Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 389827 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition
« Reply #1395 on: June 22, 2012, 01:41:31 AM »
But the 98 team theme is already on the game

Waifu Material

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: June 22, 2012, 11:54:08 AM »

Yeah, but not exactly the same as this one.

the one which is in the game it's the version of KoF XI.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: June 22, 2012, 05:38:39 PM »
But the 98 team theme is already on the game

My bad.

Anyway, for some of KOF XIII okizeme games, what do people think of using moves that can match the frames of invinciblility on wake-up to attack near the very first vunerble frame or bait out opponent's reversal? For example, Ex-Iori gets a hard-knockdown from his rekka, then immediatly does qcb+A to match the invincible frames of wake-up. As soon as qcb+A's recovery frames end, Ex-Iori will have enough frame advantage to roll out the way, attack the first vunerable frame of the opponent's wake-up, or short-hop. There are a few risk involved though; Ex-Iori can be 1-frame grabbed from his roll, get countered by an invincible or fast auto-guard reversal if he attacks, or anti-aired if he jumps.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: June 22, 2012, 06:22:06 PM »

Yeah, but not exactly the same as this one.

the one which is in the game it's the version of KoF XI.

That's because the XI version is essentially the AST version of the 98 theme.  You're surprised they picked the more updated theme?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: June 22, 2012, 06:36:43 PM »
Call me old school, but I personally prefer the 96 version of Esaka?.  It's the original, classic version, any other new arrangements simply cannot match it.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: June 22, 2012, 07:08:45 PM »
Anyway, for some of KOF XIII okizeme games, what do people think of using moves that can match the frames of invinciblility on wake-up to attack near the very first vunerble frame or bait out opponent's reversal? For example, Ex-Iori gets a hard-knockdown from his rekka, then immediatly does qcb+A to match the invincible frames of wake-up. As soon as qcb+A's recovery frames end, Ex-Iori will have enough frame advantage to roll out the way, attack the first vunerable frame of the opponent's wake-up, or short-hop. There are a few risk involved though; Ex-Iori can be 1-frame grabbed from his roll, get countered by an invincible or fast auto-guard reversal if he attacks, or anti-aired if he jumps.

I'm gonna say too risky. Use other options unless you've mastered this. Lots of people will go for that 1-frame grab, whether they mean to or not. That's gives me enough pause; the rest just add to it. If I was in a nothing-to-lose situation, I might go for it.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: June 22, 2012, 07:55:05 PM »
my favorite version

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: June 22, 2012, 08:42:13 PM »

Here, all the ESAKA one could want...
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: June 22, 2012, 09:53:46 PM »

Goodbye Esaka > any other version of the song.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1404 on: June 22, 2012, 10:10:01 PM »

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All Of Kyo's Theme

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: June 22, 2012, 10:17:19 PM »

That's because the XI version is essentially the AST version of the 98 theme.  You're surprised they picked the more updated theme?

Nope I am not surprised but I'm saying that I like the older version better and I would hope they bring it back; they did include it in the preorder OST disc.

Goodbye Esaka > any other version of the song.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All Of Kyo's Theme

NO. Esaka? is better!!!!

Seriously to each his own but ESAKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!  :(

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: June 23, 2012, 12:43:33 AM »
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: June 23, 2012, 01:46:11 AM »
Fighting game tournament status updates I found while I was at Dustloop.

1) MBAA - On its last legs. If you live in SoCal or the tristate area you have good competition. Outside of that, there is nothing much outside of mediocre netplay and small patches of 5-6 people in random locations across the US. The game is also a pain to run at tournaments since it's PC.

2) BBCS:EX - On its last legs. Had some hype earlier this year with GODSGARDEN and Blue Revolution, but it's not at Tougeki this year. Tournament entries in the US are dwindling - last year's ECT had 50-60 entrants, this year we had just over 30. CEO had around 80 last year, this year I heard it had just over 30 as well. To put it in perspective, Season's Beatings BBCT had above 80 entrants, and in CS1, it scratched 90. BBCS2 was not a main event at the tournament. NEC BBCS1 had about 80 entrants, BBCS2 had just over 50.

3)KOF 13 - Hype game that people like, but its tournament entries seem to vary wildly. Removed from MLG due to lack of attendance. Honestly, I'm unsure about this game's future after EVO (like most anime games).

4) GG - A well respected game, but difficult to get into. This game is getting an update so maybe we'll see a change in the US scene...

5) Skullgirls - Very well received at release, but balance complaints have hurt entries. However, a patch is on the horizon, so that might help.

KOF XIII axed from future MLG tournaments because of decreasing attendance? Ouch. Sure is a bummer here.

EVO is on its way, but I do hope the game does get some more attention after the tournament's conclusion.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: June 23, 2012, 02:12:24 AM »
$50 attendance fee, starts on a Friday, and apparent fear of entering only to get bodied by SoCal's finest + Tokido seemed to have a bad affect on attendance for KOF at MLG.

BB, I'm not surprised, the scene never seemed to give its full support behind each game, and with the announcement of +R for GG...yeah.

Skullgirls, the 8 character thing has proven to be much more of a deterrent than people already expected.  Add to the fact that it's hard to want to get into it when the patch is changing a lot of things, and the fact that it dropped right in the heat of EVO season and well...yeah.  Should be better post-EVO though, one would hope.

Anyway, KOF should be better later with people finding more time to level up in it, BB is most likely done with +R and P4U coming out, and Skullgirls should get healthier later.  I avoid talking about MBAA because I know nothing about it.

Also, since it's apparently post KOF theme day...

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: June 23, 2012, 05:16:07 AM »
There's several things that contributed to MLG pulling out KoF from it's main fighting game line up.

This doesn't mean the KoF community as a whole doesn't support this game and I think the numbers for Evo should prove that. We'll see how many of the competitors at Evo are pot monsters wanting t-shirts but I hope a good majority of them are legit competitors given the international presence.

KoF is on the steady rise and will remain the top 3 main FG's in NA and I think the fact that it's not under going any drastic patches is helping out; however, I don't think we'll ever see KoF over take SF4 or MvC3 in North America. I'm not going to say whether this is unfortunate or not as everyone is entitled to play the game they like.