Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386224 times)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition
« Reply #705 on: May 04, 2012, 04:48:34 PM »

Rick who? Yeh he is pretty cool, but i think Vanessa is better, and i'm not saying it because she is a chick. Maybe it's because i always prefered KOF with original-character-do-not-steal instead of bringing back characters from previous series.

Dude, you gotta' play Real Bout 2. Rick was a Native American dude and also a top tier character who has almost the exact same moveset as Vanessa and predates her by about 2-3 years. I guess the KOF devs wanted another female character and liked Rick enough to pass his moves onto a new character.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: May 04, 2012, 05:30:15 PM »
Pretty much. Having a revision with a better netcode and more characters would get even more hype in on this.

No it wouldn't, see Capcom and the heat they're getting for pulling this bs.

SNK has done well with XIII and is in good graces with fans thanks to it. XIII is an excellent fighter, best one to date imo, but this should be it. They should be working on XIV or another new project.

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: May 04, 2012, 05:38:41 PM »
Pretty much. Having a revision with a better netcode and more characters would get even more hype in on this.

No it wouldn't, see Capcom and the heat they're getting for pulling this bs.

SNK has done well with XIII and is in good graces with fans thanks to it. XIII is an excellent fighter, best one to date imo, but this should be it. They should be working on XIV or another new project.

I think revisions and expansion are fine if the reasonably priced($30 or less) and smartly announced(8 to 9 months after the first game)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: May 04, 2012, 06:11:38 PM »
I think revisions and expansion are fine if the reasonably priced($30 or less) and smartly announced(8 to 9 months after the first game)

Console XIII is the revision.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 04, 2012, 07:17:52 PM »

Console XIII is the revision.

True, and though i haven't played xiii arcade, i'd say that it seems like they did just about everything right for console. It probably is for the best if they let this game be and work on their next title. Chances are, whatever comes next is probably gonna be in need of some rebalancing (and thus time) unless they copy paste kofxiii chars or something.

Ofcourse i wouldn't say no to new characters if they are on par with the current dlc chars though. Not too crazy, well made and different enough from the rest of the cast.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: May 04, 2012, 07:50:38 PM »
Dude, you gotta' play Real Bout 2. Rick was a Native American dude and also a top tier character who has almost the exact same moveset as Vanessa and predates her by about 2-3 years. I guess the KOF devs wanted another female character and liked Rick enough to pass his moves onto a new character.

Yup i knew that, i think when i played RB2 for the first time i chose Rick, it was just a (maybe bad) way to say he is not that well known overall and was kinda forgotten.

yamazaky96

• Strongest Tiger
  • Drunken fist
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi team Page
« Reply #711 on: May 05, 2012, 07:40:55 AM »
No Vanessa sprite makes me sad  :(
fuck that chick no blue mary makes me sad

Even though we can't agree on some things, at least we can all agree that it's good there isn't one for Bao.

Bao in KOF02UM is great
Maybe you are talking about Bao 2001 which was a broken game and not even made by SNK

KOF13 needs more female fighters
they shall add Xiangfei, Kasumi and Hinaku

am I the only one who have noticed how many short cuts SNK used for this game?

One winning pose for each
Hwa, Saiki, ex Iori, ex Kyo and Mr. Karate are using many frames from their clones
the stages are combination between KOF02um and KOF12 ( see France stage: they changed the color of the ground in 02um, added the fat women from kof12 which were using the whole 02um background plus the women)
they simply added Vice and Mature because they have Mature spirit ready in kof12
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 07:54:36 AM by yamazaky96 »

UAE's KOF casuals and tournaments
www.youtube.com/user/yamazaky96

Light13

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: May 05, 2012, 08:33:03 AM »
Yeah they used a lot of shortcuts but with so many sprites drawn for this game I'm sure they won't cut as much corners in the next game.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: May 05, 2012, 08:51:09 AM »
am I the only one who have noticed how many short cuts SNK used for this game?

