Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386225 times)

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition
« Reply #795 on: May 09, 2012, 04:48:53 PM »
So rumor is that Mago is also training on KOFXIII.  He plays every week with tokido and naoki.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: May 09, 2012, 04:53:53 PM »
Dune told me on ustream chat that he had been training tokido and mago - so mago yes.

Both are supposed to be at evo as it stands now.

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: May 09, 2012, 05:10:52 PM »
Yeah, I was watching the stream chat too.  He also thinks Xiaohai could win Evo if he practices the game more.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: May 09, 2012, 06:06:37 PM »
Doesn't surprise me that Mago's playing.  He hangs out with Tokido who plays everything, he's gonna eventually be interested enough to pick up at least one game he's playing.

As for Poongko, who knows.  While yes, SF4 is his main priority, SFxT might take a backseat.  Dunno how he feels about the whole 2v2 thing.

Should be the greatest KOF tournament field in history with all of these names in it.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: May 09, 2012, 06:08:16 PM »
I thought Dune and Oogosho were going to Evo, what changed?

Seriously, I hope the KoF community can organize some sort of international exhibition like a 5v5 or 3v3 depending on how many representative from each country show up. Given the international presence this year I think Evo would be one of our few chances that we could get something like that going.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: May 09, 2012, 06:09:51 PM »
I thought Dune and Oogosho were going to Evo, what changed?

Seriously, I hope the KoF community can organize some sort of international exhibition like a 5v5 or 3v3 depending on how many representative from each country show up. Given the international presence this year I think Evo would be one of our few chances that we could get something like that going.

Yeah, but the only way to do that justice is something on Canada Cup level, and idk if we could pull that off at EVO outside of a side tourney.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: May 09, 2012, 06:12:28 PM »
Yeah heard both Mago and Tokido used to play KOF back in the day, like 97 or 98 or something.

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: May 09, 2012, 06:22:44 PM »
The main issue is that no major tournament is going to have KoF as the main focus because SF4 is still considered the main international tournament fighting game. I don't think you'd be able to create an international exhibition on a CC2k11 level and attract the same amount of attendance/viewers as doing a SF4 exhibition. It's just the unfortunate reality of the situation.

I think Evo is probably going to be the only place that can gather that kind of talent base to be able to pull off an exhibition match of that caliber. The only reason CC2k11 pulled that off with SF4 was because the tournament organizer paid for (or at least a portion of) the travel costs. I'm not sure what community or who in general would be willing to do the same for KoF.  

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: May 09, 2012, 06:40:44 PM »
The thing is, if you can't pull all of that together for that kind of exhibition, exactly how would you do a 5v5?  Just US vs. everyone else?  Good luck whittling down the international players.

Too many good international players going in order to whittle that down to even 5.  The only other thing I could think of is a 3v3 Invitational Tourney, where every member of a team plays one character.

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: May 09, 2012, 06:50:02 PM »
The thing is, if you can't pull all of that together for that kind of exhibition, exactly how would you do a 5v5?  Just US vs. everyone else?  Good luck whittling down the international players.

Too many good international players going in order to whittle that down to even 5.  The only other thing I could think of is a 3v3 Invitational Tourney, where every member of a team plays one character.

Yeah, I'm not sure how many people from each country are coming to Evo so it might not be doable in the first place.

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: May 09, 2012, 07:04:57 PM »
I think that's a good idea.  Perhaps we could do it in a "kof runback suite"?  Kind of like the salty runback suite team spooky had for sf4, but we'll run an after hour stream for kof instead?  

I think we could just pick team captains for each country and let the captains figure out who to represent their respective country.  For team captains, we could pick the most well known player (not necessarily the best, just the first name that pops into your mind) in the country who has been confirmed for evo.  It's a bit arbitrary, but I guess it's a lot easier this way.

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: May 09, 2012, 07:37:42 PM »
I think that's a good idea.  Perhaps we could do it in a "kof runback suite"?  Kind of like the salty runback suite team spooky had for sf4, but we'll run an after hour stream for kof instead?  

I think we could just pick team captains for each country and let the captains figure out who to represent their respective country.  For team captains, we could pick the most well known player (not necessarily the best, just the first name that pops into your mind) in the country who has been confirmed for evo.  It's a bit arbitrary, but I guess it's a lot easier this way.

The Canada Cup MM room at Evo last year did this. Enough people showed up from all over the place so country MM's were doable.

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: May 09, 2012, 07:49:10 PM »
Dune told me on ustream chat that he had been training tokido and mago - so mago yes.
Ok, but what about him?! What about Dune he's not coming to EVO?!
Same as Haregoro, he dont think to go?!

KoF 4 EVA

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: May 09, 2012, 07:52:15 PM »
There have been over 10 KOF13 Climax cabinets in Taiwan.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: May 09, 2012, 09:06:14 PM »
^Is that good? Are they active?

Ok, but what about him?! What about Dune he's not coming to EVO?!
Same as Haregoro, he dont think to go?!

I'm sure they'd love to if they had the money, its not cheap.