Author Topic: Hwa Jai (Console)  (Read 87407 times)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Re: Hwa Jai (Console)
« Reply #195 on: June 25, 2012, 02:30:14 AM »
Curious if anyone has had problems like me:

Opponent in corner: Jump in D, D Dragon Tail (doesn't combo, but it's more of a fake out gimmicky move), B Dragon Tail, B SRK, DC D Dragon Tail, followup D Dragon Tail, and either Super.

I've tried landing the super and for some reason the game registers it every single time as a B SRK. I turned on the input display and it does show me doing QCFx2. I even tried HCFx2 and still, B SRK came out. It wasn't until I followed up the D Dragon Tail followup with TNT Punch then I was finally able to combo into Super.

I swear the game has some weird input problems when it comes to more advanced shit.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 25, 2012, 05:30:21 AM »
Why wouldn't you follow up with the TNT Punch anyway?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 25, 2012, 12:02:09 PM »
If you're going for raw damage to kill. Why else?
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 25, 2012, 05:04:56 PM »
Because the difference is negligible and it's easier to follow up?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Suiname

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 25, 2012, 06:39:36 PM »
hmm.... this is strange.  I've definitely done the combo you're talking about before without the TNT punch.  Whenever I go into HD mode with Hwa I finish the combo that way, though after watching CEO and seeing Mago's corner combo, I may start doing srk -> D dragon tail (DC) -> D Srk -> super.  I'm pretty sure I saw him do this and since only the 2nd hit of the D Srk hits, it scales less and I think you can still get regular super off it and not EX.  This combo is only useful if you're not drunk and are trying to conserve meter / optimize damage, i.e. if you're already close to killing.  Will try in training mode soon

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 25, 2012, 09:54:43 PM »
Curious if anyone has had problems like me:

Opponent in corner: Jump in D, D Dragon Tail (doesn't combo, but it's more of a fake out gimmicky move), B Dragon Tail, B SRK, DC D Dragon Tail, followup D Dragon Tail, and either Super.

I've tried landing the super and for some reason the game registers it every single time as a B SRK. I turned on the input display and it does show me doing QCFx2. I even tried HCFx2 and still, B SRK came out. It wasn't until I followed up the D Dragon Tail followup with TNT Punch then I was finally able to combo into Super.

I swear the game has some weird input problems when it comes to more advanced shit.

Maybe try reversing the input as he might be crossed up at that point though he really shouldn't. I've had similar cases with corner Hwa Jai combos that required me to reverse the input because at that moment he was crossed up.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 26, 2012, 01:01:37 PM »
An easy way to solve your problem is buffer the DM motion a little earlier and hold the button down... It will buffer it for you...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 16, 2012, 04:05:27 PM »
I've been meaning to post this Reynald Hwa Jai combo as the damage is so stupidly high, looks sick, and I haven't see it anywhere so correct me if I'm wrong:

Corner NON-drunk starting with 1 stock 1 drive (but uses two total gaining one in the process):
-s.C, df B, Ex qcf P, air dp B, dp D, [DC] air qcb D, qcb D, air dp B, qcf A, qcf x2+P DM -610
-with j.D is 640
-with j.C, air qcb B starter is 667

Now I know he ha crazier drunk combos but the damage on that is so ridiculous an it's like 550ish starting with a s.A which is insane.  Once again, all you need is to start with 1 stock 1 drive (even though it uses 2).  
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 04:09:54 PM by Kane317 »

bopper

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 16, 2012, 04:52:56 PM »
Wow that is pretty crazy. Thanks a lot for posting this, gonna go hit practice mode now ;).

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 16, 2012, 09:09:46 PM »
That is pretty cool. I never really considered using the TK dp+B. I wonder if it has any good implementations while drunk.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 17, 2012, 11:03:09 AM »
That is pretty cool. I never really considered using the TK dp+B. I wonder if it has any good implementations while drunk.

I can't take any credit, it's all Reynald but he can't be stuffed to post.  It was the first combo he taught me with Hwa and it's the one that stuck for all the aforementioned reasons. 

If you think Reynald's Karate was a monster wait till you see him use Hwa...

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 17, 2012, 11:16:03 AM »
If I remeber accurately, s.C,df.B,dp.D,(DC)air dp.B,dp.D,qcfqcf.K (Works with both version) Deals more, should build less gauge though.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Blake/White

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 17, 2012, 01:26:01 PM »
That combo with EX super at the end does 609, which is pretty much the same damage for Reynald's combo and is much, much easier. Of course, if you do Reynald's combo, you have the option of using an extra stock to end with EX DM instead of regular DM, but I can't tell how much damage that does because of how difficult Reynald's combo is. The QCB+D has to hit 4 times for the air DP+B to hit afterwards, which is something that is either character or timing specific (or both). It seems very inconsistent from the bit that I tried it.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 17, 2012, 04:22:01 PM »

I am having trouble in executing the full screen HD combo. After activation, when doing the Arial dragon kick I cant cancel it into dragon tail; it's not connecting. Any tips on that?

bopper

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 17, 2012, 04:53:27 PM »
That combo needs some really weird delays in order to work. Here is a much easier/better fullscreen HD:

st.C, df.B B+C st.C, df.B x dp.D HDC air qcb.B, dp.B HDC air dp.D, dp.B HDC air dp.D HDC air qcb.D, qcb.D, dp.B HDC air qcb.D, qcb.D, dp.D, qcf qcf.BD.

Does more damage IIRC, works fullscreen and is MUCH easier.