Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386520 times)

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition
« Reply #870 on: May 12, 2012, 05:51:52 PM »
Well, I'm no pro but even the lag on wireless xbox controllers pisses me off. And don't get me started on the TV's post-processing.
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: May 13, 2012, 12:04:02 PM »
Well, I'm no pro but even the lag on wireless xbox controllers pisses me off. And don't get me started on the TV's post-processing.

What! you have TV lag?! I think you should get a new TV, personally that's the worst kind of lag you could get, you cant even play local with this. Some of you guys atleast can play online, even with a wired connection it's really bad for me.

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: May 13, 2012, 01:56:34 PM »
LOL, i'm a Luddite when it comes to modern tech. I actually have more hours on a kof98 cab than on my Xbox. took me a while to find it but my tv has a "PC" mode which bypasses all the bullcrap, and weird enough, it makes the game look better (except for zoom ins on characters. what were they thinking???). On the other hand, i need every excuse I can get to justify dropping easy combos ;] Gonna get a stick as well. i find myself using the stick on the xbox controller with the thumb and the buttons with my fingers. weird as hell.

But you're right, you can't imagine how pissed off i was when i first got the new gear and couldn't even go from j.C to c.B; "whoa, i really let myself go. what a scrub!"
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 13, 2012, 10:23:09 PM »

What! you have TV lag?! I think you should get a new TV, personally that's the worst kind of lag you could get, you cant even play local with this. Some of you guys atleast can play online, even with a wired connection it's really bad for me.

Dude.  ALL LCD and Plasma tvs lag.  The only tvs that DON'T lag are the ancient CRT tvs which also have superior color gamut over LCD and plasma.  The next step is OLED which has no lag and near crt level blacks.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 14, 2012, 12:46:15 AM »

Dude.  ALL LCD and Plasma tvs lag.  The only tvs that DON'T lag are the ancient CRT tvs which also have superior color gamut over LCD and plasma.  The next step is OLED which has no lag and near crt level blacks.

Not really, usually TV's have game mode to adjust the lag. My opinion plasma TV's are the best now because the companies corrected the defects of the plasma, it's cheaper, the contrast ratio is the best and has natural colors. Basically when getting a TV make sure it has game mode if not dont get it. Some people who only need a TV for a console they buy a 27" monitor or if they can find a larger one like. Viewsonic and Asus are the best choices for monitors IMHO.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: May 14, 2012, 02:00:55 AM »
*hugs asus monitor*

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: May 14, 2012, 04:25:49 PM »
So I gotta ask since I've been gone for a while, is Takuma an obsolete character compared to Mr. Karate? Or are they just two different characters that play totally different like both Ioris and Kyos?

LAB Falken

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: May 14, 2012, 04:35:15 PM »
They are completely different characters, though Karate has sped up Takuma normals (crC actually is the only notable one I can think of, actually).
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 04:49:49 PM by LAB Falken »

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: May 14, 2012, 06:16:52 PM »
So I gotta ask since I've been gone for a while, is Takuma an obsolete character compared to Mr. Karate? Or are they just two different characters that play totally different like both Ioris and Kyos?
They are REALLY different char.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: May 14, 2012, 06:20:35 PM »
Completely different characters. Takuma has a better fireball game, corner damage, and a command grab that leads into any of his combos. Mr. Karate has better normals and lots of anti-air options.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: May 14, 2012, 08:19:08 PM »
So, if anyone wanted to know what the English voice overs for XIII would've been like...

Let's listen to KOF English voices

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: May 14, 2012, 11:03:29 PM »
Better than XII at least

At least some of them are not that bad

Anyway, Climax will be released in Chile in 2 more weeks

Waifu Material

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #882 on: May 15, 2012, 03:12:38 AM »
They are just the same voices from KOFXII.

Save for Kula and Mai, who are new

They were all in the arcade version.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: May 15, 2012, 09:57:47 AM »
Anyway, Climax will be released in Chile in 2 more weeks

Ah, one of the blessed - that is good news.

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: May 15, 2012, 10:35:00 AM »
Seriously, SNK really dropped the ball when it came to dubbing their games. I'm glad XIII is all Japanese voices.