Author Topic: K’ (Console)  (Read 120757 times)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: K’ (Console)
« Reply #285 on: April 20, 2013, 11:55:47 AM »
So managed to poke around with K' today and figured out a combo that gets close to 800 dmg in HD for one bar. I don't know what else to cram in to make it break the barrier.

Midscreen/Semi-Corner
hop C, st.C(1 hit), f+A, {HD Bypass: hold back}, far st.D, qcb+Kx2 (instant slide), dp+A(1 hit), {HDC} qcb+K, qcb+K (whiff), (dp+A(1 hit), {HDC} qcf+C, f+D, f+A, qcb+B)x3, dp+A(1 hit), (HDC)qcf+C f+A, qcf,hcb+P = 783 dmg

If you can do j.C into d.C, f+A, it might push K' HD combo into the 800 mark, but I can't do that.
The minute spike after f+A, you don't need to do the whiff follow up. You let them fall to the right height and pop them back up again. Saves input stress and is easier to execute surprisingly!

HD mode ends exactly at the last HD cancel. This works about midscreen, it's not a full wall carry.

OCV|Gilgamesh

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 21, 2013, 02:14:33 PM »
kupô

any setup for safe-jump or cross-up ?

thx

FM Sway

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 08, 2013, 03:29:53 AM »
kupô

any setup for safe-jump or cross-up ?

thx

Not sure if it's been said here, but there is a crossup setup after the C Crow Bites. Provided you did the hard knockdown followup, on their wakeup, you do cr. B, then hop D. It's one of the most specific times you can do Hop D. Obviously, like most crossups for K, you're gonna lose to most DPs, but when people see the hop D, they usually think it's gonna whiff.

Only reason why I use hop D is for that very reason, people just aren't used to seeing it. You can do the same setup with hop A and hop C.

Crossup D, FYI, is stupid. lol. If you do cr. B on point-blank then hop D, it misses completely.
BUT, if you're point blank, then nudge K' back by like, a pixel, then do cr. b, then hop D, it hits.

...K' lol
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 03:33:18 AM by FullMetal »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 08, 2013, 12:55:13 PM »
I'll give that a shot, that sounds really hard to deal with.

EDIT: Been really trying hard to get that down, but seems like they get back up before I rise from crouch B.

However, I did notice that if I hyper hopped, I get the cross up D. It doesn't combo though. Does your cross up combo?

You can also get the hyper hop set up off a throw or one crouch B from point blank. My method is to do the up motion for the jump and pressing the D button at practically the same time.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 12:49:21 PM by Reiki.Kito »

FM Sway

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 16, 2013, 09:34:41 PM »
I'll give that a shot, that sounds really hard to deal with.

EDIT: Been really trying hard to get that down, but seems like they get back up before I rise from crouch B.

However, I did notice that if I hyper hopped, I get the cross up D. It doesn't combo though. Does your cross up combo?

You can also get the hyper hop set up off a throw or one crouch B from point blank. My method is to do the up motion for the jump and pressing the D button at practically the same time.

My bad, I think I worded it wrong. Sorry!

What I meant was that you hit them with a cr.b on wakeup. It doesn't have to be meaty (It could though), and what happens is that it creates enough space to do a crossup D, and if you land the crossup, you can combo after it. What I realized from the duration that I posted that setup and from testing it on real people, I found out that it can be super ambiguous based on the timing of you hop D. Not only that, it conditions the opponent in a lot of ways.

- Woah, that hop D crosses up! I gotta reversal if I see that cr.b again
- There's that cr.b! Time to reversal before he gets me! What? He didn't jump! Ugh full punish! Fine, I'll just pre-emptive jab next time!
- There's the cr.b again! Let's jab. Woah! He hit a low again! Ugh! I'm gonna reversal before that cr.b comes out!
- Hard knockdown from crow bites! Okay, cr.b right? Reversal! What?! He didn't press anything/He did the normal early and baited my reversal! Another Punish?! Come on!
- Alright, fine, I'll just block. Here's that cr.b again, block the crossu- it's didn't crossup?! What?!

The problem is timing the hop. D. To be honest, while it's pretty cool, sometimes it whiffs, but i think it's because I didn't practice the timing well enough. But it's a solid tool. Sorry for the misinformation, though!

You can even add that hyper hop for more shenanigans. Or do a safe jump after the hard knockdown DP. So many things can be done!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 09:40:04 PM by FullMetal »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 16, 2013, 11:32:58 PM »
We're assuming that this happens when the opponent is crouching, right?

Edit: Got it. I also managed to figure out the proper spacing. Based on Iori's model, if you do cr.B and tap back just as K' finishes his animation, you should be at the right spacing which is where K' boot just barely touches Iori's shoe. You'd have to get this point blank.

