Author Topic: Terry Bogard (Console)  (Read 71519 times)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Bogard (Console)
« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2013, 06:46:53 AM »
That's pretty nice there. But after responding to it, wouldn't that be like a 1F, 2F link?

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 12, 2013, 04:32:37 AM »
Yeah its something like 2F link, but the real problem with this tech is Crackshoot not being an overhead.

I experimented with this a long time ago with high hopes, and in the end I couldnt really find practical situations where youll hit a crouching opponent with Crackshoot who isnt blocking. On a standing opponent theres no real combo opportunity outside of the corner, due to the spacing. If you hit an opponent with a raw Crackshoot who isnt blocking, chances are they are standing. Regardless, unless Terry is doing guessing games with Rising Tackle, he would be doing spaced Crackshoots anyway just in case they stand block.

I dont think it has any practical use as an HD starter outside of the corner, and even then... With the tight link, shit still seems too tough. Id admire anyone could incorporate this into their game.

Idk, maybe outside the corner you could do a spaced Crackshoot > cr.B > st.B > Buster Wolf? Sounds tough to confirm still though.

What do you guys think about Crackshoot combos as far as practicality goes?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 13, 2013, 06:52:41 AM »
Pretty random occurences for me so I can't honestly say it's practical. You have to commit to an attack, which depending on the situation, could get stuffed or get reversaled. You also have a small window to respond. With a 2F link, you have to mentally prepare for the hit. So the situation where you throw crackshoot out expecting it to hit the way you want is pretty small.

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
  • Are You okay? BUSTA WOLF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2013, 02:36:31 PM »
Pretty random occurences for me so I can't honestly say it's practical. You have to commit to an attack, which depending on the situation, could get stuffed or get reversaled. You also have a small window to respond. With a 2F link, you have to mentally prepare for the hit. So the situation where you throw crackshoot out expecting it to hit the way you want is pretty small.

You guys act like you can't bait counter pokes or punish fireballs with crack shoots.lol

Also not every character has to be crouching for this to work. It's character or more so height specific. I posted a list of characters each crack shoot works on back last June or July.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2013, 10:59:56 PM »
Cool video, I learned quite a bit. Thanks for sharing.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2013, 01:10:40 AM »
So, was playing with Terry and was trying to apply some knowledge of hitstun for st.B.

It's usually a fairly strong pressure tool, but you can't net anything from it. Especially close up as the only thing you can connect into it is an EX special.

This actually isn't true.

Terry's st.B gives you about 4F+ advantage on hit due to hitstun. I don't know the EXACT frames, but yesterday, I could link df+C into st.B. Today, I did st.B point blank and did close st.C, which connected. Both of these normals are 4 frames. I wonder if it links into itself.

Anyway, TL;DR -> st.B into df+C or st.C is a link (Not a cancel, a link). It's probably a 1 or 2 frame link.

EDIT: It apparently doesn't link into itself so st.B into st.B doesn't work. That probably means that st.B is in fact slower than st.C which means it's slower than 4F :( Definitive proof st.B was nerfed from Arcade!

« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 01:14:36 AM by Reiki.Kito »

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 25, 2013, 03:30:10 PM »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 25, 2013, 07:06:56 PM »
According to :
http://keykakko.wordpress.com/2012/12/28/%E3%82%A6%E3%83%83%E3%82%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%81%AE%E5%BE%A9%E6%B4%BB%E3%82%92%E3%81%A3%EF%BC%81/

Terry st.B starts in 6, and is +4 on hit ...

According to the mook from arcade, st.B was 4F. So I did not believe that it was 6F. That also says nothing about "on hit". That's advantage on guard and start up.

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 28, 2013, 04:09:10 AM »
I have to agree that the 2 frame difference in st.B is pretty significant, given Terry's options. I feel it's harder to punish some things with Terry where another character could use some 1-3 frame special including the 5 frame buffer. I think 4 frame st.B would make me a bit more confident to commit to a st.B punish into HD or super. I'm not the sharpest player when it comes to tight punishes though. I also only have my online experiences to go by. Tight punishes with normals are not very fun online, even with a good connection. =/

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 21, 2013, 10:52:10 PM »
New tech with Terry?

KOF XIII - Terry Lol

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 22, 2013, 05:44:02 AM »
Hm...That's interesting. I was thinking of that actually earlier if you could do two crackshoots. But they'd need to be higher in the air and get hit with the tail end, like Kim's Hangetsuzan.

Good find though and special thanks to Zeroblack, but could we replicate it using drive cancels?

My thoughts are if you did the d~u+P [SC] EX Power Geyser in the corner, that might work.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 22, 2013, 08:52:42 PM »
Here's something else regarding that:

KOF XIII - Terry Lol 2

EDIT: More videos similar to those.

KOF XIII - Terry Lol 3

KOF XIII - Terry Lol 4

KOF XIII - Terry Bogard ( Combo 14 )
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 09:35:00 AM by marchefelix »

The K1 Effect

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 30, 2013, 03:23:38 AM »
so I just went to look at the wiki frame data for terry since I got blown up today but a terry that kept doing crack shoot > cl.st.C and looping it over and over.....

is that shit really -1 on stand block and +2 on crouch block? Wtf ??

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 31, 2013, 04:37:12 AM »
so I just went to look at the wiki frame data for terry since I got blown up today but a terry that kept doing crack shoot > cl.st.C and looping it over and over.....

is that shit really -1 on stand block and +2 on crouch block? Wtf ??
If he is close enough to do close st.C, you should be able to tick throw him out of it. 1 frame command grab is the best option. Further away from that I would just try to poke with a 4-5 frame normal. I personally do not have enough experience being on the receiving end of this. I don't think I'm good enough to give proper advice on that. Maybe someone else can give some input. I think that B Crackshoot is -2 standing while D Crackshoot is -1.

I can say that who I'm used to playing would blow me up for this regardless of if they had a 1 frame CG. Terry can space his crackshoot to not be punishable in most situations, but he will be in range for far C to come out instead. I'm not sure if this works on Kyo's EX Orochinagi or the biggest range CGs. A spaced crackshoot will hit at a lower angle of the kick even when you stand block.

I think the only thing to watch out for aside from spacing, if you are tick throwing the crack shoot, I think Terry can do C Tackle to beat it? It's a bit of guessing game though that imo is not in Terry's favor. If he guesses wrong he will get blown up by a HD combo unless it's early on in the first round.