Author Topic: KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving 2012  (Read 186602 times)

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving 2012
« Reply #315 on: September 17, 2012, 08:11:08 AM »
No Drive Gauge, No HD Mode, No EX moves, No Max/Dream Cancels. Just honest to goodness KOF.

I think with the way KOF is right now, it's way too meter dependent, and without meter, combo's do not do much damage, compared to in the older games where damage intake was much higher without having to spend meter.

The idea of "honest to goodness KOF" is not something I totally agree with; basically it means people just want to play "98". One of the best things about KOF has been it's willingness to experiment with new features. Usually what makes it good or not is the balance it receives in characters and systems, which is why XIII is among the more highly regarded. It would be good to have a mode like 98 advanced, probably the most standard mode in KOF now, as an option instead of the only way to play. And I get away with playing XIII like it's 98 anyway; you work harder, but it does work.

I totally agree here.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 17, 2012, 09:28:45 AM »
HD mode/EX moves should stay! If ppl don't like that they can always play 98 UM.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #317 on: September 17, 2012, 04:05:51 PM »
Except the latest version of 98UM (Final Edition) isn't available anywhere.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 17, 2012, 09:23:21 PM »
From what I remembered, Counter mode basically gave you unlimited DM's for a short duration and a power boost, and if I recall correctly, DM's had no super freeze, they came out instantly. You could also cancel into DM's off specials, but it was practically useless because they would never connect.

2k2's Max Mode, now that's a poor man's HD mode, the cancel rules for moves were more strict, and loops were more uncommon, but it really didn't matter, the goal with Max Mode really was to hit a SDM or Max2 which is where the brunt of the damage came from.

You're probably right. Shows how long it's been since I really played 99/00.  Well a 2k2 mode and Armor Mode then would be nice. Personally I think Armor mode could be a good way to block a last second comeback from XIII mode since the character doesn't launch easily in that mode and can attack easier w/o the fear of missing one move and being killed for one mistake.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 09:25:36 PM by Mr Bakaboy »
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #319 on: September 17, 2012, 09:40:30 PM »
If you played 2000 more, you'd hate armor mode, trust me.

Sure you still take damage, but everything you do is armored. You think about how you can exploit that fact with some characters with extremely fast abuseable normals, or really good specials, and the stuff you could do is crazy. You also gotta take the Counter Hit damage bonus into consideration. I've seen some CMV's using Armor Mode and there is some insane (although situational) stuff that it makes possible.

If there's one thing SNK deserves credit for, it's coming up with new stuff nobody else thought up of at the time, regardless of how ridiculous of an idea it might be put into practice.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 09:42:14 PM by Running Wild »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 17, 2012, 10:16:13 PM »
2000 Was a pretty broken pos as well.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #321 on: September 17, 2012, 10:41:23 PM »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 17, 2012, 10:52:33 PM »
I went on GGPO and immediately some Brazillian dude trolled me with a Vanessa infinite. Two other players were content to troll as well so I said fuck it.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 18, 2012, 07:43:26 AM »
WHY IS IT SO DEAD?

You'd think someone died.

Holy fuck.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #324 on: September 18, 2012, 07:52:15 AM »
Someone did die.

KOFXIII.

lol

Back to Real Bout 2, now that's a mans game.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 18, 2012, 12:17:43 PM »
If you played 2000 more, you'd hate armor mode, trust me.

Sure you still take damage, but everything you do is armored. You think about how you can exploit that fact with some characters with extremely fast abuseable normals, or really good specials, and the stuff you could do is crazy. You also gotta take the Counter Hit damage bonus into consideration. I've seen some CMV's using Armor Mode and there is some insane (although situational) stuff that it makes possible.

If there's one thing SNK deserves credit for, it's coming up with new stuff nobody else thought up of at the time, regardless of how ridiculous of an idea it might be put into practice.

Actually I played 2000 quite a bit. It was the first new game I bought for the Neo Geo AES when it 1st came out. Problem is I only played friends on it and we never get too serious in exploiting the crap on it. Especially strikers alone was ridiculous enough. Have nightmares of the crap Joe could do on there. After a year with the shenanagins of 00 I was happy to switch to 01.

That does kill my dream of having a system that negates the touch of death crap in XIII. Think I'll go sulk in the corner.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #326 on: September 18, 2012, 02:25:21 PM »
yeah it is particularly quiet for some reason; there hasn't been a post on SRK XIII for like a couple days now as well.

Season's Beatings is coming around this weekend, though so get hype for that. Should spark a lot of discussion depending on what MAD_KoF brings to the table this time around. But oh shit I guess this is news? Per MAD_KoF's Twitter, Lacid is coming with him. WE GOT SNAPS.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 02:30:34 PM by MezzoForte »
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 18, 2012, 04:49:19 PM »
guys what is KOF III ? Is it a 3rd port of the iphone game? At the bottom it says KOF 3D. I am confused:S

http://slot.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof3/

EDIT: NVM I did a better search lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNty6yZg8FY&feature=player_embedded#!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 04:51:58 PM by Eripio69 »

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #328 on: September 18, 2012, 08:10:40 PM »
They censored Mai.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 18, 2012, 08:43:59 PM »
This is depressing. They found out about making easy money on apple devices and no future arcade/console game news:(