Author Topic: A long over dued introduction  (Read 1510 times)

LazieFreddy

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
A long over dued introduction
« on: April 25, 2012, 01:02:15 PM »
Hi everyone,

I've been hanging out in DC for a while now, but I just realized that I have yet to make a proper introduction, so please excuse my long over dued intro.

Long story short, I am an old fart who recently came out of retirement from fighting games.  I practically grew up with KOF.  I started playing 95 at the back of a neighborhood grocery store back when I was not old enough to enter arcades.  I got so sucked into the game that I played it almost night and day.  That continued until around 2000/2001, when SNK was bankrupt and had to outsource KOF development (KOF 2000 suck).  It was that and coupled with me going to college in Cali stopped all my fighting game activities. 

Fast forward ten years later, one day while browsing at gamestop I decided to pick up AE for fun, but little did I know that would reignite my spirit for fighting games.  Of course, a few months later, KOF XIII came out, so AE has been gathering dust...  :)

Some tidbits about me:-

Favorite character:  Blue Mary
Favorite game in KOF series:  KOF 97 (so broken, so much fun)
Favorite background music: Esaka - KOF 96
Favorite non-KOF SNK game:  Real Bout 2
KOF history:  95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 2000, XIII
SNK consoles owned:  NeoGeo CD (1st gen), NeoGeo Pocket, NeoGeo Pocket Color

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: A long over dued introduction
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 02:49:08 PM »
Thanks for the official introduction Freddy. I started with '95 too, but in a bowling alley. Glad to hear you've come out of retirement with XIII keeping you in play too.

Good choice in music and characters too. Also can't wait to see Mary in XIII-style spritework.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: A long over dued introduction
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 11:05:12 PM »
Hello Freddy its a pleasure to meet you after all this time haha.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".