Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386474 times)

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: MLG Status edition
« Reply #555 on: April 16, 2012, 08:10:19 PM »
I'm still not touching her with a ten-foot pole. They really need to stop needlessly nerfing her sweet ass.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 17, 2012, 11:04:24 AM »
I'm still not touching her with a ten-foot pole. They really need to stop needlessly nerfing her sweet ass.

Come on, I think BALA did prove that she is a viable choice. I really like his choice of characters; when he picked Ralf it was the first time I've seen him in a tournament.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 17, 2012, 02:43:13 PM »
Really?  Then watch more SoCal tournies when Combofiend shows up.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 17, 2012, 03:52:52 PM »
By the way, I was expecting more from chris g when he faced bala, whatever happened to fight against a superior opponent just to try to beat him one time?

Waifu Material

KLSADAKO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 17, 2012, 05:17:05 PM »
By the way, I was expecting more from chris g when he faced bala, whatever happened to fight against a superior opponent just to try to beat him one time?

Well he tried his best in a earlier round and lost rather easily so I do not blame him for taking a random route, and his randomness did get BALA a few times..

but I was disappointed not to see other top players enter like Mr kof, Reynalds, the usual bunch..

but it was great to see BALA win a tournament without his usual (Billy, Clark, Iori) team..

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 17, 2012, 05:19:22 PM »
Hey, I'm just glad to see Chris G go through an entire major without feeling salty.  It seemed like for the first time in a while, he was just having fun at a major rather than being majorly stressed.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 17, 2012, 07:31:54 PM »
Yea. Despite the whole hubub about him essentially throwing the match at the end, he seemed to be enjoying himself and asking bala for tips and tricks here and there. Kudos to Chris at least sticking it out with the game. That's one thing that has impressed me is that there are a few crossover players but at least they seem to be playing the game seriously.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 17, 2012, 07:54:41 PM »
Not to mention Chris had two more top 2s, and an extra top 8, culminating in him winning Marvel.

How many people manage getting to Grand Finals of 3 different games?  With all of that going on, I really don't blame the idea of just saying "Yeah, fuck it, might as well have some fun here".  Hell, it arguably improved his mood enough to do well the rest of the day.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 17, 2012, 08:34:56 PM »
Come on, I think BALA did prove that she is a viable choice. I really like his choice of characters; when he picked Ralf it was the first time I've seen him in a tournament.

Everyone in the cast is obviously viable. She's just not fun to play at all, her combos are tough to pull off for little benefit and relies too much on shenanigans. Only reason she looked good was that it was BALA and nothing else. Hate to sound like a tier whore, but I like playing characters that allow me to play on my own terms.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 17, 2012, 08:45:06 PM »
From day one when we made the tier list and put Leona all the way to the bottom we said a that she is viable an that it's only going to take a little more training and work to win with her. We know that it was going to take something like winning a major with Leona so people can remove that stigma from her and that's why I challenged Bala to win PowerUp with her.

Remember guys, this is KOF ANY CHARACTER IS VIABLE in this version.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 17, 2012, 09:25:27 PM »
I'd hate to put this out on the table...but wasn't PowerUp free for every tournament on there?

Everyone told me the attendance was abysmal.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 17, 2012, 10:32:44 PM »
Shoutouts to Dandy J's Hwa. I never knew that Drunk mode HD trick before.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 18, 2012, 12:33:31 AM »
From day one when we made the tier list and put Leona all the way to the bottom we said a that she is viable an that it's only going to take a little more training and work to win with her. We know that it was going to take something like winning a major with Leona so people can remove that stigma from her and that's why I challenged Bala to win PowerUp with her.
I think she's a bit gimmick char! His V-Slasher is a good increase value, that helps her a little more in airial control imo.

Accentuated! ;)

KoF 4 EVA

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 18, 2012, 06:18:46 AM »

That might make you the only Billy player not to want to face Leona.

Accentuated! ;)

Double Accentuated!
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

yamazaky96

• Strongest Tiger
  • Drunken fist
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi team Page
« Reply #569 on: April 18, 2012, 07:23:36 AM »

isn't Chris G the guy who lost from Yoshi using only Hop Down Punch Kyo while he have full meter and HD?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5a8INShKyaw#t=661s

I was like :"how can this guy enter a KOF tournament if he cant press CD to blow away instead of blocking all the match..!"
and now u expect him to beat Bala...!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 07:25:48 AM by yamazaky96 »

UAE's KOF casuals and tournaments
www.youtube.com/user/yamazaky96