Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Gameplay discussion (All shortcuts on 1st page)  (Read 259653 times)

the7k

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Gameplay discussion (All shortcuts on 1st page)
« Reply #630 on: December 31, 2011, 04:08:10 AM »
I played on pad for years until this game. Just 2xHCB motions required me to change,  while is strange considering I mained Clark in XII. It was just easier in that game on a pad than this one.

In any case, I felt now was the best time to switch. So many noobs in the community now, it makes it easier to fit in with my lack of execution.

PhillyHigh

• New Challenger
  • OMG OMG SWAG!
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 02, 2012, 09:56:05 PM »
I know this is pretty noob question for me to ask but can you only cancels supers into neos during Hyper Drive?
XBL: Tha Real Philly

Takuma/Clark/Robert (aka Swag Gawd)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 02, 2012, 10:02:48 PM »
I know this is pretty noob question for me to ask but can you only cancels supers into neos during Hyper Drive?

Correct.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

pablofsi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 11, 2012, 02:34:00 AM »
Use dp + strong punch, up-forward + weak punch to do NESTS Kyo's trials.

Roland

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 14, 2012, 03:28:33 PM »
Hi guys,
This will be my first post on this forum.  I've been playing this game for a while.  I'm finding it difficult to open up patient players with the characters without command grabs.  I play against some people who I can rarely bait button presses and can always block my hops jump ins and target combos.  Due to the grab invulnerablity after block stun, I find it difficult to tick grab.  This forces me to get damage from footies and zoning which, honesty I don't find as satisfying as HD combo rape or do risky stuff like empty jump to a low.  What are some tricks for landing target combos?

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 14, 2012, 10:03:42 PM »
Hi guys,
This will be my first post on this forum.  I've been playing this game for a while.  I'm finding it difficult to open up patient players with the characters without command grabs.  I play against some people who I can rarely bait button presses and can always block my hops jump ins and target combos.  Due to the grab invulnerablity after block stun, I find it difficult to tick grab.  This forces me to get damage from footies and zoning which, honesty I don't find as satisfying as HD combo rape or do risky stuff like empty jump to a low.  What are some tricks for landing target combos?

Do the same

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 14, 2012, 10:39:00 PM »
Hi guys,
This will be my first post on this forum.  I've been playing this game for a while.  I'm finding it difficult to open up patient players with the characters without command grabs.  I play against some people who I can rarely bait button presses and can always block my hops jump ins and target combos.  Due to the grab invulnerablity after block stun, I find it difficult to tick grab.  This forces me to get damage from footies and zoning which, honesty I don't find as satisfying as HD combo rape or do risky stuff like empty jump to a low.  What are some tricks for landing target combos?

You can always do an empty hop into throw (regular or command).  Short hop X -> empty short hop throw works good on most people.  That's not really a combo though (unless you're Beni or Kensou in the corner).

Probably the best way to "open people up" is getting good at short hop pressure in general, combining quick overheads with the empty hop into low/throw.  The faster and more reliably you can mixup your highs and lows, the more chance the opponent has of messing up a block.
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #637 on: January 18, 2012, 03:56:17 AM »
Does anyone else have an overhead to overhead attack? That is, a jumping normal to an overhead command/special. All I know is that Mai (j.d+B), Kim (j.qcb+K) and Ralf (j.qcf+P) have these. It doesn't have to knockdown though.

Edit: Oh and it doesn't have to combo. It just has to be another overhead for mixup purposes.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 03:59:10 AM by Aenthin »

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 23, 2012, 09:40:44 PM »
@Aenthin: I think that's everyone.

I have a quick question. You can't Drive Cancel on a guarding opponent, but what about on guard point?

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 24, 2012, 03:57:21 PM »
No DC against guard point either. Can loop clark's B sab to test against.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #640 on: January 24, 2012, 04:59:41 PM »
@Aenthin: I think that's everyone.

Oh? Well darn. I was thinking there might be more. lol

TrulyAmiracle

• New Challenger
  • The Eternal Blaze~
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: January 27, 2012, 02:59:05 PM »
Quick question, is it not possible to do an immediate roll on wake-up?
I've had a few situations where the opponent would do a meaty and I'd try to roll as soon as i get up but nothing comes out and I eat the meaty, just wanna know if the game just doesnt let u roll for a few frames when u get up or was it just me messing up the timing/input.
Winning is Everything. How you do it doesn't matter...

PSN/XBL/Steam: TrulyAmiracle

Angel|Mian|Meitenkun|Ralf|Geese|Ramon|Vice

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 27, 2012, 04:11:07 PM »
I've had a few situations where the opponent would do a meaty and I'd try to roll as soon as i get up but nothing comes out and I eat the meaty, just wanna know if the game just doesnt let u roll for a few frames when u get up or was it just me messing up the timing/input.

You probably did, but they timed it so that they'd do it on the first frame of your wake-up. We're also not aware if rolling has start-up frames and if you're invincible through those frames as well.

MaruchanSoup

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: February 07, 2012, 07:28:35 PM »

You probably did, but they timed it so that they'd do it on the first frame of your wake-up. We're also not aware if rolling has start-up frames and if you're invincible through those frames as well.

That being said, is it possible to backdash right as you are waking up to escape meaties?
or does backdash not have any invincibility?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: February 07, 2012, 08:07:02 PM »
Well, you can backdash the moment you get up. You'll get hit, but you're considered airborne on the first frame. You can avoid being thrown and jump some deep lows, but the good part is that if they hit you with a normal, you just get knocked down to the floor which does give you some invulnerability.