One winning pose for each

I would've liked more too

Hwa, Saiki, ex Iori, ex Kyo and Mr. Karate are using many frames from their clones

You forgot Ralf & Clark, but I'm glad that usually the only thing similar about them is how they look; you certainly can't (or shouldn't) play the clones the same way.

the stages are combination between KOF02um and KOF12 ( see France stage: they changed the color of the ground in 02um, added the fat women from kof12 which were using the whole 02um background plus the women)

I assume you're talking about 2K2UM's amusement park stage with un-masked Raiden in the background; when I go from that stage, to KOF 12's France stage, to 13's France stage, I see enough differences where I'm hard-pressed to call that any kind of shortcut. The fat women maybe, but they were the best part of either 12 or 13's stage so I'm glad they stayed.

they simply added Vice and Mature because they have Mature spirit ready in kof12

If they had enough time and money, Vice and Mature would've both been in KOFXII from the start. It's was probably the plan to put them both in the next game after XI. 12 should've been 13, so it shouldn't be too surprising why there are so many similarities, or "shortcuts".
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

yamazaky96

• Strongest Tiger
  • Drunken fist
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi team Page
« Reply #714 on: May 05, 2012, 11:10:59 AM »
I assume you're talking about 2K2UM's amusement park stage with un-masked Raiden in the background; when I go from that stage, to KOF 12's France stage, to 13's France stage, I see enough differences where I'm hard-pressed to call that any kind of shortcut. The fat women maybe, but they were the best part of either 12 or 13's stage so I'm glad they stayed.

no I mean France stage (fatal fury team with the old men fighting over a chick) u will also see the houses on the island appearing in KOF12 France stage with the fat women hiding most 02um background details..!
add to it the floor from 02um theme park stage
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 11:25:49 AM by yamazaky96 »

UAE's KOF casuals and tournaments
www.youtube.com/user/yamazaky96

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: May 05, 2012, 02:28:52 PM »

Yesterday I was playing KoF2kUM and KoF98UM on my cousin's xbox, the amount of characters that I want them redone are massive. Not just the characters, special moves, DM's, stages and other things like winning poses.

Yes' KoF XIII does lack many of those things but I salute SNK for giving us the best new generation fighter. Considering the money, time and the resources which SNK has and comparing them with other companies like capcom, they made a much better game.

For the new SNK fighter I hope to see another KoF either XIIIUM or XIV. I wouldn't mind if they reuse the sprites, maybe they can add to them. Mostly I would like to see more, more of everything especially characters (they have to make it balanced, like KoF XIII is. by balanced I mean no broken characters). There is no reason for them not to make a much bigger game this time around.

I think they should announce something soon maybe in EVO; I am really waiting for an announcement.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: May 05, 2012, 03:03:59 PM »
Idk why people think they already have to be on a new game.  They shouldn't even consider making a new game until at least November. 
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: May 05, 2012, 03:07:04 PM »
Did anyone watch the shadowloo stream?  I was amazed and disappointed by xiaohai and daikou's performance at the same time.  Those guys showed real solid neutral game and pressure, top notch reflexes, but it was also obvious that they haven't played the game that much...  They were using suboptimal combos, dropping easy combos (dakou can't even do ex kyo's c rekkas.....), and lacking any safe jump setups.

On the other hand,  i was impressed by tokido's performance.  I hope we get to see more from japan.   :)

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: May 05, 2012, 05:39:51 PM »
SS2012 KOF13 TOP8
Xiaohai.Dakou.V1p3R.Ryan Hart.Poongko.Tokido.Houshen.Ero Oyaji

Dakou said that he practiced kof13 since April but Xiaohai started earlier and practiced very hard.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 06:34:58 PM by a11111357 »

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: May 06, 2012, 12:50:36 AM »
You know, seeing some of the previous posts about KOF12 sure makes me think how SNK would've been right now if they decided to fully finish KOf12 instead of that rush job they gave us.

At a time when IMO the new generation of fighting game hype was at it's highest, they probably would've been the talk of the town for those years in between the KOF12 release and the KOF13 console release. If only they just didn't rush that damn game.

And hell, I'd imagine that f they took their time, they may have made enough money to actually have made possibly either a new intallment in one of their other series.