Author Topic: Ryo Sakazaki (Arcade Version)  (Read 46765 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Ryo Sakazaki
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2010, 05:25:40 AM »
yeah ive been using that link since 94. it was gone in 12. but a lot of links went missing after kofs graphical overhaul since way back in 96 terry lost his links, while kyo, kim & ryo kept theirs. after 12's real graphical overhaul everybody in the game lost the ability to link, which is why 13 is soo awesome.

its like snkp read all my complaints about 12 and even added systems ive been wanting in kof since 97/98. especially ex moves and dc cancelling. shit, even on srk's old 12 thread i was asking for these features, and their all in 13. with only some small balancing and ironing out the last few bugs & glitches this'll be the best kof ever by far.

only thing this game is lacking right now is more characters, somthing im wondering about is how long that will take with these new sprites that take soo long to create. 3 or 4 more teams and its pretty much perfect.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Violent Ryo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2010, 11:31:16 PM »
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 03:25:50 AM by Kane317 »

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2010, 02:51:04 AM »
So according to the vid up there, HD Combo, 2 stocks
d+B 2x, [HD], D, f+A, hcb+BD, (dp+C, [HDC] hcb+D) 2x, dp+C, [HDC] f,b,f+AC, dp+P, [HDC] qcf+A, qcf+A, f,b,f+P

Violent Ryo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2010, 09:00:34 AM »
So according to the vid up there, HD Combo, 2 stocks
d+B 2x, [HD], D, f+A, hcb+BD, (dp+C, [HDC] hcb+D) 2x, dp+C, [HDC] f,b,f+AC, dp+P, [HDC] qcf+A, qcf+A, f,b,f+P

Yes, looks like it, my favorite parts are the EX Zanretsuken and the double Kou'kens.

I wonder if the combo's ending could be modified by using the other version of the Zanretsuken that knocks up on the last blow and the taunt animation canceled in to Haoh-Ken Super or Ougi Super (the player gained another stock at the end so I think he could have done this and won nicely).

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2010, 06:07:09 PM »
He really deserved to win that round. He could have done either DM after the EX Zanretsuken and taken out his opponent. The extra Zanretsuken was definitely flashy, though.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2010, 02:56:36 AM »
He won the whole match anyway. He might be saving stocks for Leona and all.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2010, 02:10:29 AM »
Here's a way to start his HD combo without using any power gauges even against crouching characters (since hcb+D will miss most characters crouching)

(corner) C -> f+A -> BC -> D -> qcf+A -> dp+C -> DC qcf+A -> [dp+C -> DC qcf+A -> qcf+A]x3 -> finisher

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2010, 05:26:14 AM »

I knew I wasn't seeing things. C version of Kou'ken can negate projectiles even if it's too near already. Also a good combo a few seconds later.

And I'll just put this here for the lulz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt9JyZtJyY0#t=4m20s

Violent Ryo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2010, 10:47:58 AM »
I'm really liking Kou'ken more and more.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2010, 01:32:31 AM »
Ok so I've been playing Ryo for a couple months now, and what I've found to be his most effective weapon is his Kohken.this move IMO, sets up a good deal of your offense and is a great defensive tool.

Though Ryo's fireball is not a fullscreen forward progressing projectile this is in no way a weakness. When you use Ryo Consider his projectile to be a shell that expands and contracts accordingly to the right situations, and Fireball A,C, and ex versions maintian it

the facts are
1. the fireball itself has a much larger hit box than it appears, especially when using the A version which looks deceptively small, and often catching as an anti air

2. the fireball knocks down on any version, which is huge in resetting your position, or transitioning into rushdown

3. blockstun and recovery on the A version is really good, especially in the corner to set up  mix up situations, blockstun on C version is also great long distance but can be punished with a fast move if you decide to do it close range. however if you wiff C version Kohken It can be punished even from long distance from plenty of characters, K' comes to mind, and this is the version people are hoping to jump over or roll through to punish you for a fat combo.

4.  ex version comes out really fast and has invincibility, and you recover before they do so  I usually use this move to throw the opponent off from reading my patterns since its not expected, also a good and safe option to use to get out of K's fireball traps in the corner 

Now with all these uses for the fireballs it sets up everything from being easier to predict when to parry, mix in uppercuts,  set up jumps for anti airs, or super, EX super.

He also has a very effective fireball trap in the corner with A, EX version, and even C version with particular spacing to bait the other person to stick something out then follow up with a parry or uppercut.

