Author Topic: Mai Shiranui (Console)  (Read 93357 times)

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Mai Shiranui (Console)
« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2012, 08:57:02 PM »
Great video... Will add some of those to the wiki...

Found this beast 0 meter + 1 drive corner combo... (builds back 1.35 meters and 31% drive)

Corner combo obviously... Mai needs to be spaced away from the opponent...

Counter hit s.C+D xx qcf+A, qcb+A, qcb+C, qcf+B, DC, qcf+A, qcb+C, qcb+C, qcb+C, cr.C = 556 dmg
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:05:00 PM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2012, 09:31:34 PM »
That sounds pretty cool.

I'm picking up Mai for the upcoming tournament, trying to show RogerDodger that she is quite viable and good. I'm having a little bit of an issue with characters that are more pressure heavy like Iori, Kyo, Shen, and maybe Mr. Karate.

I figure I could do with footsies, but if someone is stronger at it than me, what do you suppose Mai can do to win against some tougher matches? Her only truly invincible move is her EX DM, but I don't want to always depend on meter.

What I have come up with is pretty universal, but I tend to backdash if I know I'm being pressured or mixed up.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2012, 10:01:02 PM »
http://fr.twitch.tv/asso3hitcombo/b/314870040

Around 25 min, Louffy is the best french mai player so far (Look for it on the channel there is also a team stream where he plays the finals alongside with FOX).
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 10:04:08 PM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2012, 12:33:37 AM »
I'm trying to pick the char, but I have trouble with her qcb.AC,(qcb.C)*3 combo into corner, any tips? (I'm bad at timings :<)

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2012, 02:47:54 AM »
I'm trying to pick the char, but I have trouble with her qcb.AC,(qcb.C)*3 combo into corner, any tips? (I'm bad at timings :<)

Well, you can land it with varying timing actually so it can get a bit messy explaining so i'd say you're best off testing it out for yourself so you can get an idea of why you hit/miss one or two hits of your ryuuenbu's depending on timing. It is actually a hell of a lot easier to do c.B, c.B, s.A, qcb.A+C, qcb.C*2, air throw, wich nets you just below 400 damage. Ofcourse, these combos are different in that one grants a knockdown and the other an optional reset, so it's probably best learning both just in case, even if you prefer my alternative.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2012, 12:43:29 PM »
I don't understand, the air throw pass after qcb.C*3, so it's always better to do 3 than 2 ...

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2012, 04:18:35 PM »
I haven't managed to connect an air throw after qcb.C*3 and have assumed that the opponent ends up too close to the ground, so i just end it with a c.C for reset. I'll try it out at some point because obviously as you say, 3 is better if there are no benefits besides execution to 2.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2012, 01:07:41 PM »
Unless u can do 3 every time, Just stick to two... It's wayyy more reliable... Also finishing with air throw gives u the best wake up game...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2012, 03:44:09 PM »
So was fiddling around with the character earlier today and was trying to figure out what you can do with her HD Bypasses.

I found that you can actually carry someone from any point on the map as long as you have 4-5 bars of meter, you can get start this combo from about 75% of the screen.

So here we go.

j.C, d.B, d.A, qcb+ACB (HD Bypass:EX Ryuenbu), hcf+D (1), [HDC] qcb+C, qcb+C, qcb+C (1 hit), [HDC] qcf+A, qcb+C, qcb+C (1 hit), [HDC] qcf+A, qcb+C, qcf, hcb+AC = 780 DMG

It's 3 bars, but it's pretty easy. If you're not really close to the corner, you can also use an extra meter on the first hcf+D and do EX Ryuenbu again. This allows you, if you're fairly close to the corner, to loop another Shinobi-Bachi before starting the combo. Like I said, it's mostly the not needing to be super close to the corner and it's off an HD bypass that's the sweet part. If you can hit confirm d.B, d.A, you can hit confirm into this combo.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2012, 07:52:56 PM »
She doesn't really need HD bypass... cr.B, s.B, s.D is all you need... Just hit confirm with that and go into HD and s.B, s.D and continue your combo...

To carry them to the corner from 70% away from corner... You can do it with 2 meters if you cr.B, s.B, s.D, HD, s.B, s.D, hcf+D (1 hit), DC, qcb+C (1 hit), DC, hcf+D (2 its), DC, air qcb+C, hcf+D (1 hit), DC, qcf+A, qcb+C, hcf+D (3 hits), DC, Neomax...

An easier version of that (but costs 3 meters) is cr.B, s.B, s.D, HD, s.B, s.D, hcf+BD, qcb+C (1 hit), DC, qcf+A, qcb+C, qcb+C, qcb+C (1 hit), DC, qcf+A, qcb+C, qcb+C (1 hit), qcf+A, DC, Neomax...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2012, 11:23:11 PM »
Why don't you loop qcb.C,hcf.D midscreen to carry into the corner?
It save meter to end with the neomax, it does less damages?

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2012, 11:53:22 PM »
shifting back to counter-hit C+D; has anyone noticed that if properly spaced you can do counter-hit C+D, qcf.A*3, qcb.C, airthrow for 422 damage in the corner? funny combo imo since Mai's C+D is so good to begin with.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2012, 10:12:07 PM »
shifting back to counter-hit C+D; has anyone noticed that if properly spaced you can do counter-hit C+D, qcf.A*3, qcb.C, airthrow for 422 damage in the corner? funny combo imo since Mai's C+D is so good to begin with.

The proper spacing can be achieved if you do d.B x2, st.A, and then A Kachousen. It is really good. I made a slight change though. You can actually make this combo a little longer.

Counterhit CD, qcf+A *2, qcb+C, [delay] qcb+C (1 hit), [DC], qcf+A, qcb+C, qcb+C (481 dmg). If I could get the air throw, that'd be about 500 dmg.

EDIT: Got it, about 537 dmg. THe trick is to do qcb+C as early as possible after the drive cancelled qcf+A

EDIT: So, you don't have to keep it at the proper spacing. At any spacing, you can start off with qcb+A and just time your qcb+C's. I've managed to get 3 and then DCed into qcf+A. I can't airthrow, but it's 500 damage without an air throw. That's DIRTY and easy!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:23:38 PM by Reiki.Kito »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2012, 12:01:05 AM »
I'm gonna add that you have to input d.B d.B s.A at a relatively fast pace to get the proper spacing that way, but it is a real good way to go about it. If you do the string at a slower pace you will push yourself back too far, it's important to know because if you know that you did so, you should probably go ahead and skip the third qcf.A as it's probably going to whiff anyways. Or you could just take one small step forward before inputing C+D hehe.

Tacking on an extra 115 damage for just one drive is sweet btw, i guess i'll have to try your extension out.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2012, 05:09:35 PM »
Tacking on an extra 115 damage for just one drive is sweet btw, i guess i'll have to try your extension out.
Read at the beginning of this page... Reiki mentioned the one that you don't have to be far for... The one I posted does the most damage and builds the most meter so far...

Why don't you loop qcb.C,hcf.D midscreen to carry into the corner?
It save meter to end with the neomax, it does less damages?
It's a really hard thing to do consistently multiple times in a row... You can get accidental DMs and screw up your combo if you dont have 2 more meters to Max Cancel... Better to be safe than sorry...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth