Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386548 times)

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: MLG Status edition
« Reply #180 on: March 16, 2012, 04:04:31 AM »
^^ I've played 98 and while it's very solid, but it's pretty unbalanced. I don't think people want to go back to dealing with Iori and Daimon, or Krauser if you pick UM. Also none of us have UMFE so we can't comment on that one.

off topic but  dont open a coffee shop unless you want to constantly be shooing out hipster kids.

I don't mind them, because some are gamers around here and the most obnoxious will go to the more prestigious places anyway. I've basically already worked most of the target marketing out of the way. It's the cost analysis that's a real pain.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 16, 2012, 04:05:29 AM »
That damn UMFE...why must you elude us?!  I shall hunt you down and bring you into the light!
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 16, 2012, 04:09:04 AM »
I'm quite pissed that didn't even release it as a free or paid DLC for 98UM on XBLA. That's a load of crap, because from match vids, just about everyone is viable.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 16, 2012, 04:09:36 AM »
^^ I've played 98 and while it's very solid, but it's pretty unbalanced. I don't think people want to go back to dealing with Iori and Daimon, or Krauser if you pick UM. Also none of us have UMFE so we can't comment on that one.

off topic but  dont open a coffee shop unless you want to constantly be shooing out hipster kids.

I don't mind them, because some are gamers around here and the most obnoxious will go to the more prestigious places anyway. I've basically already worked most of the target marketing out of the way. It's the cost analysis that's a real pain.
well alright then just be sure to give it a awesome name

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 16, 2012, 04:12:47 AM »
My partner wants to call it Wired, but I'm not convinced and my original name Dominion was already taken. So, it's back to the drawing board for me. :'(

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 16, 2012, 04:19:22 AM »
My partner wants to call it Wired, but I'm not convinced and my original name Dominion was already taken. So, it's back to the drawing board for me. :'(
proto's house  of games,movies and pancakes. it's brilliant

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #186 on: March 16, 2012, 04:26:16 AM »
You should call it Game Over Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 16, 2012, 04:28:17 AM »
call it the quick stop and find some employees named dante and randal

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 16, 2012, 05:22:31 AM »
Morton's Salt Factory :V

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 16, 2012, 05:43:49 AM »
Maybe, just maybe 13 feels easier because it doesn't have the stiff controls of 98 and 02? That was the big thing preventing me from getting into those games, just doing a basic fireball required perfect execution.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 16, 2012, 06:06:35 AM »
It's not just that, I'll say that much.

Hell just compare Max Mode from 02 to HD Mode in this game.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

fujifujifujifuji

• New Challenger
  • Kiru!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 16, 2012, 07:38:57 AM »
It's always difficult to get people to play something they don't want to, and it gets worse if you push it too hard. If people originally do not care for KOF, usually the harder you push it the more obstinate they become. Especially true if they already had a fighting game in mind (MVC, Tekken, VF and whatnot). One of the chief complaint would be that "I don't know how to play that game" or "This game suck ass, my game is better". I thought it's best NOT to contradict them on this.

Although, people will play something new if there are alot of other NEW people playing as well. So it wouldn't alienate them from the crowd, humans being social creatures and so forth...because usually people skip KOF because they're unsure whether it is worth their time. "Should I try this new KOF thing? I'm a noob and will get my ass trashed or should I just stick to SF4, which I am at least moderately awesome?" People likes to win after all.

My advice?...start small and non-threatening, and let them win most of the time.
Dude, Relax!

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 16, 2012, 11:05:35 AM »
What's funny is that most people would get scared of their favorite series (with the exception of DOA4) if they saw it played like it's supposed to. Especially when it comes to Tekken and MK9.

People are stupid and lazy. Case closed.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 16, 2012, 03:18:38 PM »
I should've been more specific.  I didn't mean why aren't more people bitching in general, yeah, that's obvious, KOFXIII is pretty much the first KOF to get true mainstream attention in the states.

I meant, why aren't more people bitching on here?  I know most people here have at least played 98 once.  Logically, it makes no sense why more people aren't shitting on the game being inferior to 98, especially since 98 is widely playable on GGPO with a better netcode.

In all honesty because KOF XIII still felt like it catered to the hardcore fan, It's true there are things in it that helps out the newer players compete with veterans, but you get the feeling at it's core, it's still for the hardcore audience.

SFIV was made to get the mainstream back. It was so dumbed down that old school players who liked the Alpha series and SFIII series felt alienated with how simplified it was. Hence the hatred.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 16, 2012, 04:42:47 PM »
I should've been more specific.  I didn't mean why aren't more people bitching in general, yeah, that's obvious, KOFXIII is pretty much the first KOF to get true mainstream attention in the states.

I meant, why aren't more people bitching on here?  I know most people here have at least played 98 once.  Logically, it makes no sense why more people aren't shitting on the game being inferior to 98, especially since 98 is widely playable on GGPO with a better netcode.

In all honesty because KOF XIII still felt like it catered to the hardcore fan, It's true there are things in it that helps out the newer players compete with veterans, but you get the feeling at it's core, it's still for the hardcore audience.

SFIV was made to get the mainstream back. It was so dumbed down that old school players who liked the Alpha series and SFIII series felt alienated with how simplified it was. Hence the hatred.

I totally agree with you here and more over I don't think there is a chance that a noob could win against a veteran in KoF XIII. While in SSFIV a noob could cause problems with his randomness and spam. I think SNK had to make it more friendly in order to get more fanbase, heck it's easier than it's predecessors and still people are not willing to learn it; they are complaining that it's hard.

Leaving the worst behind especially the netcode KoF XIII is the best fighting game of this generation and btw GGPO is not that good.  I cant play with people from around the world with it (that means I cant play against anyone here in DC) unlike BB's netcode which is a blessing. Still GGPO is better than KoF XIII current netcode.