Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 389480 times)

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: MLG Status edition
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2012, 06:58:13 PM »
We need Shion, can't have card games without Trap Cards.

Oh you.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2012, 07:36:31 PM »
Yeah yeah, oh me.  So what becomes the Blue-Eyes White Dragon?

And I got my Eightarc Stick finally, I'm so happy.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2012, 08:56:02 PM »
"Attention, fighters: my hair is super excited for an appearance in a children's card game!"

fujifujifujifuji

• New Challenger
  • Kiru!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2012, 06:40:52 AM »
SNKP making card games again? heh, pretty nice. Looks like Ogura still did the art.

I think I realised now just what is the purpose of SNK's social gaming division, they wanted to be the early adopter of new and promising technology. Yeah, the way I figure it SNKP is always playing catch-up to Capcom. So now, they're pushing the initiative...they decided to expand to this new platform early, heck I haven't heard of GREE (glee?) until this very moment. Here wishing them luck ^^

Oh, Gree is in partnership with Tencent in China...that would give them a userbase that is BIBLICAL in proportion. Honestly man, 600 mil users? (give or take a few hundred mil) and to my knowledge Tencent ain't no social networking. They made a bunch of those f2p browser and mmo games. Jeezus, now that is raw economical steam-roller. Last time I checked, Facebook got 500 mil active users, which are probably all over the world, while Tencent is china-only.
Dude, Relax!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2012, 12:10:36 AM »
Funny story about tencent, this week was released a beta for their china only ''king of fighters rip off'' where guys like xiao hai and dakou helped with the development

This game has some ''security questions'' to avoid problems in case of your lost your password or something like that

The Questions? Are all related about KOF 97

So yeah, maybe SNKP should see some money with some deal with Tencent, I mean, their game is a complete rip off or tribute of kof no matter how you see it

Waifu Material

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2012, 01:33:40 AM »
A card game's cool and all, but on a cellphone? Ain't seeing that shit here unless it's on the iOS.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2012, 02:59:40 AM »
Funny story about tencent, this week was released a beta for their china only ''king of fighters rip off'' where guys like xiao hai and dakou helped with the development

This game has some ''security questions'' to avoid problems in case of your lost your password or something like that

The Questions? Are all related about KOF 97

So yeah, maybe SNKP should see some money with some deal with Tencent, I mean, their game is a complete rip off or tribute of kof no matter how you see it

Doesn't look bad. The CG sprites remind me a bit of Rumble Fish. If SNKP were smart they'd embrace the PC market.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2012, 04:03:45 AM »
Actually, is an interesting idea since this game panders more for the crowd than thinks that ''real kofs were 98 and maybe 2002, xiii sucks'' which is really big actually, I will say that XIII is popular because not only caught the attention of some but not all KOF fans, but also was interesting to lots of newer players of kof

Waifu Material

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 14, 2012, 07:53:13 AM »
What can you do? You'll probably never get that crowd back, even if XIII is as solid a KOF as you can get. They're just too stubborn and they also don't like paying for things.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2012, 07:56:25 AM »
What can you do? You'll probably never get that crowd back, even if XIII is as solid a KOF as you can get. They're just too stubborn and they also don't like paying for things.

Well XIII is different enough from 98 to where I can understand the divide.  98 players can't stand the idea of dominating a round, then getting an HD combo to the face costing them the round.  They feel like they earned the round for the good decisions, spacing and poking they made previously and should never be made to have to feel that quick of a turnaround, and they feel that everyone's just looking for the big combo rather than try to earn every single poke and hit.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2012, 08:56:22 AM »
I mean, I'm not a big fan of HD combos myself either because the comeback factor is too stupid good, but it was just as bad in 2k2 and 2k2UM. And I'm not too hot on EXs either, but to be asking for a game to be a specifically like another is a crapshoot. You're never going to please everyone. As long as it's solid, I'll play it.

Hell, I would love for a return of the tag mechanics in XI, but I know that probably isn't going to come back any time soon.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2012, 09:03:57 AM »
I mean, I'm not a big fan of HD combos myself either because the comeback factor is too stupid good, but it was just as bad in 2k2 and 2k2UM. And I'm not too hot on EXs either, but to be asking for a game to be a specifically like another is a crapshoot. You're never going to please everyone. As long as it's solid, I'll play it.

