Author Topic: KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving 2012  (Read 188388 times)

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2012, 02:35:06 AM »
SBO ain't what it used to be for sure but I really think it's still an important tournament and it's been getting a lot more hate than it should. In regards to the game selection its still pretty good overall and your never gonna find a consensus on what should and shouldn't be selected (Outside of places like this since i'm sure everyone here will say KOF XIII should've been included).

My vote for new thread name KOF XIII 8th General Thread: Episode 2 Bala Strikes Back
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2012, 02:47:54 AM »
My vote for new thread name KOF XIII 8th General Thread: Episode 2 Bala Strikes Back
Not bad, but that'd be Episode 5.

Best I got is KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2012, 03:25:17 AM »
Not bad, but that'd be Episode 5.

Best I got is KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving

Actually that would be a good title for an XIII final edition. The king of fighters xiii EVOlution !

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2012, 06:21:46 AM »
Gotta show the KOF love with a fist bump.

yamazaky96

• Strongest Tiger
  • Drunken fist
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi team Page
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2012, 10:06:58 AM »
What about KOF XIII: the dark game rises...!

UAE's KOF casuals and tournaments
www.youtube.com/user/yamazaky96

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving 2012
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2012, 11:00:15 AM »
Question on the video on front page about guard crush. This works only when the enemy does not have a stock to counter it right?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2012, 12:26:24 PM »
Question on the video on front page about guard crush. This works only when the enemy does not have a stock to counter it right?

Of course.

KLSADAKO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2012, 01:00:22 PM »
Did anyone else here see Tokido's Claw Iori combo where he did 800+  off his ex grab then went into HD.. 
that was pretty sick.. and something i dun see very often in high level play  :)

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2012, 03:11:20 PM »
Guys on elizabeth's character forum it says that she cant link a normal from her qcb+P. I put the dummy on block all and make it spam heavy punch and when I counter it with qcb+p I can perfectly land a heavy punch. Can someone make clear this for me since I am trying to practice with her?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2012, 08:01:02 PM »

I should also remind people that in terms of guard gauges, Maxima and Goro have 150, Clark and Ralf have 125, everyone else has 100.

Guys on elizabeth's character forum it says that she cant link a normal from her qcb+P. I put the dummy on block all and make it spam heavy punch and when I counter it with qcb+p I can perfectly land a heavy punch. Can someone make clear this for me since I am trying to practice with her?

Try it with to set it so that the computer hits you with a light hit, see if that makes a difference.  I distinctly remember testing her counter out at Atlus but maybe they changed it in the final build.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 08:08:16 PM by Kane317 »

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2012, 08:46:06 PM »

I should also remind people that in terms of guard gauges, Maxima and Goro have 150, Clark and Ralf have 125, everyone else has 100.

Try it with to set it so that the computer hits you with a light hit, see if that makes a difference.  I distinctly remember testing her counter out at Atlus but maybe they changed it in the final build.

Yup you are right .. It cant connect from lights but heavys do work.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2012, 10:07:52 PM »
<-- needs advice!

My second character is Elizabeth and my 3rd is Leona. I really need a good battery character to build meter for Elizabeth. Any suggestions? I used to have leona first but every time she is taken out Elizabeth starts with 0 stock!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 11:51:20 PM by Eripio69 »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2012, 12:15:39 AM »
Ryo, Terry, the EX characters, Kyo, Clark, Ash, Saiki, Mai, and Beni.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2012, 12:43:52 AM »
i put liz on my team recently too. my point character is andy. there are plenty of good point characters to choose from. im not sure to who suggest. maybe king or andy?

a good battery will help but it doesnt make much difference if any without good meter management. andy is a great battery and i used to have that problem with my 2nd always coming out with nothing. i would blow way too much stocks on EX dp and EX fb and spend my drive when im about to get KOed. 2nd comes out with nothing, opponent heals up from the drive that was just spent.

that said, i think liz does very well in that crappy situation compared to other characters. she does good damage with little meter and builds it back up quickly too.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2012, 12:49:43 AM »

I'll add to the top list. Hwa builds meter fast but it's better if you spend it with him; Andy, King, Kim, Billy, Dou Lon, Kensou.

Guys what do you prefer the current grab of the game or a command for the grab like in XII? Personally I'd prefer the a command button less random in my opinion and makes the game more strategic.

So what do you think guys?