Author Topic: Claw Iori (Console)  (Read 77323 times)

NCV

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Claw Iori (Console)
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2012, 12:11:46 AM »
Bopper, that is legit! Not too easy though. It's easier for me to go right into super>NM after the df.c, but if you can get it that extra 100 damage is worth it.

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
  • Are You okay? BUSTA WOLF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2012, 04:29:58 PM »
Idk if anyone is aware, but Iori's qcb+c has lower body invinc. On the wiki it only list ex as having it.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2012, 03:27:50 PM »
Thanks for the correction. I tested it out...the invincibility is hella short but its good enough to pass through low B's.

"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2012, 06:52:08 PM »
Actually its not all that short i beat kim's sweep with it, hwa's slide and iori's sweep as well

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
Re: Iori Yagami (Console)
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2012, 04:07:02 PM »
Trick is Going Not pushing upback on accident. When you are starting an Offense I reccomend going to  down or Down Neutral or Down forward instead of down back. Because What I'm willing to bet you are doing is going down back>accidentally up back> then f+a> Shogetsu. This happens a lot of people doing Iori's hd corner combo with QCB+B> Dp+C.

If you go up at all of the DP+C you get command grab. So just practice it and practice it and you'll get it.

Hi there, thanks for the suggestion.  My problem stemmed from initiating the combo from the db position, for example when waiting for a whiffed jump-in or something, I'd be holding db and it would cancel into DM 95% of the time.  Starting from df gets rid of the problem completely, but for me at least, there will be times I have to start from a db defensive position.  Fortunately my friend told me a simple way to get rid of this problem - instead of doing cr.B, cr.A, f+A, I do cr.B, f+A, f+A.  It does the exact same damage, the range is about the same and I no longer get the accidental DM when starting from db.

Just thought I'd post this in case other people were having the same problem.  It helps a lot.  Thank you Leon!
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

Zen Woo

• New Challenger
  • Tournament Organizer
    • View Profile
    • Team|Frontera Blogspot
Re: Iori Yagami (Console)
« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2013, 05:42:14 AM »
Trick is Going Not pushing upback on accident. When you are starting an Offense I reccomend going to  down or Down Neutral or Down forward instead of down back. Because What I'm willing to bet you are doing is going down back>accidentally up back> then f+a> Shogetsu. This happens a lot of people doing Iori's hd corner combo with QCB+B> Dp+C.

If you go up at all of the DP+C you get command grab. So just practice it and practice it and you'll get it.

Hi there, thanks for the suggestion.  My problem stemmed from initiating the combo from the db position, for example when waiting for a whiffed jump-in or something, I'd be holding db and it would cancel into DM 95% of the time.  Starting from df gets rid of the problem completely, but for me at least, there will be times I have to start from a db defensive position.  Fortunately my friend told me a simple way to get rid of this problem - instead of doing cr.B, cr.A, f+A, I do cr.B, f+A, f+A.  It does the exact same damage, the range is about the same and I no longer get the accidental DM when starting from db.

Just thought I'd post this in case other people were having the same problem.  It helps a lot.  Thank you Leon!

I just to had this problem  back in 2002, after I learned how to play with sanwa stick this problem dissapeared, but I will try that cr.B f+A,f+A for confirms. thanks a lot! =)

Persona

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2013, 08:30:21 AM »
Starting to redo my Iori video and trying new stuff. Found a combo that starts with 0 meter and 2 drive stocks.

jp C, C xx df C xx dp C, dp A xx qcb D, qcb A, qcb A, dp A xx qcb D, qcb A, qcb A, qcf-hcf P 683 damage

You build the meter while performing the combo. Anyone know of a more damaging combo that starts with 0 meter and 2 drive stocks? No HD mode.

Also what's everyone's max damage with HD mode and 2 stocks? I've gotten 916 damage.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 09:14:47 AM by Persona »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2013, 08:34:39 PM »
A question about Iori's command grab:

After the "bounce", when you are falling to the ground, are you able to safe roll it?

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2013, 05:37:22 PM »

After the "bounce", when you are falling to the ground, are you able to safe roll it?

Not sure because I'm to busy doing resets or taking chunks of people's life bar to find out.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 01, 2013, 10:34:35 PM »

Not sure because I'm to busy doing resets or taking chunks of people's life bar to find out.

I figured... xD

I only asked that question because I began to wonder what might be the advantages of letting your opponents simply fall, if any. Perhaps that move is just a combo starter after all.

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2013, 01:02:57 AM »

I figured... xD

I only asked that question because I began to wonder what might be the advantages of letting your opponents simply fall, if any. Perhaps that move is just a combo starter after all.

Well it also has godlike resets to it also. So if you were hoping for a mix up opportunity you can creat mix ups, meaty situations, fuzzy frauds and all kinds of nonsense

meiji_99

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2013, 05:39:36 PM »
does anyone knows the proper timing for commandthrow, delay df.C? I have the difficulty to do it consistenly, thx.

mechanica

• New Challenger
  • *hic*
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2013, 07:09:47 AM »
does anyone knows the proper timing for commandthrow, delay df.C? I have the difficulty to do it consistenly, thx.
There's no real easy trick to timing it, if you mean meterless cmd throw. You could try holding forward and as soon as iori moves go for it. That may even be too much delay though. Try watching the opponent instead of iori - as they reach the top of the bounce and are coming down... Press it. Find whatever cues work for you.

If you're using EX, I have seen someone use whiff cancel st.CD into dp+C then link df.C.

~

Fun trick: cr.B cr.B qcf+B... If confirmed, hcb+P and you get short short super!
http://www.youtube.com/pantailamon
(check out the safejump playlist!)

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2013, 12:45:53 AM »
in or outside of the corner?

obiiwan

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 04, 2014, 09:50:34 PM »
I need help with Iori's 3 stock HD combo, listed on the wiki (the one that does 1027 damage):

j.C, cl.C, df+C (HD) cl.C, df+C, dp+A (DC) qcb+B (DC) dp+C, df+C, dp+C, qcb+B (DC) dp+C, qcb+B, qcb+A, qcf hcb+P (MC) qcfx2+BD

I have trouble connecting the second df+C (the one on the juggle). 80% of tries, I just miss it as if my opponent lands a bit too early.

edit: also, the other 100% 3 stocks HD Iori combo...
j.C, cl.C, df+C (HD) cl.C, df+C, dp+A (DC) qcb+B (DC) dp+C, qcb+B (DC) dp+C, qcb+B (DC) dp+C, qcb+B, qcf hcb+P (MC) qcfx2+BD - (1003 damage, corner only, carries 1/3rd of screen)

Usually, my HD gauge drops to 0 before I have the chance to do the Neo Max Cancel :S
I can get the rest of the combo most of the times, and every now and then I get enough time to perform the Neo Max Cancel, but the more I practice that combo, the more I get to deal with the problem of my HD meter running out :S
If i try to hurry, I whiff one of the attacks. Help, I really need at least one of those combos

edit2: I finally learned how to do the 1003 damage combo. Button hold trick does the job, by getting most of Iori's specials as early as possible will assure enough time for a NM cancel
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 08:09:52 PM by obiiwan »