You can also do this if they commit to crouching after a throw. Tap forward, cr.B, hop for cross up.

You can also do cr.B, st.B, qcf+B and you'll be at the right spacing.

This all goes out the window if someone blocks standing.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 02:04:57 AM by Reiki.Kito »

FM Sway

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 17, 2013, 05:45:50 AM »
We're assuming that this happens when the opponent is crouching, right?

Edit: Got it. I also managed to figure out the proper spacing. Based on Iori's model, if you do cr.B and tap back just as K' finishes his animation, you should be at the right spacing which is where K' boot just barely touches Iori's shoe. You'd have to get this point blank.

You can also do this if they commit to crouching after a throw. Tap forward, cr.B, hop for cross up.

You can also do cr.B, st.B, qcf+B and you'll be at the right spacing.

This all goes out the window if someone blocks standing.

Yeah it's when they're crouching. This setup is really based on them being scared of a second low, which is why I start off with cr.b.

This isn't really abusable, but I do think it just adds more stuff for your opponent to think of, which is always a good thing!

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 17, 2013, 06:51:39 AM »
There's merit in the strategy, don't get me wrong, especially because you can mix in the early cross up j.D to give people a guessing game.

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 20, 2013, 09:53:10 PM »
http://www.twitch.tv/mexikof/videos?kind=past_broadcasts

Check out the MM vids (especially part 2) to watch Kusanagi's K'. He has a very rush down based K' over Luis Cha's defensive K' play style. His hit confirms and execution off of stray hits is amazing. There's a couple of combos I'll have to remember from him. I like his use of old school tactics of whiffing standing normals to get a throw.

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 23, 2013, 11:28:18 AM »
I found a 4f safe jump with K'. After his qcf~hcb+p super if you whiff s.B and then do a slightly delayed hop j.A it's a 4f safe jump. You may wonder when you would land his super but if you do his 1 drive, 1 bar bnb in the corner you'll land it.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 23, 2013, 03:43:08 PM »
If you can stick the dp+A, qcf+C drive cancel, you'll get it a bit more consistently.

That is really useful, but I know off of the same setup, it beats 3F reversals. I'm just not so certain of the timing. AmedoS310 came up with an extensive list of 3F setups.

Edit: http://youtu.be/lVi7GAEftrA?t=1m9s
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 03:53:57 PM by Reiki.Kito »

FM Sway

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 28, 2013, 08:28:26 AM »
Okay, so I tried the setup I made with other people like Zeal here in the NJ/NY area. I kept missing it, and my timing was buns.

Then I kind of used my idea and the idea Reiki misunderstood, and realized that, after a hard knockdown, if I press cr.b twice; one that will whiff, and the other will hit, you can do the setup much easier. Not only that, the range creates a super tricky mixup with hop D and hop C.

Hop D will crossup, and hop C will not, but will look like it will. Mindgames can then be done from there.

I don't have a capture card, but I filmed it with a Potato ~__~, so here's what it looks like. You can gather the timing from there.

K' Crossup Setup

You can also do this with two cr.As, or a cr.B to cr.A, or vice versa. Funny enough, you're also still in range for a close D, hahahah!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 08:32:25 AM by FullMetal »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 28, 2013, 10:12:59 AM »
Now, if we can make people commit to blocking low more, this will really take off as a nice way to get people on. Also, I suggest working on the spacing after throw or just from a regular d.B 'cause that could be very useful in those situations.

For me, I'm having trouble landing it because people stand-block or anti-air with fast standing/crouching normals. If we make them scared with multiple low pokes, we can capitalize immensely.

Sanctuary

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 06, 2013, 12:18:54 PM »
For some reason I find it much much easier to do  ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd ;a~ ;c for the drive cancel than HCB F+ ;a~QCF+ ;c. Timing is tight but after like 30 minutes practicing I can get it 90% of the time. 
Monarch to the Kingdom of the Dead.

FM Sway

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 07, 2013, 01:55:07 AM »
What are the uses for K's sweep?

I'm tryng to be a little bit more unpredictable with K' because I'm finding that I'm being too easy to read. I'm not sure if it's just my general gameplay or K' oriented. So to try and remedy this situation, I'm trying to figure out the multiple uses for K's normals.

Also, what are good pressure strings for K' when on the offensive? I'm doing a few simple frame traps, but I'm finding that I'm leaving too many holes in the pressure, allowing them to escape. It could be due to my judgement or that I'm limiting my options too much when applying pressure.

I definitely would like to know more about K's:

-Hop Pressure Strings (Super needed!)
-Corner Pressure Strings
-Ground Pressure Strings

I don't want to Trigger a lot as I used to. Reasoning is because I'm noticing that for some matchups, doing a Trigger after a string effectively ends the pressure, or allows a hole for them to exit out of. Some Trigger Strings would also help as well!