Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Gameplay discussion (All shortcuts on 1st page)  (Read 258897 times)

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Systems/Technical/Gameplay discussion
« Reply #525 on: December 02, 2011, 10:17:05 PM »
Starting to really like Ralf,I can build meter with LP Dynamite, has nice AA's.

He might add well with my Vice & Mature, im doing good with him online. Just gonna have to play offline to see whats really up but im liking him.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 03, 2011, 12:14:08 AM »
Any tip for activating Ash LP>LK>HP>HK without activating HD? I tend to activate HD a lot when I do it. =/

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 03, 2011, 12:50:01 AM »
Any tip for activating Ash LP>LK>HP>HK without activating HD? I tend to activate HD a lot when I do it. =/

I know for Shen's and Ash's you can do the first 3 buttons pretty quickly, dash and push the 4th so I'm assuming, you can do the first two, then press the other two.  Now that I think about it, you might just end up rolling haha.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 03, 2011, 12:55:24 AM »

I know for Shen's and Ash's you can do the first 3 buttons pretty quickly, dash and push the 4th so I'm assuming, you can do the first two, then press the other two.  Now that I think about it, you might just end up rolling haha.

Yeah, I end up with Rolling, that is another problem I have sometimes with Ash only. Shen doesn't suffer that problem. lol

Light

• New Challenger
  • >.0?
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 03, 2011, 07:19:25 PM »
I usually do it in the corner after  ;bk / ;fd ;a during a juggle. During the hit animation hit   ;a ;b ;c  really fast then run and, hit  ;d. For jump in's if you hit  ;a ;b to fast yea he will roll so hit  ;b a little slower or hit  ;b ;c ;d during the animation of  ;a. I believe there is a guide on youtube for San-culotte.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 07:22:24 PM by Light »
Ash Crimson - Rock Howard - Yun-Seong - Amy Sorel - Helena Douglas - Kokoro - Jin Kazama - Alisa Boskonovich - Lili - Yun - Sakura - Karin

FM Sway

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 03, 2011, 08:35:19 PM »
Hi everyone >< New member here.

I must feel like a total fool, but I have no clue how to cancel Elisabeth's  ;dn ;df ;fd ;b/ ;d xx  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd ;a/ ;c

It's pretty much Elisabeth's 2nd mission.. I don't get it. I don't understand how I'm supposed to buffer as fast as the demo says >< Some help please! Or do I have to really grind it out?

EDIT: I mean. I can do the motion and it comes out. But it wont come out with the command normal. How fast do I have to be? ><
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 09:14:38 PM by FullMetal »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 03, 2011, 10:58:05 PM »
Okay, possibly another dumb question about jump ins. In 3S I'm so used to someone jumping in with Low Kick or just a bad jump meaty, and trying to throw me or subject me to some form of Yomi Magic. So let's say they jump in with an early jumping C or D, didn't look like they could combo off of it, so I try to throw them with Toward C or D or reversal out. I can never get that out.

So, what's going on? I know KOF has an anti-tick throw system (unless you use Clark) where it doesn't matter how early you do your jump in, the game is not going to give you a tick throw, unless your jump in totally whiffs.

But I don't understand how an early jump can still lead to a block string.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 05, 2011, 06:57:30 AM »
Hi everyone >< New member here.

I must feel like a total fool, but I have no clue how to cancel Elisabeth's  ;dn ;df ;fd ;b/ ;d xx  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd ;a/ ;c

It's pretty much Elisabeth's 2nd mission.. I don't get it. I don't understand how I'm supposed to buffer as fast as the demo says >< Some help please! Or do I have to really grind it out?

EDIT: I mean. I can do the motion and it comes out. But it wont come out with the command normal. How fast do I have to be? ><

Hello FullMetal! Welcome to DC. Maybe you'd like to introduce yourself in the Meet & Greet section?

Anyway, for Elisabeth's second mission . . . you basically just have to be really, really fast. You cancel the qcf+B into the throw immediately. When you get it right, you won't even see qcf+B come out. I eventually got it, although it did take quite a while.

