Author Topic: Hwa Jai (Console)  (Read 87915 times)

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Hwa Jai (Console)
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2012, 09:21:29 PM »
TNT Punch gives a limited juggle state. You can connect with anything you like, as long as it's fast enough. Once they fall a certain height, they can't be juggled.

In most cases with these combos, you are better served using regular DM instead of EXDM. The damage difference is usually negligible (maybe 40 points max) and the extra bar left over would be much better saved for more drunk shenanigans or keeping a Backbreaker in your pocket.

Example:

DP+D Drive cancel air QCB+D, QCB+D, QCB+Bx3, QCF+A, DP+B Drive cancel QCB+D, QCB+D, QCB+D, QCB+Bx3, TNT Punch in the corner, ending with regular DM here will do 820, while EX DM does 862.

Now, if you save the bar, your opponent only has about 180 life left, so a single basic combo or a Backbreaker will end them. If you used the extra bar, you got 42 extra damage, but you don't have the Backbreaker option available. This limits your options somewhat, both offensively and defensively.

Yeah, in real matches I actually barely use the EXDM, it only comes out a couple frames faster, which there's never any real need for except for linking it after a dp+D anti air. It's almost always better to save that meter, and Hwa's damage is already disgusting without it. I just throw in the EXDM when I'm trying to go for the most damage possible, if I don't think that the DM itself will kill, but the extra 80-100 damage from the EXDM will do the trick.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2012, 12:29:10 AM »
I honestly think the TNT punch is pretty worthless outside of making combo videos.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2012, 02:56:10 AM »
It's his only safe block string ender actually.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2012, 03:48:22 AM »
Interesting. I usually use B Dragon Tail and dare them to hit me and try to do either SRK or C Grab Super.

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2012, 03:49:17 AM »
B dragon tail is -1 or maybe worse. You can be grabbed after it for sure.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2012, 05:47:43 AM »
The problem I have with the A TNT Punch that it doesn't really link after the B Slide unless you do it point blank.

Blake/White

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2012, 04:46:29 PM »
TNT Punch in combos adds damage, stun, and meter gain. The damage added is really low and scaling means that sometimes, your combo won't do the max damage possible, but for the extended drunk combos, the added stun and meter is good. In addition, EX TNT Punch gives you a way to combo into Dragon Dance midscreen without using any Drive, so it's kinda convenient to have sometimes.

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2012, 07:25:39 PM »
TNT Punch in combos adds damage, stun, and meter gain. The damage added is really low and scaling means that sometimes, your combo won't do the max damage possible, but for the extended drunk combos, the added stun and meter is good. In addition, EX TNT Punch gives you a way to combo into Dragon Dance midscreen without using any Drive, so it's kinda convenient to have sometimes.

If you're drunk you can do EX TNT punch and link to qcb+Bx3 into dragon dance, actually.

Blake/White

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2012, 02:20:12 PM »
Awesome, I probably should have thought of that.

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2012, 08:47:25 AM »
Oh yeah, I don't know that I've mentioned this before in this thread, but I saw on the previous page that people are having trouble with accidentally getting Hwa's qcfx2+D after d/f+B instead of dp+D, and I had this problem as well, but there are two very good solutions to this problem.

Method one (most reliable): Return the stick to neutral after d/f+B. Just completely let go of the stick or remove your thumb from the pad briefly. The cancel from d/f+B to dp+D is extremely loose, and you'll be able to connect it even if cancelled extremely late (but not too late... or your dp+D gets blocked and you eat a free combo)

Method two (easiest): hcb,f+D gives you the D shoryu, and not the DM. Do this very quickly after the d/f+B and you should get the D shoryu to come out very easily.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2012, 12:07:58 PM »
To avoid the dm to comes out I hold the df position after the dp move. It works wonderfully.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2012, 11:29:01 PM »
That's pretty much my problem with him too.  His inputs seem way looser than everyone else.

Just keeping in the spirit of drinking like 4 bottles of wine per 60 second fight
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2012, 08:59:04 AM »
Who gets drunk off wine?

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2012, 04:51:49 PM »
mostly homeless dudes, I think
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

KCs NOTORIOUS

• New Challenger
  • Gettin Better
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2012, 11:20:38 AM »
Does anybody know how to do a 100 percent combo with hwa? Idk it seems like he did more damage the other day with his hd corner combo, i was able to get a 97 percent corner combo while drunk, but now i'm barely able to get 88 percent while drunk. Even without him drunk with maximum hits in his corner combo with his heavy dragon tail i'm still barely able to get out 83 percent damage. 
Steam Id: KCsNOTOR1OUS
Midwest KoF rep

"No Justice, Just Us"