Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Gameplay discussion (All shortcuts on 1st page)  (Read 259659 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Systems/Technical/Gameplay discussion
« Reply #255 on: August 05, 2011, 03:13:18 PM »
nice analysis, but all those negative things can be straitened out with some time. combos using ex dm and nm would still take 5 bars (last char combo) so it wouldnt be that big of a deal./ if they change some of the combos so that they wont fill as much meter be able to do 2 nm's and such. either way im off, too tired to make sense.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 05, 2011, 03:17:31 PM »
The idea behind HD NM costing less I think is to make it easier to land big damage with a simpler HD combo, making it more accessable skill wise.

And Musolini, you should reconsider your no HD combo stance if you are going to take the game seriously. You will put yourself at a big disadvantage. HD combos can deal big damage even if you have zero power bars.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 03:41:03 PM by Diavle »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 05, 2011, 03:23:50 PM »
i didnt say i wasnt going to use them, i use all the skills needed to play any kof game (cept 2k1/xi& mi games). its just that i dont like them very much, andf ill probabkly be using way more dc combos and ex moves in my style of play any way. you got people that use 2 or 3 stocks and full hd and take 70 to 90% damage. im the kind of guy that uses 1 dc stock and 1 or 2 super bars but kill you in 2 combos kinda guy. that doesnt mean that when i have a full hd meter anbd i can land the damage and close the round i wont do it, cause i will.

i know a lot of people like their custom combos, but thats the part of kof i like the least about 02 and xiii. however not liking them and not using them are 2 sepperate things.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 05, 2011, 03:35:01 PM »
Fair enough.

As for not liking custom combos (which DC combos are as well technically), I think it was a smart decision to include it in XIII (even though I didn't like it in 2k2) because it brings that extra bit of hype and excitement to matches. The mechanic overall seems much better implemented this time, ppl use it all the time in XIII but not so much in 2k2 (even the 2k2UM matches I catch these days rarely use it).
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 03:36:48 PM by Diavle »

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 06, 2011, 07:33:31 AM »
Performing Drive cancels are essential in taking the most damage in given situations. But HD is great especially if you know that your character can utilize it without having to burn any super meter. KOF 13 console is definitely the game to play, yes, they did tone down kim,ash,andy, and many others in the cast. THE GAME is balanced. So, let's just be thankful and look forward to it when it gets out. No point in explaining the difference because the game itself feels almost like a new game to learn again with all the tweaks.

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 06, 2011, 07:53:40 AM »
good to hear they changed a lot of shit. didnt know they weakened kim, he wasnt even that strong to begin with (not like k, R, L, Ku). at least terry got buffed with his link, but if that everything hes got it aint that big of a buff imo. i hope they changed the way you can juggle after a hard crackshoot juggle (you couldnt hit ex/geyser and a lot of moves missed after it for no appearant reason at all). since joe can cancel his screw into NM, maybe terry can now also do the same wit geyser (good buff if so).

Chipymax

• Rising Dragon
  • Life is only one, so live it!!! Bronx, New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 09, 2011, 07:29:35 AM »
Now that they have change the console version so much from the arcade version, I'm a little happy that I didn't play the arcade version... because I won't get surprises or get mad that a combo that work in the arcade doesn't work in the console. I can take everything as new.

P.S: I only saying this, because I try to find and play one, but it was a little bit hard.
Xbox live: Chipymax

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 10, 2011, 08:56:16 AM »
to all the people who had a chance to play the console version, i think that fixing the cross up issue also fixed something else very important and probably related to the same problem. surprised non of the usual crowd that plays the arcade mentioned this?

remember in arcade, when crossed up there where many instances the cpu could not determin where to drop the character, left or right disregarding cross up or not. i think most of you have also noticed that when you shot a fb to somebody getting up or somebody happened to jump into your fb (especially ground fb's, cant remember if it was for normal ones too) and the fb was half way their body it would not hit them. so when you times a fb to hit somebody as they where just getting up, you set it up in a way the the front of the fb hits their front. if even a slight delay and the fb is right on them or on their back side, tough luck.

now look at 13 console vids, i think fixing the cross up issue actually fixed this as well. now when you shoot a fb as they get up and the fb is on their sprite or even at the back side of the sprite, they still get hit or need to block it for chip. most probably didnt notice this, but this is a huge improvement of the game. and i personally think it might actually have to do with the programming for the cross ups that also has an effect on this mechanic (because even if the fb was in the sprites hitbox, it would not hit unless it hit them right in their face, their asses were covered for the most part, even the middle of the sprite was covered back in arcade).

edit: i wanted to make a new user id after 969 posts, guess not.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 08:59:52 AM by MUSOLINI »

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 13, 2011, 01:55:08 PM »
question

the new terry A into C combo and all the combos in the game like this r  link or target combos ? im not talking about command normals so i was curious to know about the technical timing to do them if its like link or target combo

and crossups (even if fixed in console version) r easy to do like in shit fighter or harder like u need specific settings or situation to do them or all u just need is the right distance and u can do them whenever/wherever u want ? off course talking about crossups jump in and hops

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 15, 2011, 01:34:30 AM »
question

the new terry A into C combo and all the combos in the game like this r  link or target combos ? im not talking about command normals so i was curious to know about the technical timing to do them if its like link or target combo

The timing for the d.A into d.C link is like any other timing (d.B, d.A), and it's rather easy as well.

and crossups (even if fixed in console version) r easy to do like in shitstreet fighter (be nice -Kane317) or harder like u need specific settings or situation to do them or all u just need is the right distance and u can do them whenever/wherever u want ? off course talking about crossups jump in and hops

The general hit box has been raised so most characters cannot hop over a standing opponent anymore in the console.  Crossup are still like any other KOF though, so you just have to time it and they are still very practical.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 15, 2011, 01:47:19 AM »
question

the new terry A into C combo and all the combos in the game like this r  link or target combos ? im not talking about command normals so i was curious to know about the technical timing to do them if its like link or target combo

and crossups (even if fixed in console version) r easy to do like in shit fighter or harder like u need specific settings or situation to do them or all u just need is the right distance and u can do them whenever/wherever u want ? off course talking about crossups jump in and hops

it's not a link, which is when you combo from one move to another move using the first moves frame adv that's a link., d.A to d.C cancels into itself.
" you fight well in the old style"

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #266 on: August 15, 2011, 03:54:53 AM »
From my playing, Terry's d. ;a , d. ;c and Mai's ;b , ;d are not links at all. The moves totally skip the start-up of the heavy hits when using them, and jump straight to the "DAMAGE!" portion of the attack. Much more like Target / Gattling / Rush attacks from other games.

People who hadn't played KoF at all before were stumbling onto these kinda combos without any prior knowledge; that leads me to believe that there's no difficult timing involved in the slightest, alongside my own experience.

They feel much like Chin and Andy's  ;b , ;d from XII (and now XIII), if you have that to reference.

AzureTAG

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 15, 2011, 04:06:10 AM »
I think SNK meant to make the fatal fury characters feel like....Fatal fury, (don't know why only Andy had a Target combo in XIII....) giving Mai and Terry these fatal fury-like target combos seem like a good idea.

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 15, 2011, 04:06:49 AM »
Is there a drum or piano technique to utilize moves like Joe and Ralf's Punch rapidly attacks?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 15, 2011, 09:10:07 AM »
Is there a drum or piano technique to utilize moves like Joe and Ralf's Punch rapidly attacks?

No, it's extremely easy, you'll get it on your first try.