I don't know if this helps at all, but you might want to try asking in Elisabeth's character thread. People who play her lots might have better advice. Good luck.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 05, 2011, 07:49:51 AM »
lol i had the same problem yesterday when i picked lizzy for the first time to do some trials. also kept getting supercancels during 1 trial when i didn't want to. i think lizzy and duo where the only characters i still hadn't tried on console, and not really liking saiki.

also i remember the problem, doing 2 crouching light into dp made her do the ;dn ;df ;fd x2 punch super instead most of the time. i remember back in the days when it was the other way around in older kofs with tge stricter inputs. back then you had to do your  ;dn ;df ;fd x2 super super precise after crouching lights to do the super, otherwise youd get a dp (the way its supposed to be. in XIII i want to dp but most of the time i get super, wtf. anybody know a trick im forgetting?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #534 on: December 05, 2011, 11:29:19 AM »
My problem is with elisabeth trials ... some of them are impossible or close to impossible.There are times when you have to input fdf punch then quickly cancel with qcf punch - if it's not timed 100% right super will come out.That is bullshit.It would be nice to see someone pull out those elisabeth trials and put them on youtube and prove me wrong
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 11:31:28 AM by KBlackNoah »

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 05, 2011, 11:36:32 AM »
lol i had the same problem yesterday when i picked lizzy for the first time to do some trials. also kept getting supercancels during 1 trial when i didn't want to. i think lizzy and duo where the only characters i still hadn't tried on console, and not really liking saiki.

also i remember the problem, doing 2 crouching light into dp made her do the ;dn ;df ;fd x2 punch super instead most of the time. i remember back in the days when it was the other way around in older kofs with tge stricter inputs. back then you had to do your  ;dn ;df ;fd x2 super super precise after crouching lights to do the super, otherwise youd get a dp (the way its supposed to be. in XIII i want to dp but most of the time i get super, wtf. anybody know a trick im forgetting?

My problem is with elisabeth trials ... some of them are impossible or close to impossible.There are times when you have to input fdf punch then quickly cancel with qcf punch - if it's not timed 100% right super will come out.That is bullshit.It would be nice to see someone pull out those elisabeth trials and put them on youtube and prove me wrong

When you do the C dp drive cancel, you input the qcf+P normally, once the move hits. There is a bit of a delay since the C dp has a slightly longer windup than the A dp. When you do the A dp drive cancel you hit f+X (whatever attack strength you need) immediately after inputting the dp. Keep in mind you still have to time your dp juggles correctly in order for the drive cancels to hit.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 11:39:35 AM by FataCon »

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #536 on: December 05, 2011, 01:06:35 PM »
@FataCon

Yes i know but those inputs a bit fucked up if they are done quickly (and you have to do them pretty fast so the qcf would hit) because 99% of the time super will come out (it's a motion of super but with a forward in the beginning as you know ... that shit is unnecessarily hard  and not safe at all because of her  2x qcf super .. if she didn t had that motion for the super it would have been easy :)  )
I am still trying those elisabeth trials untill i get them right ( i have high doubts of completing them but i like to do hard and useless stuff) but i would never use that cancel in a real match.

Please post a video of you doing any of her trials involving that dp cancel into qcf or give me a link to see someone do it.

I had a lot of fun especially with yuri and vice trials - some were a bit hard but had a fair challange
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 01:14:52 PM by KBlackNoah »

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 05, 2011, 01:37:20 PM »
Y'know, you could actually try reading my post. Or do I have to write out the notation for you?

dp+A > f+A

Try that. Make sure you let the stick hit neutral before the f+A. If you're getting qcfx2 super with that shortcut, then you have sloppy execution. I honestly can't give you more advice than that if you're not willing to try it. The timing is not that difficult once you get the feel down to performing it methodically. That drive cancel is integral for her high damage corner combos, so I would suggest learning them if you plan on playing Elisabeth properly.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 01:40:13 PM by FataCon »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 05, 2011, 03:06:12 PM »
Ok this is seriously pissing me off, are there any alternate ways of doing f, b, f+P?

I'm playing on pad and keep getting the fireball super instead.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 03:13:24 PM by Diavle »

Sanger Zonvolt

• New Challenger
  • KOF Trainee
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 05, 2011, 03:35:24 PM »
Ok this is seriously pissing me off, are there any alternate ways of doing f, b, f+P?

I'm playing on pad and keep getting the fireball super instead.

Playing Takuma? I have the same issue as well.