Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386256 times)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition
« Reply #1095 on: May 28, 2012, 06:38:28 AM »
I don't know whats up with KOFXIII netcode, but I been having great connections online. Heck I played SolidShark, who is in Japan and it all went good. I mean, we could pull some mid-high level combos, that speaks a lot IMO. I have been satisfied with KOFXIII netcode in these past 5 months, obviously they still could improve it, but so far this netcode is on doing great.

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: May 28, 2012, 06:53:24 AM »
Not particularly.  I've seen just as much success with solid play in even the most gimmick heavy games.

I disagree.  In a game like marvel 3 for instance, it is very easy to lose to gimmicks no matter how solid you are.  To be good at that game, it takes more more than just solid play, but also knowledge of the game inside out including all the gimmicky setups. 

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: May 28, 2012, 08:45:11 AM »
Anybody else experiencing one sided input lag on KOF XIII. I've been on both ends so far. I had an OCV so to speak (last character taking out his 3) and he was complaining about horrid lag when my side was stable (btw he seemed honest about it wasn't an excuse plus I beat him with a character I am only so-so with. So I believe him).

Then yesterday I was playing a 3 bar match and had an input delay above 1/2 second (my character was moving 1 way and my controller was going to another direction kinda lag). The opponent said he only had sight. I'm dreading if the netcode is turning into KOF98 or MOTW.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 09:59:55 AM by Proto Cloud »

yamazaky96

• Strongest Tiger
  • Drunken fist
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi team Page
« Reply #1099 on: May 28, 2012, 10:53:08 AM »
I love RBFF2 because of Xiangfei

UAE's KOF casuals and tournaments
www.youtube.com/user/yamazaky96

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: May 28, 2012, 03:01:06 PM »
I know ppl seem to want the next KOF to be a dreammatch but there's no way that's happening so what are you expectations for XIV?

Personally I'm really looking forward to the new original characters they come up with, SNK has been so damn good at this.

Also think its long overdue for the new lead to be a female character.

Curious to see if they in fact killed of Ash, would be sad to see him go as I find him to be very memorable and full of personality. His gameplay also has a unique flavor to it (and goes hand in hand with his personality).

And, of course, looking forward to seeing where SNK takes Kyo and Iori. I personally prefer their XIII versions (for me Iori needed a refresh bad and they nailed it) but overall it seems that NESTs Kyo and classic Iori seem to be more popular.

In terms of the gameplay I think its essential that EX moves and Drive canceling stay.

Oh and the character select music must the same as XIII's.

I don't know whats up with KOFXIII netcode, but I been having great connections online. Heck I played SolidShark, who is in Japan and it all went good. I mean, we could pull some mid-high level combos, that speaks a lot IMO. I have been satisfied with KOFXIII netcode in these past 5 months, obviously they still could improve it, but so far this netcode is on doing great.

Yeah, I still hear bitching here and there but the netcode has been great for me (and I'm on there regularly).
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 03:03:31 PM by Diavle »

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: May 28, 2012, 03:40:07 PM »
i actually want to see valve make a fighting game now

No. Shut up.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/05/28/pulstar-real-bout-fatal-fury-2-the-newcomers-hit-virtual-console-in-june/

Welp.
see now i be exited if this was for xbl or psn but it's not so i dont give a fuck

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: May 28, 2012, 04:03:17 PM »
he should get some kind of award for playing on that pdp stick

Out of curiosity, who was playing on a PDP Stick? And are we talking about the Mortal Kombt layout PDP Stick or did PDP release a stick with the traditional 3 on top/3 on bottom layout?

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: May 28, 2012, 04:34:03 PM »

Out of curiosity, who was playing on a PDP Stick? And are we talking about the Mortal Kombt layout PDP Stick or did PDP release a stick with the traditional 3 on top/3 on bottom layout?

It was el nino who played on the mortal combat pdp stick.  He said he grew up playing kof in a modded mortal kombat cabinet in mexico. 

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: May 28, 2012, 04:36:53 PM »
Not particularly.  I've seen just as much success with solid play in even the most gimmick heavy games.

I disagree.  In a game like marvel 3 for instance, it is very easy to lose to gimmicks no matter how solid you are.  To be good at that game, it takes more more than just solid play, but also knowledge of the game inside out including all the gimmicky setups.  

The last part of that is true (which is why the top players are always begging to be blown up at any time because they're too lazy to do some research for things right under their nose) however like I said, I've seen plenty of success.  Chris G didn't even get into the cheap stuff until halfway through Ultimate.  JWong's made multiple wins without X-Factor just off of his Akuma who has absolutely no real gimmicks.  Hell, just at UFGT8 Kevin Landon made huge strides and got 3rd mostly off the strength of his VJoe and Strange just with solid fundamentals, evasion and defense.  Morrigan only really locked up games for him (and as the tourney went on, became less of a factor).

I'm just saying that solid play will get you just as far in gimmick heavy games like a Marvel and more down to Earth games like a KOF.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: May 28, 2012, 05:38:26 PM »
The players you quoted have poured tons of time into the game though.  Playing solid AND having good knowledge of the game will of course take you far.  The question is how far can you go by playing solid and having only a basic understanding of the game?

Let's imagine two solid players at roughly the same level.  One specializes in marvel, the other in kof.  They each spend exactly one week in learning the others game before entering a tournament.  Who do you think will place higher? 

All things equal, the marvel player will place higher in kof than the kof player will place in marvel, simply because of the nature of the game.  In marvel, set ups are very important as many times they lead to one touch kill, and it is very easy to get defeated by gimmicks even if you have solid fundamentals.

Whereas in kof, where most mixups are reactable, if you can play solid fundamentals with excellent spacing, then you won't do too bad.  You will do even better if you know the optimal combos and know about match ups, but even with just a basic knowledge, playing solid will carry you a long way.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1106 on: May 28, 2012, 09:32:34 PM »
He said he grew up playing kof in a modded mortal kombat cabinet in mexico. 

Priceless.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: May 28, 2012, 10:28:38 PM »
I love RBFF2 because of Xiangfei

If you really love Xiangfei as much as you say, you wouldn't use that god-awful pic of her from KOF 2001.

Just saying.

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: May 29, 2012, 12:18:59 AM »
I know ppl seem to want the next KOF to be a dreammatch but there's no way that's happening so what are you expectations for XIV?

You work for SNK?  If not, don't shit on our hopes.  :(
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1109 on: May 29, 2012, 12:35:52 AM »
2001 Xiang is cute. I wanna take her out to dinner.