Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386251 times)

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: MLG Status edition
« Reply #420 on: April 04, 2012, 09:31:14 PM »
So, basically what you're telling me is that they're being paid off to do this? Honestly, it doesn't surprise me. I mean they did run Fist of the North Star and Sengoku Basara X and they were both broken beyond belief before. But, you know, ASW money.

Honestly, you'd think they'd put a game that wasn't UMvC3, because that's not exactly Japanese.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 04, 2012, 09:34:18 PM »
So, basically what you're telling me is that they're being paid off to do this? Honestly, it doesn't surprise me. I mean they did run Fist of the North Star and Sengoku Basara X and they were both broken beyond belief before. But, you know, ASW money.

Honestly, you'd think they'd put a game that wasn't UMvC3, because that's not exactly Japanese.

I don't know if they're being paid off, I doubt it though since SFxT would be the most likely candidate to get in if that were the case considering how hard Capcom is pushing it, and it didn't.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 04, 2012, 09:37:36 PM »
SBO has questionable integrity, that's for sure.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 04, 2012, 09:38:53 PM »
That's being too nice.  After the crap they pulled last year, I hope it burns to the ground.  Thankfully they said this might be their last  year so we may be spared from the nightmare.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 04, 2012, 09:41:51 PM »
Wasn't SFxT too late to be in the tournament anyway?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 04, 2012, 09:46:41 PM »

Maybe, but again, SBO didn't allow console only games before and look how that turned out.  I'm just saying, if Capcom paid them off, why do Marvel over SFxT?

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 04, 2012, 09:50:24 PM »
I don't quite get SBO either, but it's their tournament. We just aren't obligated to watch it or care.

True but I was hoping for a Japanese audience for KoF XIII; I dont know whats wrong with those people, I think they have gone mad. I do think they got paid off or how the hell did UMvC3 get in SBO, unless they got people their who play which I doubt it really. As Saitsu said I hope they burn to the ground.

the earthquake made everybody crazy

Yeah, it tends to do that to people :P.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 04, 2012, 10:01:09 PM »
Maybe, but again, SBO didn't allow console only games before and look how that turned out.  I'm just saying, if Capcom paid them off, why do Marvel over SFxT?

I could understand them changing their policies over consoles, because of how consoles are seemingly taking over, it was only inevitable.

I could only guess that because KOFXIII is bounced between the console version and Climax. So I guess that's their excuse.

Regardless, I was also upset over last year's debacle, I ain't watching and they can go to hell.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 05, 2012, 12:04:46 AM »
off topic a bit but im sure everyone knows xbox is having a half of sale on most of the SNK games right?

fujifujifujifuji

• New Challenger
  • Kiru!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 05, 2012, 01:33:21 AM »
Fist of the North Star
broken beyond belief

Oh man....

I know it's Hokuto No Ken and all (and thus by nature, is unbalanced)....but come on ASW, am I supposed to let you get away with that? I know balance isn't as high in your agenda as zany character designs but come now, GET SERIOUS!

And don't bother trying to understand the Japanese...they're incredibly complex, look no further than SNKP itself. As for the rest of the world, most may be sheeps simply guided by the profit motive and social trends...but at least they're predictable, and when you did something they don't like, they let you know about it. No offense, but from my first-hand experience as an analyst of an export company, the Japanese are one of the most difficult people to do business with. As for SBO? the reason for whatever happened there is purely behind closed-doors, it's all very mysterious and stuff.
Dude, Relax!

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 05, 2012, 03:09:53 AM »

Maybe, but again, SBO didn't allow console only games before and look how that turned out.  I'm just saying, if Capcom paid them off, why do Marvel over SFxT?

2 Illogical but possible reasons come to mind. First, Kurosu's domination at Final Round with UMVC3 may have sparked something. Second, can't tell exactly how SFxT is doing over here, but considering how one of Capcom's biggest fighting hometowns (US) is treating SFxT, may be safe to say the Japanese feel the same way. As many fighters as they play over here in variety, why pick the flavor of the month when it ain't that sweet?

Maybe their trying to get more attenion to keep it alive, but honestly, if it's really likely for this to be their last year, unless their totally anti-KOF, why not go out in-style?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 03:17:44 AM by solidshark »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 05, 2012, 03:54:42 AM »
umvc 3 sold way more than KOF XIII in japan if that works as a parameter, don't treat that game as something that only 2 otakus play like mvc2

Don't know about SCV 5, but I will not be impressed if sold more than at least xiii

Waifu Material

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 05, 2012, 03:57:36 AM »
I'm not treating it as that.  I just would like the reasoning from the horse's mouth as to why KOFXIII was passed over by two console games and Aquapazza?

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 05, 2012, 04:07:18 AM »
umvc 3 sold way more than KOF XIII in japan if that works as a parameter, don't treat that game as something that only 2 otakus play like mvc2

Genuinely surprised at that. Part of me is strangely glad they like Marvel too.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 04:09:19 AM by solidshark »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 05, 2012, 04:18:11 AM »
I'm not treating it as that.  I just would like the reasoning from the horse's mouth as to why KOFXIII was passed over by two console games and Aquapazza?

Well, Aquapazza it seems like did well on the arcades

And about the console games, if you think about KOF XIII it is a console game too, unless people really want to see the raiden and K' fest again

Waifu Material