Author Topic: KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving 2012  (Read 188078 times)

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving 2012
« Reply #345 on: September 19, 2012, 02:36:59 PM »
Terry just need Power Dunk+Break. Ralf just needs his SAB, and maybe Ralf Charge. Ryo really needs his Renbuken and Moko Raijin Setsu.

No need for an additional version of those characters.

Only character that warrants an EX version imo is Robert and his charge style from 99/00 and NGBC.

I agree with you here but I am not sure about EX Robert. They need to bring other characters rather than EX ones.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 19, 2012, 10:34:10 PM »
NGBC Robert would be interesting.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #347 on: September 19, 2012, 10:53:16 PM »
If we have NGBC Robert, then we need NGBC Mr.Karate... and he was pretty much identical to 2k2 Ryo initially, except he could also do 2k2 Takuma's Hien, he had Koho Shippuken back, Butt's Kyokugen Koho (Which Mr.Karate in XIII also has) and his Moko Raijin Setsu could OTG. I dunno if that's enough to justify an EX version, unless they amped it up and gave him the aerial firebal and some other stuff, like made cr.B, cr.C a chain like it was in XI, dropped his parries and brought back Biru Bin Kiri, Ryoute Tsuki, then made Tenchi Haoh Ken into a DM/SDM which did more damage on counter-hit and SDM version guaranteed dizzy.

Although I'd rather see regular Ryo get beefed up in someway... I really want the Renbuken back most of all.

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 19, 2012, 11:40:17 PM »
Ewe. I hated Charge version Robert. That was disgusting.

Charge Robert is amazing dude, especially his slide command normal. NGBC Robert was also really cool.

I like the 2001 version the best. Mixed of charged version normals and inputs. Only thing I don't like is the unblockable and flying rapid kicks have reverse inputs.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 20, 2012, 12:18:32 AM »
Don't know if this is promising but it revived my hopes for a new sequel :P

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 20, 2012, 12:29:46 AM »
I'd welcome an HDR of CVS2 but I really don't want to see Terry being destroyed by Capcom with comeback mechanics and easy inputs.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
  • Lame puns are long gone
    • View Profile
    • Techno Panic Fighting Game Project
« Reply #351 on: September 20, 2012, 12:33:56 AM »
Don't know if this is promising but it revived my hopes for a new sequel :P

This is a good sign. (I love CVS2 as a fighting game and I still play it competitively... but, I really want the SNK characters to have a little more say so - I recall in the first CVS that the SNK characters were nerfed like hell - even going as far as missing SIGNATURE moves of all things.
I still believe that CVS2 is a solid fighting game in itself). Should this be true on the American side of things... I'm going to play the living hell out of this game for sure - KOFXIII and TTT2 included with KOFXIII (and the rest of the series) being my top priority!! I'll even go as far as play SNK characters exclusively to showcase their awesomeness on CVS2! All I hope for is that there is that Capcom will either simply leave the game alone itself or simply give a few SNK characters a buff (though that would be wishful thinking anyhow, a man can dream).

But, at this point, all I really prefer is a sequel from SNKP's perspective (i.e. SVC2, KOF14, KOFXIIIUM, or something along those lines) while keeping CVS2 as if it were a brand new source for online matches and more huge tournament scenes!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 12:37:37 AM by Great_Dark_Hero »

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
  • Lame puns are long gone
    • View Profile
    • Techno Panic Fighting Game Project
« Reply #352 on: September 20, 2012, 12:38:36 AM »
I'd welcome an HDR of CVS2 but I really don't want to see Terry being destroyed by Capcom with comeback mechanics and easy inputs.
I can not help but to feel the same way, man...

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 20, 2012, 03:15:51 AM »
It is weird that one of their most requested games ends up as a PS2, non-online port. They're probably starting to test the waters to gauge interest. Maybe we get an online port down the road, but I also fear a new SNK crossover from Capcom now. Technically, I think SFxT was supposed to be this gens CvS2, but obviously got bizarro-world reception.

Wonder when the western release will come, and if they'll even announce it.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Eckertmania

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 20, 2012, 03:52:27 AM »
CVS2 was before I really wanted to learn how to play fighting games, and I've heard and seen so many good things about this game that I hope this comes out stateside and it gives a whole new generation of fighting game players a chance at a really good game.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #355 on: September 20, 2012, 06:22:05 AM »
The "Alpha" characters in CvS2 were stupid and so many of the SNK characters suck horribly, mainly since many of them have few properly cancelable/comboable moves. A few months back I tried playing Benimaru and I'm like... wtf... couldn't combo into anything with him and the moves that do combo don't even combo right.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 20, 2012, 09:18:42 AM »
^ Yeah SNK characters are horribly inferior to Capcom's but that port shows that the companies have interactions today. Let's hope for the best. A new sequel or even an HD remake of CvS2 will give SNKp more exposure and If CvS3 sucks like SFxT at least some casuals will learn about SNKp's existance.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 20, 2012, 03:54:05 PM »
I think that the interaction was never left, but this game doesn't means necesarily that they are talking since capcom has released this game in like 2010 for ps2 and nobody thought that they were returning

At most I think that they are testing the waters, or are just cashing more in a release of a game

That being said, a CVS 3 now could be cool since Capcom isn't making FG for themselves, they could hire SNKP and work a lucrative deal that could benefit them at the same time, since I don't see lucrative or viable at this moment releasing and CVS and SVC at the same time

Waifu Material

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 20, 2012, 05:47:16 PM »
Just to throw it out there. The company who made SVC Match of the Millennium was DIMPS from what I heard. DIMPS did a pretty good job there. It might be interesting to see what they could do with a home system game in CVS3. Though I personally more look forward to a SVC2 or a SVCUM. 
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 20, 2012, 08:15:38 PM »
They censored Mai.

Maybe it's not censorship.

Maybe in the storyline, Mai got promoted to a higher rank of ninja and this is the new costume she has to wear.

That would actually be interesting to see...