Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386282 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: MLG Status edition
« Reply #465 on: April 07, 2012, 06:45:19 PM »
True, but if they honestly complain about why their isn't as big as other games like SF or Tekken, they have only themselves to blame on the other hand.
  That's fair enough, but it's whatever.  If you try to push a game too hard because it's "good for the community" you actually may do more damage to the game than good.  See: Skullgirls.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 07, 2012, 06:47:41 PM »
Hate to break it to you, but SNK doesn't really have money be doing international marketing anymore. If you're outside of Japan, then, sorry.

I am sad to see that some of the OG players are sticking to their guns with either 2k2 or 98. I know I have some reservations about XIII, but that's no reason not to support the game and push the community forward. Some people need to stop living in the past.
SNK and Arcadia held China national kof2002um tournament in 2009.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 07, 2012, 06:49:15 PM »
True, but if they honestly complain about why their isn't as big as other games like SF or Tekken, they have only themselves to blame on the other hand.
  That's fair enough, but it's whatever.  If you try to push a game too hard because it's "good for the community" you actually may do more damage to the game than good.  See: Skullgirls.
some elaboration is needed (haven't kept up with skullgirls or it's community)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 07, 2012, 06:59:13 PM »
If I hear one more person praising Skullgirls as the Savior of the FGC, or the true evolution of Marvel, I might kill someone.  The thing is, I will hear it, at least 5 different times today at the least.  The way they're pushing it is making people despise the game, not the other way around.  No one likes to hear something being touted as the Messiah all day long.

While KOFXIII isn't on that level, the way people talk about it is starting to annoy.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 07, 2012, 07:05:01 PM »
If I hear one more person praising Skullgirls as the Savior of the FGC, or the true evolution of Marvel, I might kill someone.  The thing is, I will hear it, at least 5 different times today at the least.  The way they're pushing it is making people despise the game, not the other way around.  No one likes to hear something being touted as the Messiah all day long.

While KOFXIII isn't on that level, the way people talk about it is starting to annoy.
ok now ive never heard that before im guessin only rabid fanbois or trolls are saying that

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 07, 2012, 07:05:52 PM »
Yeah...not really.  It's more than just rabid fanboys and trolls, I'll tell you that much.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 07, 2012, 07:12:02 PM »
http://keykakko.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/041.jpg

It's weird since Mexico doesn't appear, I don't know if there nobody plays online, everybody has 360 or playing 2002 or this map isn't accurate

Where'd this information come from?  It seems odd given that (supposedly) Japan's KOF sales were poor while NA's KOF sales were much, much higher.

This thread is starting to look like the Orochinagi forums with the unwarranted doom and gloom.  Is KOF more popular than ever before in NA?  Yes.  Is it being watched by tens of thousands of spectators on streams?  Yes.  Is it going to EVO this year?  Yes.  So why the despair?  Really, it's silly.

It's actually not weird considering than in japan the netcode actually works, unlike in the states where almost nobody uses it, is not so much of how many had bought the game, but more on how many are playing it online, or who knows to be honest

Waifu Material

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 07, 2012, 07:12:21 PM »
^^ I don't mind them anymore, I even saw an article on that in SRK. Honestly, it's got a lot of good ideas, but the game isn't even out and people haven't even broken it down yet. You can truthfully pass a judgment like that on a new and unproven property, much less on an American studio's first try. I can at least see how people would've done that with KOFXIII because it was doing very solid in the arcades.

But yeah, it's not new, every new game now is the potential savior of the FGC and liberate us from the tyranny of Capcom control. I never cared to begin with because I don't have such a hatred for Capcom's games, except Strekken.

SNK and Arcadia held China national kof2002um tournament in 2009.
That's China though. China, Japan and Korea maybe a few others near there got lucky, but SNK is even more worse off now.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 07, 2012, 07:19:01 PM »
I am not complaining of popularity of kof13 in Asia but thinking that kof13 would be worth their promotion.In Taiwan and mainland China,young people don't dislike KOF anymore.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 07:34:26 PM by a11111357 »

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 07, 2012, 07:46:43 PM »
I dont care if SkullGirls is a good FG.!
I dont care if SkullGirls etc... (& I dont like loli's FG, much like a nonsense that sort of games to me... but wtv...)

SKULLGIRLS  is a fighting game
SF4 is a fighting game
BBCS is a fighting game
SFxTK  is a fighting game
UMvC3  is a fighting game
etc...

KOF is THE fighting game per excellence... nuff said!

KoF 4 EVA

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 07, 2012, 09:52:09 PM »
It's not a loli fighting game and I barely understand what you just said.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 07, 2012, 10:31:23 PM »
it still amazes me how people wont play a game based on how it looks, THIS IS WHY WE CANT HAVE NICE THINGS!!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 07, 2012, 11:01:07 PM »
Well, at times people see games as total packages rather than just ''the gameplay is cool so I must play it''

For example, I'm waiting for Aquapazza, but a game like Arcana Heart 3 even though seems well done, has something that makes me a little uncomfortable so I don't like playing it

I'm not the kind of ''lol animu geimus with dashes sucks''  but there is something in the looks of this one that I really hate, and I don't know what is since I don't mind lolis

Waifu Material

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 08, 2012, 05:09:23 AM »
it still amazes me how people wont play a game based on how it looks, THIS IS WHY WE CANT HAVE NICE THINGS!!

This actually happens everywhere. It's always a matter of taste. I also get frustrated with how little Japan cares for western games. As long as we're in America, stuff like Mortal Kombat, Tekken and Street Fighter will reign supreme because god forbid you put too much anime in your games.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 08, 2012, 10:52:47 AM »
I think they are trying to hype Skullgirls as much as possible because the FG community didnt receive SFFxT well. On every skullgirls video that makes it front page in SRK ppl bash SFXT and go like "thank god skullgirls is coming". I bet you all when Skullgirls is out ppl will say " fuck this thank god TTT2 is coming".

Today's FG community consists of teen brats that they are never satisfied and always find a way to bash a new FG. All that hate for SFxT comes from the locked chars for DLC, like Capcom owes them or something. KOF looks cartoonish for them. Basically if a FG is not the same as SFIV it is bad for them.

Capcom makes their games smart with moves and mechanics that are suitable for scrubs to spam but at the same time it can have high level play. If a game misses that and it actually needs effort to learn it and it has depth like KOF then it is rejected by today's FG community. And that's why Skullgirls will fail to meet their expectations. You actually need to develop skill to enjoy it. It misses SF's charge mechanic and throws which are tools essential for a casual scrub to enjoy it and think that they are good at the game.

Sorry for my bad english, I hope you got my point.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 10:59:50 AM by Eripio69 »