Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Gameplay discussion (All shortcuts on 1st page)  (Read 259682 times)

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Systems/Technical/Gameplay discussion
« Reply #165 on: April 20, 2011, 06:39:20 AM »
I thought Maxima's was instant. Could be wrong of course.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 20, 2011, 06:57:31 AM »
what about kim?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 20, 2011, 07:09:37 AM »
Maxima's nm isn't instant. I've attempted to auto guard it with shen's far C only to whiff

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 16, 2011, 03:58:56 PM »
So, I'm asking this just to double-check something I'm already certain I know.

In HD mode, you can cancel any normals. This does NOT extend to CDs, right?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 17, 2011, 08:24:57 AM »
So, I'm asking this just to double-check something I'm already certain I know.

In HD mode, you can cancel any normals. This does NOT extend to CDs, right?

Even without HD, all CDs are cancelable.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 17, 2011, 10:31:16 AM »
I thought they were only whiff/empty cancelable.

Can they combo into anything? Could vice to CD -> EX hcf+K for example?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 17, 2011, 10:36:22 AM »

That's more dependent on the recovery frames of the s.CD, I'm leaning towards no only coz there's too much recovery on the s.CD.  In the air however, she can j.CD then Ex hcf K when she lands and it'll combo.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 10:55:40 AM by Kane317 »

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 17, 2011, 10:45:27 AM »

That's more dependent on the recovery frames of the s.CD, I'm leaning towards no only coz there's too much recovery on the s.CD.  In the air however, she can j.CD then Ex hcf K when she lands and it'll combo.

And that's only because the aerial attack animations are cancelled upon landing.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 10:55:52 AM by Kane317 »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 17, 2011, 07:11:11 PM »

Well, I have a situation where that could work. If you are using Liz, and use her CD as an anti-air to stop an opponent jumping in you can cancel it in to her qcf,qcb+P super and it will connect.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 17, 2011, 09:29:54 PM »

Well, I have a situation where that could work. If you are using Liz, and use her CD as an anti-air to stop an opponent jumping in you can cancel it in to her qcf,qcb+P super and it will connect.

Liz is definitely more exception than the rule; she's one of the few, if not the only, that has a anywhere juggle DM--which is the only reason it connects.  Otherwise it'll have to be a "counter" on the s.CD before a DM will connect.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 23, 2011, 10:55:30 AM »
So about No. 17's post about a guard crush "combo." How practical do you guys think it is? I've thought about doing it with Shen before cause it seems like it'd be incredibly easy with him, and fairly safe using qcf+D HDC qcf.+A repeatedly. However the thing that stopped me from experimenting with it is, how often will they have no meter? Which brought me to some crazy mind games like omg what if I can do the guard crush combo and just get them to burn all their bar GCCD or something without aiming to actually break their guard.

So for me it seems like using HD to guard crush is a one time thing but there's definitely some potential in using it to make your opponent burn their bar. What are your thoughts?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 23, 2011, 12:05:19 PM »
So about No. 17's post about a guard crush "combo." How practical do you guys think it is? I've thought about doing it with Shen before cause it seems like it'd be incredibly easy with him, and fairly safe using qcf+D HDC qcf.+A repeatedly. However the thing that stopped me from experimenting with it is, how often will they have no meter? Which brought me to some crazy mind games like omg what if I can do the guard crush combo and just get them to burn all their bar GCCD or something without aiming to actually break their guard.

So for me it seems like using HD to guard crush is a one time thing but there's definitely some potential in using it to make your opponent burn their bar. What are your thoughts?

I've been emailing No.17 back and forth and I was debating whether or not he should post it here.  Part of me wanted to keep it a secret coz I know that I don't use Liz, and the only one that really does is The Answer and his top tier team (Liz, K', and Kula) already is a pain in the ass, but the other part of me knows that by posting it here it'll open up more possibilities so it can only be good for the community (and hence I told him to post it).  As for just making someone waste a meter, there's plenty of ways to do that without going into HD.

Honestly I don't know, maybe it's only good for a 5th round situation, maybe it's only good if you're in the lead, or it's just a good way to crack someone's defense especially if your next character doesn't need meter to be effective.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 23, 2011, 01:02:43 PM »
Well the way I saw it with Shen is you hit them with st.C, f+B, HD, st.C, f+B (qcf+D, HDC qcf+A)xN. Then they either have to get guard broken or GCCD/GCAB. After that if they block another move you can pretty much go back into the qcf+D HDC qcf+A loop forcing them to burn another meter. The only thing I'm not sure of is the guard crush potential for Shen so I'll do some testing tomorrow.

There definitely are other ways to get meter but I'm all for the slightly out there options that aren't seen often. I'd say getting any anchor to burn 2-3 meters OR take 50% is a very scary thing for your opponent.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 23, 2011, 05:46:05 PM »
In regards to this Guard Crush combo, when No 17 was here he advised me to use Ex 236+AC with Liz in a cornered opponent which turned out to be very useful and I immediately incorporated into my strategy.

Also the other day Dune posted something about K' which looked like a combo and I was really curios on finding out what it was about so I went ahead and asked him. It turns out that it's not a combo but more of a strategy. I will be testing this strategy of his this week and reporting my results back to him next week. I know I few people are going to be a little upset about me using K' but is for the greater good of the community lol XP
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 23, 2011, 11:22:03 PM »
I know I few people are going to be a little upset about me using K' but is for the greater good of the community lol XP

Is that how you sleep at night, I always wondered what you told yourself... =)