. i go for it instead of C tackle, depending on the combo, when the neomax follow up will have higher dmg scaling.

NCV

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2012, 07:26:33 PM »
EX wave ain't a bad option just outside of j.cd range. A lot of people get caught by that, trying to punish the startup.

EX crackshoot sets up really dirty ambiguous rolls. Terry's xup isn't exactly the scariest, so whenever I land one I go for a roll mixup most of the time.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2012, 07:17:08 AM »
The spacing and stuff could really make it good for us all to know. I know I've rarely gotten it off so I never try. Can't be scared to do it though.

Can anyone help with an idea I have? We could get an image file and use MS paint to modify the picture, kind of show the distance you have to be when you should roll on somebody. That'd be a good start so we could get everybody using this tool more.