Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 389311 times)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition
« Reply #735 on: May 06, 2012, 05:29:36 PM »
Anyone have a link to the archive for the finals? Thanks.

http://www.twitch.tv/shadowloohq/b/317288015

Starts at around 3:25

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: May 06, 2012, 11:57:25 PM »
IF anyone cares KOFi has all characters now together with online play.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #737 on: May 07, 2012, 04:10:33 AM »

Yeah it's a separate app from the original one...

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: May 07, 2012, 06:54:27 AM »

http://www.twitch.tv/shadowloohq/b/317288015

Starts at around 3:25

Thanks. God, Tokido's Mr. Karate was fucking sick!
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: May 07, 2012, 09:07:57 AM »

Yeah it's a separate app from the original one...

It has better netcode then the console games too from the people who played it.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: May 07, 2012, 10:45:22 AM »
Holy crap at the SS finals between Xiaohai and Tokido. Sort of wanted Tokido to take it, but loved Xiaohai's Billy, and really didn't like the "ballerina/spin-it-to-win-it" Billy commentary.

Part of me wishes both of them always weren't going for the j.C, j.CDs and small combo starters. Tokido probably would've had Xiaohai without the fancy HD XIII Iori attempts.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: May 07, 2012, 02:11:43 PM »
Quote from: Homies Over Shotos
It has better netcode then the console games too from the people who played it.

Wonder if there is another patch incoming for the netcode? There's no reason for SNK not to release a patch with the slight Climax changes, at the very least. The console version is the one being used in the vast majority of tournaments worldwide afterall.

Part of me wishes both of them always weren't going for the j.C, j.CDs and small combo starters. Tokido probably would've had Xiaohai without the fancy HD XIII Iori attempts.

Tokido clearly had the better knowledge of XIII whereas Xiaohai of KOF in general. Tokido knew more combos and dished out bigger damage whereas Xiaohai's were pretty simple for the most part.

On the other hand Xiaohai's movement and footsies were on another level and that was the adjustment he made I think, constantly moving and poking and making it very difficult for Tokido to start anything. By the end he had him completely shut down and figured out, with the last match being an OCV iirc.

As for the fancy Iori HD combos, I think Tokido didn't have much of a choice really. Grabs were the only way he could consistently open up Xiaohai but going into HD from Iori's grab is not easy.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 02:30:30 PM by Diavle »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 07, 2012, 04:17:46 PM »
I think there's no point in fixing the XIII online, it's pretty much dead on there from what I can tell, at least on the 360 front.  Do need the Climax changes though.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Grokbu

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 07, 2012, 04:33:51 PM »
I think there's no point in fixing the XIII online, it's pretty much dead on there from what I can tell, at least on the 360 front.  Do need the Climax changes though.
Now I'm not really knowledgeable enough about this to speak too much about it. But wouldn't it, technically, be possible for them to change some of the code for GSS to allow for lower delay?

If they have to use GSS, couldn't they change what's there in the netcode, whilst still making it usable with the game?

EDIT: Oh, I reread your post and realized that I misunderstood you.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 04:35:49 PM by Grokbu »

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: May 07, 2012, 05:09:14 PM »
Tokido showed a lot of improvement from the last time we saw him play but seemed like his play style was a bit one-dimensional hence Xiaohai's adaptation. It really just boiled down to Tokido jumping around too much and Xiaohai just playing a better footsie game.

Overall, I'm a bit disappointed with the level of play from Xiaohai and Dakou, as they had a built up reputation and it didn't quite live up to what I was expecting. I mean, without a doubt they have really strong KoF fundamentals and that's what led to Xiaohai's victory but it feels like they are still in a transitioning phase.

I hope Dakou, Xioahai, and Tokido are really salty after Shadowloo Showdown and train hard for Evo because I think all of them will probably get into top 16 at the least but I don't think they'll be able to pull out a win against Bala, Reynalds, or Mr.KoF.

I think there's no point in fixing the XIII online, it's pretty much dead on there from what I can tell, at least on the 360 front.  Do need the Climax changes though.

If the online got fixed you can bet that more players would be showing up so I don't think it's out of the question to ask for another look at the netcode. Granted, this probably won't happen but it sure would be nice.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: May 07, 2012, 05:20:44 PM »
Wonder if there is another patch incoming for the netcode? There's no reason for SNK not to release a patch with the slight Climax changes, at the very least. The console version is the one being used in the vast majority of tournaments worldwide afterall.

This is exactly what I'm thinking in regards to Climax too, just hope it happens in the future.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: May 07, 2012, 05:24:36 PM »
Overall, I'm a bit disappointed with the level of play from Xiaohai and Dakou, as they had a built up reputation and it didn't quite live up to what I was expecting. I mean, without a doubt they have really strong KoF fundamentals and that's what led to Xiaohai's victory but it feels like they are still in a transitioning phase.

Word is Dakou started playing the game only in April and Xiaohai a little earlier.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 07, 2012, 05:25:45 PM »

That's why I pointed out that they need to get a revision in at some point. Game has traction and I see no point in making a sequel where you need to relearn everything again, unless it's a dream match with the same exact system. Honestly, who cares about casual players at this point? If you're going to complain that a revision has 12 new characters for 40 bucks, I see no point in paying attention to nonsense like that.

Also, they need to let go of GSS. They're terrible at making netcodes because they only have experience in making them for local Japanese play. They absolutely have no idea how much distance needs to be covered in the US (they probably think the US is about 2 Japans tied together) and how our internet differs greatly from theirs.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: May 07, 2012, 09:08:06 PM »

That's why I pointed out that they need to get a revision in at some point. Game has traction and I see no point in making a sequel where you need to relearn everything again, unless it's a dream match with the same exact system. Honestly, who cares about casual players at this point? If you're going to complain that a revision has 12 new characters for 40 bucks, I see no point in paying attention to nonsense like that.

Also, they need to let go of GSS. They're terrible at making netcodes because they only have experience in making them for local Japanese play. They absolutely have no idea how much distance needs to be covered in the US (they probably think the US is about 2 Japans tied together) and how our internet differs greatly from theirs.

Actually SNK was shocked when Shane Bettenhouse told them that their netcode sucked ass and that Japan was roughly a little bigger than half of California.  SNK was shocked to realize how big the US is.  At least that's what it was when it was posted on the Ignition boards for KOF XII way back when.

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: May 07, 2012, 09:44:52 PM »
Actually SNK was shocked when Shane Bettenhouse told them that their netcode sucked ass and that Japan was roughly a little bigger than half of California.  SNK was shocked to realize how big the US is.  At least that's what it was when it was posted on the Ignition boards for KOF XII way back when.
Who the f**k is that Shane Bettenstuff...?!
And what are you talking about, "Actualy..." so means KOF XIII, or KOF XII in Ignition boards?!...
And finaly, what is pertinent in your post?! Srry Just asking causes I dont see anything...

KoF 4 EVA