Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386217 times)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: MLG Status edition
« Reply #285 on: March 23, 2012, 03:17:32 PM »
I must've missed some key streams then because I don't remember any particular Kim domination that would cause such a migration.

And...well, half of them.  The other half...no comment.

Reynald has been using him as anchor, did really well with him at Final Round XV.

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 23, 2012, 03:43:00 PM »
The true answer is...

Kim is damn sexy.
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

SaberX

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 23, 2012, 06:03:29 PM »
I've always liked Kim in this game, he's super stylish. and his neo max is the coolest one in the game.

I think it was watching Madkof's videos that made me see how strong the character is.  He's like a 4th main for me now, behind Ash, Andy and Mai.

I haven't played online in a few weeks because of sf X tekken . So I haven't seen all these Kim uses yet.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 06:11:23 PM by SaberX »

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 23, 2012, 07:15:14 PM »

Kim is one of my favorites too, if you utilize his mind gaming he will be a hard foe to go against especially in the corner. Is he really good as an anchor? well Reynald is one of the best out there I cant really dispute that I just want your thoughts. One of my friends uses him first and I would say he is useful.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 23, 2012, 07:48:22 PM »
MadKof uses Kim second, he works great in any position really. I use him on point often.

So glad SNK completely refreshed his gameplay, best Kim yet imo.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 23, 2012, 08:07:25 PM »
So glad SNK completely refreshed his gameplay, best Kim yet imo.

Yeah for me he's really good as I said one of my favorites but I've been told they took out some of his moves and DM's. For me this is really understandable because it's the first good KoF to come out in years it would be lacking in content if it's lacking really; I don't know.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 23, 2012, 08:13:12 PM »
Yeah for me he's really good as I said one of my favorites but I've been told they took out some of his moves and DM's. For me this is really understandable because it's the first good KoF to come out in years it would be lacking in content if it's lacking really; I don't know.

Nope, Kim is not incomplete. He is very much polished, they just changed his overall style of combos and arsenal. He has both his standard DMs intact (hcb qcf+K and qcf qcf+K).

Some ppl are just butt hurt that he generally has unsafe on block specials which is irrelevant since he has excellent normals, easy hit-confirms and can turn just about any situation into a combo oppurtunity.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 08:23:17 PM by Diavle »

fujifujifujifuji

• New Challenger
  • Kiru!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 23, 2012, 09:18:41 PM »
I've been reading up on the tutorial comments, and it seems that I was misunderstood. All I'm saying is that I believed people can easily come with their own bnbs, heck, that's what we do for a decade since the inception of fighting games right? So I'm sure tutorials not covering bnbs would be just fine.

I say this from experience because if it weren't for the fact that Tekken gave me some basics to start up, I wouldn't have appreciated the game at all
Maybe we came to a different conclusion since we have different views...I'm kinda an old school player...I hardly ever used tutorials, nor the combos they offered. But I appreciate many games because they are fun, that's enough for me. I had fun when I lost, even when I'm spazzing like a dumb-ass...then I started learning why I lost, and learn subtle things that the tutorials sometimes do not cover. If I used tutorials, and then win I kinda feel hollow...since you know...it's not my own effort. But this is just me okay?

All I'm saying is, the fighting game genre is just fine the way it is. But since one cannot stop progress, then I guess we should add bnb's to tutorials as you wished, although in my opinion we kinda set the bar even lower. But I believed you are more qualified to comment on this than me...you understand the mindset of current gamers more (you told me so right?), so I defer to your judgement.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 09:27:28 PM by fujifujifujifuji »
Dude, Relax!

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 23, 2012, 11:05:30 PM »

Nope, Kim is not incomplete. He is very much polished, they just changed his overall style of combos and arsenal. He has both his standard DMs intact (hcb qcf+K and qcf qcf+K).

Some ppl are just butt hurt that he generally has unsafe on block specials which is irrelevant since he has excellent normals, easy hit-confirms and can turn just about any situation into a combo oppurtunity.

Thanks for shedding some light on it because this is the first Kim for me and I see him just fine and your probably right.

I've been reading up on the tutorial comments, and it seems that I was misunderstood. All I'm saying is that I believed people can easily come with their own bnbs, heck, that's what we do for a decade since the inception of fighting games right? So I'm sure tutorials not covering bnbs would be just fine.

I say this from experience because if it weren't for the fact that Tekken gave me some basics to start up, I wouldn't have appreciated the game at all
Maybe we came to a different conclusion since we have different views...I'm kinda an old school player...I hardly ever used tutorials, nor the combos they offered. But I appreciate many games because they are fun, that's enough for me. I had fun when I lost, even when I'm spazzing like a dumb-ass...then I started learning why I lost, and learn subtle things that the tutorials sometimes do not cover. If I used tutorials, and then win I kinda feel hollow...since you know...it's not my own effort. But this is just me okay?

All I'm saying is, the fighting game genre is just fine the way it is. But since one cannot stop progress, then I guess we should add bnb's to tutorials as you wished, although in my opinion we kinda set the bar even lower. But I believed you are more qualified to comment on this than me...you understand the mindset of current gamers more (you told me so right?), so I defer to your judgement.

I agree with you here totally but the people these days want the game to be easier to pick up, so they want more stuff in the tutorials. If you want the community to grow companies should do what the people want in order to get more people. The old days are gone and the mindset of people changed we'll have to accept that.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 24, 2012, 03:56:34 AM »

But the thing is that I'm also old-school and grew up on SFII, Samurai Shodown and Tekken like everyone else. I totally understand where you're coming from. I feel the same, but if we want to have a game like KOF grow it needs to evolve with the times. BUT! It doesn't need to necessarily dumb itself down. Making a KOFXIV with what I'm asking for, it'll be a bigger success that can easily cater to everyone's tastes. It can appeal on both a casual level and on an experienced level.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 24, 2012, 04:17:48 AM »

But the thing is that I'm also old-school and grew up on SFII, Samurai Shodown and Tekken like everyone else. I totally understand where you're coming from. I feel the same, but if we want to have a game like KOF grow it needs to evolve with the times. BUT! It doesn't need to necessarily dumb itself down. Making a KOFXIV with what I'm asking for, it'll be a bigger success that can easily cater to everyone's tastes. It can appeal on both a casual level and on an experienced level.

Your right, it's hard for me to accept this but at some point it has to happen. Hopefully they wont dumb their games. Basically thats what I tried to say in my previous reply.

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 24, 2012, 04:25:26 AM »
Anyone have the MLG KOF XIII brackets?
And list of participants?

KoF 4 EVA

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 24, 2012, 04:35:44 AM »
Anyone have the MLG KOF XIII brackets?
And list of participants?

It's live now.

They gave a shoutout to DC WOOOW! YEAH!  ;)

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 24, 2012, 05:17:31 AM »
Yeah, they had some of the best matches of KOF I've seen yet. Also lots of liberal use of NeoMaxes.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #299 on: March 24, 2012, 05:27:09 AM »
Alot of dropped combo's too, BALA pulled out alot of slick victories despite making alot of mistakes.

That "interview" they did with him after that one match seemed kinda lame to me tho, they ask him 1 question and they just say "Why you playing so sloppy?" Obviously he's nervious, this being his first MLG event, anybody would be nervious. Justin Wong got rocked pretty hard.

Romance seems to be pretty on top of his game, also seeing alot of DLC character love from Mr.KOF and Reynald. Some of the Mr.Karate and EX Kyo stuff that went down was pretty tight.