Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386542 times)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition
« Reply #1170 on: June 03, 2012, 09:51:10 PM »
But Clark and Ralf were clearly modeled after Schwarzenegger:

http://bit.ly/JM2mMT

http://bit.ly/K6pUZN
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

LAB Falken

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: June 03, 2012, 09:57:56 PM »
I was under the impression (by hearsay) that Clark was commando Schwarzenegger, and Ralf was Rambo Stallone.

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: June 03, 2012, 10:13:53 PM »
A whole lot of KoF charas are stand ins for characters from movies and games.
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

samirerre

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: June 03, 2012, 10:57:33 PM »
the guy who did the art for the new pachi fatal fury is really amazing,geese never looked better.
probably its the same guy who made the kof 02um art.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: June 04, 2012, 12:33:17 AM »
^---That's Hiroaki.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: June 04, 2012, 02:26:22 AM »
Well, I guess we all agree that we don't want KoF turning into a loli-fighter. On the other hand, if we're a bit realistic, the whole shift to HD(ish) graphics was bound to bring huge changes along. All of the older games had hand drawn sprites. Nowadays, they roto-scan 3d models. That, in itself, means you have a stiffer frame to work on. It also means you get more consistent and professional results. If they went back to drawing stuff completely by hand now, you'd be shocked by the lack of depth that the sprites would have.

On the topic of how muscular/kawaii some sprites turned out to be, I think it's just a broader spectrum than before. Women go from Elisabeth serious to Yuri genki-girl; the guys go from Andy understated to Clark over-the-top. I don't think it had anything to do with appeasing anyone, it's just cooler to have variety. I'm not thrilled about all of them(still don't like Maxima), but I think it's far above standard and likely to improve. It IS their first complete game on this engine and they barely made it. If anyone cares to show me a better 2d game, I'm willing to take a look, but I think that'll just be KoF XIV. Oh, and it's been 2.5 D since they did UMs with 3d backgrounds.

To those who insist on waxing lyrical about how everything was better back then: "C'mon, get serious."

Yeah well, ofcourse  the new sprites are much better than the old ones and the game is smoother but I was just stating my opinion (maybe for future references :P) on the looks of some of the characters. With their capabilities I think they did a great job with this game.

back in my day we didn't have players guides and ign telling us how to do stuff we did everything ourselves gamers today are so shameful

True and not so true; back in the day when we had arcades (well I dont know about you) we learned from each other friends and opponents and yeah we try to innovate.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: June 04, 2012, 02:35:49 AM »
Cmon, I'm sure that lots of gamers pretend like they never took tips from magazines like nintendo power

Waifu Material

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #1177 on: June 04, 2012, 03:32:24 AM »
back in my day we didn't have players guides and ign telling us how to do stuff we did everything ourselves gamers today are so shameful

That's not true at all. You never heard of something called "Fighters Edge" by Gamepro?

"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: June 04, 2012, 04:40:38 AM »
Yeah well, ofcourse  the new sprites are much better than the old ones and the game is smoother but I was just stating my opinion (maybe for future references :P) on the looks of some of the characters. With their capabilities I think they did a great job with this game.
So we agree? I guess we disagree on which characters look less than ideal, we can carry on bitchfighting about those hehe. :P

True and not so true; back in the day when we had arcades (well I dont know about you) we learned from each other friends and opponents and yeah we try to innovate.

We learned from each other, kicked each other´s ass, went to the pub together, went back to the arcade and did it some more. And not once did anyone bitch about lag XD
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: June 04, 2012, 10:25:33 AM »
Although I believe most of you have seen it, I came across this and I couldnt resist but share it!

The King of Fighters '98 - Live Action

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: June 04, 2012, 04:30:30 PM »
So we agree? I guess we disagree on which characters look less than ideal, we can carry on bitchfighting about those hehe. :P

We learned from each other, kicked each other´s ass, went to the pub together, went back to the arcade and did it some more. And not once did anyone bitch about lag XD

Yup exactly for both parts  ;).

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: June 04, 2012, 05:28:16 PM »
Eripio69 lolol that was bauss

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: June 04, 2012, 05:32:36 PM »
I remember back in the arcade days of KOF 96 I found a page on the web that it had a cheat on how to unlock super terry and super kyo lol. It was saying that you needed to do 10 times diagonal up-left and down right on their image on the selection screen and press to battons.. It was so hard to do that and I spent money and days till I realized that I was trolled :( Funny days. I'd give anything to live in the 90s for ever!

Eripio69 lolol that was bauss
Dat Shingo!!! hahahahahahaah
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 05:45:55 PM by Eripio69 »

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: June 04, 2012, 06:12:29 PM »
hehe, up up down down left right left right button1 button2 - unlocks everything in any game through all of time XD

(actually feel like trying that to unlock eiji in XIII T_T )

Eijiiiiiiii!

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: June 04, 2012, 07:38:43 PM »
Guys what do I need to do to watch Evo's live stream?