Author Topic: Mr. Karate  (Read 66130 times)

Blake/White

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: EX Mr. Karate
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2012, 06:13:35 AM »
It helps me to hold  ;uf when trying to tiger knee the air  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;k . He gets a lot of combo opportunities with that move.

Drizzle Bubble

• New Challenger
  • Dashing Young Englishman
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2012, 11:12:16 AM »
That helps, thanks.

Also, you know when you  ;a  ;fd ;dn ;df ?
You can Drive cancel into  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd  ;b

I keep missing the Kick. It's whiffs under my opponent. :/
I can get it sometimes. :/

Drizzle Bubble

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2012, 11:40:05 AM »
That helps, thanks.

Also, you know when you  ;a  ;fd ;dn ;df ?
You can Drive cancel into  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd  ;b

I keep missing the Kick. It's whiffs under my opponent. :/
I can get it sometimes. :/

Blake/White

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2012, 07:24:33 AM »
Yeah you have to time that cancel later, if you do it too early it will always whiff. But if you do it a little early so that the kick hits on the last possible frames, you get a better followup. Decisions, decisions.

Drizzle Bubble

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2012, 02:53:41 AM »
Yes, I've noticed that. I'm leaving it later because it seems easier and feels more natural.

So, I've been hearing that Mr. Karate is a great point character, I'm using him last. Just wondering whether it's a good idea. I've got K' first, then NESTS Kyo and lastly Mr. Karate. I like using Mr. Karate's EX command grab to get in on fireball spammers and button pushers.

Blake/White

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2012, 05:16:12 PM »
I feel like the EX grab is a gimmick, but I get hit by it enough that I probably don't know what I'm talking about. You just have to be very careful using it because people can react and hit you out of it or hop it for a full combo punish if you are predictable with it.

Karate is good anywhere, but he really doesn't benefit a whole lot from having a ton of extra meter hanging around compared to some characters. 3 bars is enough for him to really do major damage, going far beyond that doesn't yield much more. On point you can use his reset and crossup opportunities to really lay into people and run all over them, so he's not dependent on meter to run his game. That makes him a pretty good point character. His EX moves aren't that great either, EX grab aside (which is still a situational tool). You can use EX Hien Shippu Kyaku to carry people across the screen in combos, but I don't know how practical it is.

Drizzle Bubble

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2012, 12:48:42 AM »
Throwing the EX grab out randomly is gimmicky, yes. Using it appropriately isn't, obviously.
But I agree, it can be punished quite easily and when I hit someone with it I feel like such a scrub. XD

I might have to re-think my team. D:

Blake/White

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2012, 01:06:53 PM »
If he's really your best character, running him anchor isn't a bad idea at all, though. Having extra meter hanging around never hurts, and since he can fight just fine without it, you won't end up in a bad spot if your second manages to somehow burn all your resources. He's also less likely to run into a bad matchup than some anchors due to his versatility.

Drizzle Bubble

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2012, 08:04:59 PM »
You make a fine point, sir. XD

I tend to build a lot with K' (point character) and end up using quite a lot with NEST Kyo because I love Drive cancelling with him. I don't think anyone on my team is that meter dependent so I think I will play Mr. K last. Feels weird if he's not last.  ;)

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 04, 2012, 01:16:19 PM »
Mid-screen combo update...

cr.B, s.B, f+A, dp+C~A+B, hcf+B, dp+A, DC, hcf+B, hcf+B, DM...

qcb+AC, dp+C~A+B, hcf+B, dp+A, DC, hcf+B, hcf+B, DM...

Corner CH s.C+D, *link* qcf+C~ff, dp+A, DC, hcf+B, DM
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

VicViper

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2012, 04:03:47 AM »
I'm having trouble confirming cr.B > s.B > f+A into and HD combo.

Whenever I activate after f+A, the s.C always comes out immediately, and it becomes impossible for me to continue the combo.

Yet for some strange reason, I've managed to sometimes get the activation slide I need to do the combo. I don't get how this shit works whatsoever.
XBL: Astejos

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2012, 05:17:57 AM »
Don't activate late.  If you activate too late in the active frames for f.A, s.C comes out late.  You have to activate right in the middle of the active frames. 
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2012, 05:38:54 AM »

Yet for some strange reason, I've managed to sometimes get the activation slide I need to do the combo. I don't get how this shit works whatsoever.

keep the stick / pad in neutral during activation for the slide. doing an input will cancel the slide early or as soon as it starts.

lindseyboi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 19, 2012, 01:57:44 PM »
try hit confirm crB crB stB. it seems like theres a lot of time between the activation and the pressing of the C.

Humbag

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2012, 09:00:28 PM »
Team IFD