The downside though is that against against maybe one particular character (Chin!!) the fireball game becomes  a dangerous game to play with his low to the ground size, and moves make him invulnerable to the fireballs since majority of the hit box is lower middle to high and makes it really easy for chin to penetrate your defense.

now with all that said and done I would like to state that I am not a top player, or expert Ryo user, but I have dedicated much time into this game and I feel that at the very least I can Interpret when something a character I've been using has a high success rate against other talented players, so hopefully this is something of interest
" you fight well in the old style"

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2010, 02:24:22 AM »
The downside though is that against against maybe one particular character (Chin!!) the fireball game becomes  a dangerous game to play with his low to the ground size, and moves make him invulnerable to the fireballs since majority of the hit box is lower middle to high and makes it really easy for chin to penetrate your defense.

It's all good, you don't play many Chins do you? 

BTW, good write up.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2010, 08:12:23 AM »
Thnx that match up is so weird lol

Violent Ryo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2010, 09:12:34 AM »
Thanks for the write up MP, can't wait to spam Kou'ken ^_^

I haven't been seeing it in the matches on YT but Ryo can double DragonPunch like Ryu in SFIV, especially if the first one counters.  If it does then you may be able to get more creative.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 09:14:40 AM by Violent Ryo »

krazykone123

« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2010, 05:55:46 PM »
Just added to the wiki

==Combos==

*cr.Bx2, cr.A, hcb+B/qcf+AC

*cr.B, cr.C, special attack

*cr. B, cr. A / cl.C, hcb + BD, f b f+A/ qcf hcb+AC

*cl.C, hcb+D (standing opponents only)

st.C, f+A, qcf hcb+P

===HD Combos===

'''1 Power Gauge'''

*[HD] cl.D, dp+AC, (HDC) qcf+Ax2, dp+C, (HDC) qcf+Ax2, dp+C, (HDC) qcf+A, dp+C, (HDC) qcf+Ax2, dp+C, (HDC) qcf+Ax2, f b f+A
*[HD] cl.D, qcf+A, dp+C, (HDC) qcf+A, dp+C, (HDC) qcf+Ax2, dp+C, (HDC) qcf+Ax2, dp+C, (HDC) qcfx2+A, dp+C, (HDC) qcf+A, qcf hcb+P

'''2 Power Gauges'''
*[HD] cl.D, dp+AC, (HDC) qcf+Ax2, dp+C, (HDC) qcf+Ax2, dp+C, (HDC) qcf+Ax2, dp+C, (HDC) qcf+Ax2, dp+C, (HDC) qcf hcb+P
*[HD] cl.D, qcf+A, dp+C, (HDC) qcf+A, dp+C, (HDC) qcf+Ax2, dp+C, (HDC) qcf+Ax2, dp+C, (HDC) qcf+Ax2, dp+C, (HDC) qcf+Ax2, qcf hcb+AC

'''3 Power Gauges'''
*[HD] cl.D, f+A, hcb+BD, dp+C, (HDC) hcb+D, dp+C, (HDC) hcb+D, dp+C, (HDC) f b f+AC, dp+C, (HDC) qcf+Ax2, qcf hcb+P
*[HD] cl.D, qcf+A, dp+C, (HDC) qcf+A, dp+C, (HDC) qcf+Ax2, dp+C, (HDC) qcf+Ax2, dp+C, (HDC) qcf+Ax2, dp+C, (HC) qcfx2+AC

'''4 Power Gauges'''
*[HD] cl.D, f+A, hcb+BD, dp+C, (HDC) hcb+D, dp+C, (HDC) hcb+D, dp+C, (HDC) f b f+AC, dp+C, (HDC) qcf+Ax2, qcf hbc+AC

'''5 Power Gauges'''
*[HD] cl.D, dp+AC, (HDC) qcf+Ax2, dp+C, (HDC) qcf+Ax2, dp+C, (HDC) qcf+Ax2, qcf hcb+P, (MC) qcfx2+AC

I'm sure a lot of these are corner only, feel free to correct me on anything that doesn't look right.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2010, 08:23:54 AM »
I haven't been seeing it in the matches on YT but Ryo can double DragonPunch like Ryu in SFIV, especially if the first one counters.  If it does then you may be able to get more creative.
I've tried it with no success, although it could still be possible its definitely not gonna be ryu SFIV status cuz that particular situation comes up alot in that game, corner would be your only and best bet. Reason being c version is the only DP really with any horizontal movement but its very minimal and it has too much start up to connect midscreen on a counter