Hell, I would love for a return of the tag mechanics in XI, but I know that probably isn't going to come back any time soon.

Probably not with UMvC3, SFxT, TTT2, and other tag based games out there. It'd be a saturation of a fighting game type and generally would be difficult to be unique. However, that's probably a catch-22. SNKP might think that these games are the new "it" and revert back to tag-type games.

I like XIII. I've barely scratched the surface of HD mode with any of my characters, but I feel like I'm breaking that habit of using EX DC combos into something bigger. I feel it's not necessary for competitive play, but it's a very big bonus if you know a good 80-90% HD combo for 2-3 meter. Some characters don't really need it or it's unlikely they'll even get HD mode. Like Maxima for example. Maxima does over 100% HD combos off of like 6 hits and 4 bar. 95% for 3 bars. That being said, hit confirming into it is terrible since his moves are so slow and guardpoint messes up timing. Not only that, he has nothing to do in HD mode that's worth activating aside from random neomax. He has no real special to special cancels. It's mostly super cancels.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2012, 09:04:27 AM »
Meh, I don't get the annoyance towards EXs, when you think about XIII in context with older KOF games, you start to understand why they're there.

Though honestly...yeah I wish they kind of got rid of HD mode altogether, though kept the Drive Cancel system and then balanced around that.  I think that would be an even better game, though things like Neomaxes would have to be reworked to become actually useful again.

fujifujifujifuji

• New Challenger
  • Kiru!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2012, 11:03:54 AM »
Let's see how feasible it is to make a KOF game that pleases EVERY KOF fans. Alright, remove HD and keep Drive and Ex moves, make neomax available as well as HSDM, then put XI tag mechanism back. Let's see that's: A power bar, a drive bar, a skill bar, (incidentally) striker bars for 2000 fans. Plus some people actually liked kof 2001 4-characters style, so we included that in too, since if you play with only one character you can get extra power bars, we put in a whole new Maxcancel (TAGHIDDENDREAMMAX CANCEL!!) to make the bars worthwhile. AND as an afterthought, put HD back in there to please 2002 fans. Hell we can put plane-shifting and fake-out move and breakable move like in garou.

Wow....perhaps we can make a KOF game with two selectable modes again, like advanced or extra but with wildly different features. One mode has fakeouts, breakmove, and ex as well as tag-system and HSDM, the other has HD, drive cancels, neomax and strikers.

My mind is blown...too much awesome.
Dude, Relax!

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2012, 03:23:21 PM »
Meh, I don't get the annoyance towards EXs, when you think about XIII in context with older KOF games, you start to understand why they're there.

Though honestly...yeah I wish they kind of got rid of HD mode altogether, though kept the Drive Cancel system and then balanced around that.  I think that would be an even better game, though things like Neomaxes would have to be reworked to become actually useful again.

I dont quite agree with you here on the matter of the HD mode. For me the HD mode is challenging and rewarding; it's hard to find something like that in a fighting game these days, unless youll call the X factor of MvC 3 challenging or the ultra of SSFIV :P.

Let's see how feasible it is to make a KOF game that pleases EVERY KOF fans. Alright, remove HD and keep Drive and Ex moves, make neomax available as well as HSDM, then put XI tag mechanism back. Let's see that's: A power bar, a drive bar, a skill bar, (incidentally) striker bars for 2000 fans. Plus some people actually liked kof 2001 4-characters style, so we included that in too, since if you play with only one character you can get extra power bars, we put in a whole new Maxcancel (TAGHIDDENDREAMMAX CANCEL!!) to make the bars worthwhile. AND as an afterthought, put HD back in there to please 2002 fans. Hell we can put plane-shifting and fake-out move and breakable move like in garou.

Wow....perhaps we can make a KOF game with two selectable modes again, like advanced or extra but with wildly different features. One mode has fakeouts, breakmove, and ex as well as tag-system and HSDM, the other has HD, drive cancels, neomax and strikers.

My mind is blown...too much awesome.

Yeah it would be really fun but I think it'll be hard to balance.

I like KoF XIII how it is now I see it quite perfect they could add more content for the next installment and they have to fix the netcode thats the worst thing about it. For me the netcode unfortunately is unplayable.