Author Topic: Terry Bogard Wiki Submission Thread: Submit your ideas here!  (Read 19722 times)

Paul Howard

• New Challenger
  • Being on Jesus' Side, I already win.
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Bogard Wiki Submission Thread: Submit your ideas here!
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2013, 09:35:34 PM »
What about alternate inputs. An example would be with Rising Tackle. Instead of just  ;dn~ ;up+ ;a/ ;c you can input ;dn ;db ;bk ;ub ;up +  ;a/ ;c.

The reason I bring this up is because in one of his trials, you have to do a Rising Tackle to a Power Geyser and with the second inputs you can cheat to get the move out easier.

Expansion to that.
Just now was working that out and I found another cancel into Buster Wolf or EX take your pick.
If you input Rising tackle as  ;dn CHARGE  ;df ;fd ;uf ;up ;a/ ;c you can but QUICKLY ;dn ;df ;fd ;b/ ;d/ ;b + ;d
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 09:39:35 PM by Paul Howard »
XBL/Steam: capamerica137
Let's Go Falcons! #RiseUp #NFL

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2013, 02:00:19 AM »
Sup, folks. I'm currently trying to update Terry's "Frame Traps and Links" section with with more information. There is something I noticed about Terry's cr. A. I believe the start-up of that normal is not 4, but 5 frames on start-up.

While trying out frame traps after qcb+B (blocked by crouching opponent) with the cpu set to guard 1 - jump, I was able to catch the opponent on the forth frame of the jump start-up with st. A, cr. B, cl. C, and df+C, which are all have 4 frame start-ups.  I know this because  qcb+B (blocked by crouching opponent) is 0+ on block. However, cr. A only catches the opponent at the 5th frame, which is when they are in the air.

Maybe I was messing up the execution, so I tested out all of Terry's 4 frame start-up normals and cr. A against Andy's qcb+C, which is -4 on block. All the 4 frame start-up normals were able to punish Andy, but cr. A just could not get a hit. Now how did I come up with cr. A having 5 frames on start-up? Well, I tested it against Andy's hcf+D, which is -5 on block, and I was able to punish it.

If other people can test out Terry's cr. A against moves that are -4 on block and confirm rather it has 4 frames on start-up or not, please do.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2013, 06:47:54 AM »
Well, that's alarming. That means it's not the best punishing option to do cr.A into cr.C anymore.

Frofighter

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Riyadh FGC - Newly-established Youtube page for the FGC of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2014, 07:42:38 PM »
Wiki updated with Kim matchup! For those who haven't followed the discussions on the FB group for KOF13 players, I am gathering info from fellow Terry players to buff up our matchup section in order to have clearer knowledge on how to fight the cast. I feel Terry is heavily dependent on good matchup knowledge due to the simplicity of his core style, and needs an extra edge. Please let me know how it looks!
"NO PROBREM!" -Terry, KOF 2002/UM

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
  • Are You okay? BUSTA WOLF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2014, 04:38:11 PM »
Wiki updated with Kim matchup! For those who haven't followed the discussions on the FB group for KOF13 players, I am gathering info from fellow Terry players to buff up our matchup section in order to have clearer knowledge on how to fight the cast. I feel Terry is heavily dependent on good matchup knowledge due to the simplicity of his core style, and needs an extra edge. Please let me know how it looks!

Actually Terry's base game isn't easy. people mistake basic combos with basic game play and that needs to stop. He is to play hard to master. Lots of stuff goes Into properly playing Terry.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 08:20:07 AM by Crimson_King15 »

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2014, 04:53:24 PM »
I updated wiki in HD combo sections with the following combos.

In "2 Stocks" section:

(corner) cl. D, f+A, BC [HDA], cr. A, cr. C, qcf+A, [HDC] qcf(x2)+AC (3 hits), qcb+B, d~u+C. = 701 dmg

In "3 Stocks" section:

(corner) cr. B, cr. A, cr. C, BC [HDA], cr. C, qcf+A,[HDC] qcb hcf+A/C, [Max Cancel] qcf(x2)+AC (3 hits), qcb+A, qcb+B, d~u+C = 840 dmg

(corner) cl. D, f+A, BC [HDA], cr. A, cr. C, qcf+A,[HDC] qcb hcf+A/C, [Max Cancel] qcf(x2)+AC (3 hits), qcb+A, qcb+B, d~u+C = 882 dmg

Both combos are at the corner and both allow Terry's trinity geyser to do 3 hits every time. The key is cr. A, cr. C, qcf+A which pushes Terry back in the right position to pull his neomax with 3 hits.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 06:23:10 PM by Amedø310 »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2014, 05:44:44 AM »
Thanks for the additional combos, Amedo.