Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 389143 times)

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: MLG Status edition
« Reply #480 on: April 08, 2012, 11:36:24 AM »
It's better for you guys as a community to do the promoting than waiting SNKP to do something

Your right but making new players learn the game is quite impossible, they will either leave it half way or from the beginning because it's too "hard" (seriously gamers these days, I think they all have the call of duty syndrome), only very few will play it and learn it.

If I hear one more person praising Skullgirls as the Savior of the FGC, or the true evolution of Marvel, I might kill someone.  The thing is, I will hear it, at least 5 different times today at the least.  The way they're pushing it is making people despise the game, not the other way around.  No one likes to hear something being touted as the Messiah all day long.

While KOFXIII isn't on that level, the way people talk about it is starting to annoy.

Really, that's odd for me because I didn't see this :S. The truth is KoF XIII is the savior of FG but people dont know it yet :P.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 08, 2012, 11:51:13 AM »
^ Then Visit SRK.. You will be shocked by the mentality of the ppl there :P

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 08, 2012, 04:33:38 PM »
The truth is KoF XIII is the savior of FG but people dont know it yet :P.
That's it! :)

KoF 4 EVA

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 08, 2012, 06:31:26 PM »
People should be more worried about stepping up their game rather than finding Saviors for the FG

Waifu Material

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 08, 2012, 07:46:14 PM »
^^ Fully agreed. People need to step it up when it comes to bringing others to the community, getting better and harmonize with other players.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 08, 2012, 09:07:02 PM »
I agree with the guys above but before a game reaches its maturity stage these days there is always a new one or two coming, making people switching between games all the time. Is that good for the companies? yes. Is that good for a game's community? Deffinetely no. This is why SNKp needs to spend money on a good netcode otherwise they should not even bother releasing a new FG.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 08, 2012, 11:34:13 PM »
It's better for you guys as a community to do the promoting than waiting SNKP to do something

Your right but making new players learn the game is quite impossible, they will either leave it half way or from the beginning because it's too "hard" (seriously gamers these days, I think they all have the call of duty syndrome), only very few will play it and learn it.

I don't think it's so much that people are unwilling to learn as much as they are unwilling to learn without solid competition either through online or locally, don't want to travel/spend money as well as other valid reasons the average person can come up with since in their minds it's just not justifiable to devote such a large portion of time and effort into something that they don't feel will be all that rewarding or worthwhile.

So i'd personally say that it's more about finding ways to incentivise people into wanting to play at a competitive level or to come up with some sort of system to help connect people together to help further build a sense of community and fostering social interaction between players. Instead of simply labelling them as lazy or unwilling to commit or anything like that, when in relaity they just have a different mindset or perspective of things than people in the community. 
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 09, 2012, 12:05:26 AM »
Agreed. You can't be impatient with people. With time and competition they'll eventually step up. Honestly, to me learning fighters was like learning to ride a bike, it seems like an insurmountable obstacle, until one day everything just clicks and you wonder how you had so much issues before. With the right incentives for risk/reward, people will come around eventually. I know a lot of people that didn't even play any fighters before SFIV that put time and effort into it just get a leg up on others and got a whole lot better.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 09, 2012, 12:38:37 AM »
^ In order for that to happen with KOF ppl need to have competitive scene at home. Since the netcode suks what will a newcomer without local scene do? Play against the CPU in order to level up his game and be interested to take it seriously and competitive?

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 09, 2012, 01:05:16 AM »
They got to look up in matchmaking/regional threads here and different forums. I thought my area didn't have a scene until I search and found out there was one for years.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 09, 2012, 01:27:14 AM »
The thing is that not everybody is that excited for looking more players or visit themed forums to play against other players

Waifu Material

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 09, 2012, 04:24:58 AM »
^ In order for that to happen with KOF ppl need to have competitive scene at home. Since the netcode suks what will a newcomer without local scene do? Play against the CPU in order to level up his game and be interested to take it seriously and competitive?

Seriously. Effort. Not to mention that playing online is bad for you anyways. You get sloppy and rely too much on it. Online is nice and all, but it isn't a substitute for the real deal. Support the scene and either make one locally or find one using this wonderful thing called the internet.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 09, 2012, 07:07:30 AM »
People should be more worried about stepping up their game rather than finding Saviors for the FG

I'd love to see this statement posted up on every fighting game website more, but glad I find it here often enough.

They got to look up in matchmaking/regional threads here and different forums. I thought my area didn't have a scene until I search and found out there was one for years.

Good answer to Eripio's question, but of course there's always a good chance that there isn't a scene around period. This is that same ol' song and dance, but try to build a scene yourself if you're able. Wherever you might have gamers frequent, just bring it around and see if people take to it, or be willing to teach them. I know it can sound impossible to actually pull off, but speaking from personal experience, it's possible. You'll literally never know until you've tried it.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 09, 2012, 11:39:58 AM »
Seriously in my country I bet you I am the only one who plays KOF lol. I've tried to set up a 4 lvl connection for hours and hours waiting. It really suddens me cause I love KOF and I've been playing it since 94 on the arcades when I was a kid and today I have to play SF and SFxT because I cannot have a decend match on my ps3. Before the patch i could play good matches with UK ppl managing to pull off HD combos without dropping them. Post patch is just impossible.

I am happy that Japan sort of gave up on KOF so SNKp will focus on the consoles and try to make a better online experience. In my opinion KOF can't survive with its current community. I hope SNKp appreciates all the effort you are all doing for the community guys and do something from their part.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 09, 2012, 12:17:13 PM »
I can understand the desire to build an offline community but it's quite the challenge. When I lived in the Chicago area. I did everything I could to get the community into Snk. For example at the big anime convention in Chicago I used to bring a Neo Geo AES with the newest games and barely got any attention. I brought MOTW and KOF 2k2. Barely a blip. 2004 I brought SVC Chaos the month it was released on the home console. Everybody prefered 3rd Strike, Smash Bros,  Tekken Tag or Soul Calibur 2. If people aren't already into snk then there is a who cares attitude.

Nowadays I have the family life thing where I can barely get out of the house. So online is close to the only way I can support the games I like. However if you remember 3rd Strike didi bot have a huge community to start with. It grew from fans slowly getting into it, & a large part of it was online games. Now the Xbox 180 did now have great online netcode, however a lot of the success can be given to 3rd Strike from xbix.

KOF XIIi is in a similar boat. Given time and constant pushing I can see it getting more hype. The major problem is the amount of games released in a short period of time. Once the FG community settles down I have a feeling XIII will get more and more respect.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"