Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386347 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: MLG Status edition
« Reply #255 on: March 21, 2012, 01:06:57 PM »
They start talking about XIII at 29:00. You'll see today's DC front page @43:30.

If you listen to the whole vid, you'll hear KOF music throughout from XIII to XI.

Nice, I heard the whole segment.  Now I know I'm biased, but when you have UltraDave and JamesChen talking about our game, our websites, our Atlus tutorials--you know it's going to get some attention.  They are hands down the most universally respected figures in the FCC. 

Good stuff.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 21, 2012, 06:27:59 PM »
I do really appreciate them talking about mutual respect amongst different communities. I do get tired of people calling games like KOF, BB, GG, and AH as "anime games" or as SFIV and Marvel 3 as "scrub games".

Think that was incredibly important, because if we want people coming into our community, being bitter about how popular their game is and showing no respect for their talent and scene, isn't helping.

I think some people here have easily forgotten that SFIV helped revive the FGC.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:50:22 PM by Proto Cloud »

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 21, 2012, 06:49:01 PM »
godsgarden
http://godsgarden.jp/info/2502/

Damn, this is so hype.  I will actually be in Tokyo that weekend, I might make a trip to Osaka to attent this.  Anyone here want to go?  It would be great to meet up other members in my first tourney in Japan!

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 21, 2012, 07:28:21 PM »
godsgarden
http://godsgarden.jp/info/2502/

Damn, this is so hype.  I will actually be in Tokyo that weekend, I might make a trip to Osaka to attent this.  Anyone here want to go?  It would be great to meet up other members in my first tourney in Japan!

If only it was summer, I'd have the opportunity to go. I'd definitely would want to go and meet up with other members of the community. If you can go, hope you can have enough fun for me and you.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 22, 2012, 03:12:10 AM »
Guys if you are interested, there is a talk show going on with mainly MK9 players but it also has Justin Wong guest starting. ---> http://www.twitch.tv/afterdarkgaming

And if anyone cares, he just mentioned that out of all the games this generation, he considers KOF13 to be the best fighting game.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 22, 2012, 04:32:50 AM »
Guys if you are interested, there is a talk show going on with mainly MK9 players but it also has Justin Wong guest starting. ---> http://www.twitch.tv/afterdarkgaming

And if anyone cares, he just mentioned that out of all the games this generation, he considers KOF13 to be the best fighting game.
now i have to say that it confuses me how people are always saying XIII is one of the best fightans this gen yet the people who say that dont play it

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 22, 2012, 05:09:26 AM »
Justin seems to be playing it more these days

Waifu Material

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 22, 2012, 05:35:18 AM »
so ive heard im just hoping he can convince some people how good it is since his name is worth more than its weight in gold in the fgc

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 22, 2012, 08:04:45 AM »
A few things. First, as big a debate as their has been and maybe always will be for SF4 FGC resurgence talk, you can talk about it here now.

Second, some more big news (no source now though), Alex Valle has picked up KOFXIII for their main events on Thursdays, as he wants the game to get more recognition.

And third, a question for a lot of you that attend the offline meetings: What kind of characters are you used to seeing or playing? Is it always your mains, shoto-compatible characters, or are you ever surprised with who people might pick sometimes?
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

-Azula-

• New Challenger
  • The Divine Right to Rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 22, 2012, 09:08:53 AM »
so ive heard im just hoping he can convince some people how good it is since his name is worth more than its weight in gold in the fgc

I think everyone is already convinced that this game is great. It's more about teaching people that you don't need to be freakin Flashmetriod level execution to play, and that this game rewards any and every type of skill/play style. The more people figure that out, the more they'll play.

A few things. First, as big a debate as their has been and maybe always will be for SF4 FGC resurgence talk, you can talk about it here now.

Second, some more big news (no source now though), Alex Valle has picked up KOFXIII for their main events on Thursdays, as he wants the game to get more recognition.

And third, a question for a lot of you that attend the offline meetings: What kind of characters are you used to seeing or playing? Is it always your mains, shoto-compatible characters, or are you ever surprised with who people might pick sometimes?

Nice. I'll be tuned in every Thursday as long as I'm not out playing locally. As for character choices: In Minnesota, so far I'm seeing a lot shoto-compatible characters. For the most part it's Kyo. Everyone plays fire ball Kyo lol. I'd rate my most common seen characters something like: 1.)Fire Ball Kyo, 2.)Kula, 3.)Bennimaru, 4.)K'.

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 22, 2012, 03:21:58 PM »
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 03:23:48 PM by PureYeti »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 22, 2012, 05:22:47 PM »
That reminds me, is Valle at least moonlighting in XIII? 
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 22, 2012, 05:30:35 PM »
Think that was incredibly important, because if we want people coming into our community, being bitter about how popular their game is and showing no respect for their talent and scene, isn't helping.

This is very true.  I certainly went about it the wrong way when trying to convince MK9 players to try KOF.  I lost a lot of respect for MK9 as a game and it sort of bled into my respect of its players.  I disparaged their love while trying to sell them KOF and I think it made them resentful (duh!).  I got a few of them to buy the game but they never play it.  Oh well, live and learn.

Listened to the Orochinagi podcast with Juicebox and The Answer, really good stuff in there.  They echo my feeling that fighting games (and all games in general) are being dumbed down to appeal to the broadest possible audience.  I saw this happen to FPS games and now it's happening to fighting games.  It's cool that the genre is getting more attention, but I hope it doesn't set a precedent or influence SNKP to make Baby's First KOF.  Like they said in the cast, there's a mental reward aspect to KOF that some other fighting games don't always reach, or rather they plateau much sooner, if that makes any sense.  I don't want that aspect of KOF to change any time soon.

Great, great news about Thursday Night Fights!  Can't wait to see the reception.
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile