Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Gameplay discussion (All shortcuts on 1st page)  (Read 258899 times)

Ufgt

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Systems/Technical/Gameplay discussion
« Reply #510 on: November 30, 2011, 07:35:26 PM »
I think it's too early to have concrete figures. The best we can hope for right now is VGchartz and they're not entirely accurate. The only way would be to wait till Atlus/SNKP releases the data either in a press release or through year end financials.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 30, 2011, 07:37:08 PM »
I think it's too early to have concrete figures. The best we can hope for right now is VGchartz and they're not entirely accurate. The only way would be to wait till Atlus/SNKP releases the data either in a press release or through year end financials.

I think it's easily safe to say VGChartz is nowhere near accurate.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Daisuke Hirada

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 01, 2011, 05:36:59 AM »
raiden:  ;db ;fd ;db ;a hold downback till it hits and press ;fd ;a ;c.

leona is easy:  ;db ;ub punch into ;fd kick.

Thanks Muso!

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 01, 2011, 06:12:27 AM »
Based on what you say, I definitely get a better appreciation for being new to KOF or converting to KOF from an SF background. I can see there being a learning curve in getting used to the drive cancels and especially the HD stuff.

How would you compare burn knuckle drive cancelled into crack shoot versus some of the trials in SF IV? I remember wanting to rip off my skin trying to complete some of the prescribed combos with Guy (one of my favs from Alpha) and Dudley.

For Dudley/Guy there were a bunch were I had to do thinks like jump attack > link normals (or target combo) > super where the linking stuff or tcs required hell 1 frame-like timing so that you are not too far away to land your special/super. My impression at the time (and after clearing some of the earlier ones after 30 tries) was that these combos were just not viable in play :(

Same feeling on KOF trials to you or do you think SF is harder in this respect? I guess anything comes down to muscle memory, but I definitely felt there was a difference. So are the input windows reasonable in KOF and timing just different or is one significantly harder than the other?

guy and dudley combos where easy mode imo, this is harder. especially the very specific stuff where you have to link, time and remember a combo consisting of 15 moves. most trouble i had with ssf4 trials where gens.

and no prob dai.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 01, 2011, 06:30:25 AM »
Have to say, you got skillz. I was getting crushed trying to do those (although for the life of me didn't think the trial stuff was viable on combat). This all really interesting to me btw. Guess it does come down to what you are used to. I'm pretty at home with the KOF combos, although I agree that remembering long lists of moves can be pretty tedius and not remembering being a reason for dropping something.

I'll probably try to do all the trials once, then in play stick with what I like and comes naturally based on the scenario.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 01, 2011, 06:43:19 AM »
Muso, you said you were having trouble with that Takuma combo, the uh 3 jabs and whatever into Ranbu?  It didn't seem that hard to me, and my execution is ass.  Sure you just weren't overthinking it?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 01, 2011, 06:50:52 AM »
i did the combo by making it longer, thus easier for me. and your probably wrong, its 3 chouching  ;b's, a crouching ;a cancelled into ranbu. try it again to make sue it's the right combo. the last crouching light punch was out of range for me when itried it.

also if you got good combo execution, head to the terry thread and help me out.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 01, 2011, 07:02:07 AM »
i did the combo by making it longer, thus easier for me. and your probably wrong, its 3 chouching  ;b's, a crouching ;a cancelled into ranbu. try it again to make sue it's the right combo. the last crouching light punch was out of range for me when itried it.

also if you got good combo execution, head to the terry thread and help me out.

Okay, yeah, that was it.  And yeah, it wasn't that hard for me.  Hell, I always hit that last crouching A.  I got it on my second try with a FB cancel (it was by mistake, tapped A an extra time).  Got it 5th overall (or 3 tries after my first success) completely raw.

And my execution is ass lol.  I have trouble with simple Terry combos, I doubt I could help on the fun stuff.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 01, 2011, 08:33:21 AM »
im playing on PS3 pad, my controller is ass.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 01, 2011, 08:36:07 AM »

I had to play on 360 pad for two years, I don't wanna hear that crap man.

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: December 01, 2011, 02:48:35 PM »

I like it, played kof xi for 1 year with sony pad and was awesome xD

Tikok

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 01, 2011, 04:17:00 PM »
Hello everyone , I was kinda afraid to make a new thread about that but, it would be great if we had a thread where we could list all the unannounced changes that happened on KoF XIII console . I have found these so far :

- Elisabeth's ground CD is whiff cancellable
- Athena's EX Psychoball keeps the opponent in hit/block stun longer
- Athena's C Psychosword's first hit sends the opponent higher in the air making it easier to combo after if you drive cancel into teleport.
- Kula's jump C's hitbox is weaker is you do a hop, it's the same as arcade version if you do a high jump
- Kula's EX Crow Bite's new hitbox makes it very hard to safe jump, kinda like Raiden's EX Raiden Bomb
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 09:01:33 AM by Tikok »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: December 01, 2011, 06:30:45 PM »

I like it, played kof xi for 1 year with sony pad and was awesome xD

you mean the game they made that had by far the best controls ever for a fighter, the one where people with terrible execution playing on even crappier controllers could still pull of the hardest combos? that game is different, the controls in it are godlike. 13 is way more precise, and youll see how bad those pads are if you play a game like kof 95 or 94 or ff3 on it. nobody should use xi as a base to review pads or sticks, the controls are so godlike that it probably even fixes broken pads during play.

Light

• New Challenger
  • >.0?
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 02, 2011, 04:47:34 PM »
Not sure if anyone ran pass this short cut, most likely others know it. I was practicing for a while with Elizabeth and, I had a hard time trying to do her main BNB drive combo.   ;fd ;dn ;df ;a ~  ;dn ;df ;fd ;a.

Everytime I did it the result was.
  ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;a x2. Her Noble Blanc super.

After trying different ways for her drive cancel to work, I tried doing.
  ;fd ;dn ;df+ ;a then   ;a+ ;dn ;df ;fd and it worked everytime. I tried the same concept with Saiki's DP and, fireball and, it worked.
Ash Crimson - Rock Howard - Yun-Seong - Amy Sorel - Helena Douglas - Kokoro - Jin Kazama - Alisa Boskonovich - Lili - Yun - Sakura - Karin

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 02, 2011, 04:55:58 PM »
Actually for Saiki's DP into FB, you can just hold A or C and the DC will happen.