Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Gameplay discussion (All shortcuts on 1st page)  (Read 259632 times)

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Systems/Technical/Gameplay discussion
« Reply #300 on: August 28, 2011, 03:55:57 PM »
ok thanks guys

yea i think it could be nice for leona and maybe for vice too

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #301 on: August 28, 2011, 04:15:35 PM »
Vice doesnt need delayed HD

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 28, 2011, 06:56:39 PM »

Well nobody really needs to as you can do it manually, but if you're rhythmically-challenged like myself, sometimes it helps doing the delayed HD because you're keeping all the hits in the same rhythm (d.B, s.A, BC as if the BC was another s.A).  I do it for Chin since he can't use any command attacks to activate his HD.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 12:53:48 AM by Kane317 »

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 29, 2011, 12:39:48 AM »
My friend is still waiting for his activation email. He's been waiting several days. Can a mod fix this?
Anyway he asked me to ask you guys this...
I need help reviewing the team i would like to play. i plan on using Duo/King/Shen in that order but i am in a predicament of the order if i should swap Duo and king around and how versatile the team is
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 29, 2011, 01:49:01 AM »
My friend is still waiting for his activation email. He's been waiting several days. Can a mod fix this?
I need help reviewing the team i would like to play. i plan on using Duo/King/Shen in that order but i am in a predicament of the order if i should swap Duo and king around and how versatile the team is

That's actually my current team lineup minus Shen. I would leave the order as is. Duo Lon works great meterless, so he can build up the meter that King would need. Shen is a monster as an anchor. I think it's a decent lineup, but aside from Shen, your damage potential isn't too great from this team. Duo gets damage off pokes and resets/mixups rather than long combos, and King needs meter to do much of anything. Shen is self sufficient for the most part, though. You do have a pressure, zoning, and all-around character, so your matchup versatility will be pretty flexible.

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #305 on: August 29, 2011, 02:22:50 AM »

Well nobody really needs to as you can do it manually, but if you're rhythmically-challenged like myself, sometimes it helps doing the delayed HD because you're keeping all the hits in the same rhythm (d.B, s.A, BC as if the BC was another s.A).  I do it for Chin since he can't use any command attacks to activate his HD.

Id say main benefit of delayed HD is for hit confirm, but also for your reason.

Plus, my answer was towards the previous poster....
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 12:53:27 AM by Kane317 »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 29, 2011, 03:05:13 AM »

PM me his email and I'll activate his account for you.

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #307 on: September 02, 2011, 07:31:10 AM »
Kof has a LOT of options selects (Just take a look at K' on arcade edition and you will shred in tears) but because of the mechanic of whose games where aren't too powerfull like in sf series.

Can you explain what the K' ones are?

Also, you say "kof has a LOT" do you mean older kof or just xiii? Please provide explanation for examples. And I don't mean "throw" setups. I mean ones similar to your maxima example.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 02, 2011, 07:52:18 AM »
Kof has a LOT of options selects (Just take a look at K' on arcade edition and you will shred in tears) but because of the mechanic of whose games where aren't too powerfull like in sf series.

Can you explain what the K' ones are?

Also, you say "kof has a LOT" do you mean older kof or just xiii? Please provide explanation for examples. And I don't mean "throw" setups. I mean ones similar to your maxima example.
For K' a friend of mine explains me those but i forget them, they are some running anti roll os to punish with an hd combo but i don't remember them.

Every kof i guess (i didn't play to all of them).
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #309 on: September 02, 2011, 08:18:21 AM »
For K' a friend of mine explains me those but i forget them, they are some running anti roll os to punish with an hd combo but i don't remember them.

Every kof i guess (i didn't play to all of them).

Can you find them out and report them because I would like to know, and that also goes for the older kofs too (the ones you did play)

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
MOVED: Overhead properties
« Reply #310 on: September 02, 2011, 08:26:09 PM »
do anybody kno if you can combo ;c ;fd ;b while the opponent is crouch blocking i notice that its a combo but if they block the first hit then they can block the overhead even if the opponent is crouching
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 02:20:14 AM by Kane317 »

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 02, 2011, 09:19:52 PM »
The general rule in KOF is "A command normal overhead (like Leona's  ;fd ;b) loses its overhead properties when canceled into."

Same thing happens with Ryo's  ;fd ;a, Kyo and Kim's  ;fd ;b, Iori's  ;df ;c, etc. etc.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 02:21:22 AM by Kane317 »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 02, 2011, 11:44:15 PM »
The general rule in KOF is "A command normal overhead (like Leona's  ;fd ;b) loses its overhead properties when canceled into."

Same thing happens with Ryo's  ;fd ;a, Kyo and Kim's  ;fd ;b, Iori's  ;df ;c, etc. etc.

There's only one loose exception (since it's not a command move, but it is an overhead) is Shen's qcb+A~qcf+A hammer.  It's the only overhead that retains it's property even in a combo. /OT
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 02:21:38 AM by Kane317 »

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 03, 2011, 12:55:42 AM »

There's only one loose exception (since it's not a command move, but it is an overhead) is Shen's qcb+A~qcf+A hammer.  It's the only overhead that retains it's property even in a combo. /OT
Yeah, special movies hardly ever have different properties like that.

But double-checking the mook, there ARE a few actual exceptions. Yuri's  ;fd ;b retains its overhead properties, as does Chin's ;df ;d. /also OT
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 02:21:54 AM by Kane317 »

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 03, 2011, 01:16:54 AM »
Related note, does XIII still have the late cancel trick (where if you cancel into a command move late, it acts like the uncanceled version)?  Sounds like it'd benefit Leona decently if it still works.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 02:22:15 AM by Kane317 »
Old man/bad player