Author Topic: KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving 2012  (Read 186645 times)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving 2012
« Reply #705 on: December 23, 2012, 08:34:02 AM »
im exstatic about kof13's success, but people please know its SNK we are dealing with here. They have never released 2 GREAT kof's after each other. The one is always really bad and the following super good. except for 97/98 , it was a good year. Anyway i digress, HOLDING THUMBS FOR KOF15

Biggest difference now is that KOF isn't a yearly-updated series anymore, so they can take their time to create a good game every 2 or 3 years (two I'm hoping moreso), but with the next entry being a dream match probably, and the time they can give it to develop, I think we won't have to worry much about the good/bad cycle. I don't believe all of those are bad, but I wasn't always competitive either.

And that poll honestly confirmed what I thought it would; most players like exposure more than anything for a game they like. Learning most things from streams symbolizes that players like to learn things visually over just text (understandable), and they like to judge a game's viablilty/relevance in the FG community from # of/type of streams out there. It would be great, and almost necessary at this point to match the visual teaching that TTT2, AE and Marvel are getting now, in order to get more people. I want to say the difficulty-level of XIII is a weak issue at best now; there's a bigger reward in XIII that you'll get sooner from XIII over some of the popular games (very much my experience/opinion).

I do hope we can give the public exactly what they'd want to play more KOF soon.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Malik

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: December 23, 2012, 05:53:24 PM »
im exstatic about kof13's success, but people please know its SNK we are dealing with here. They have never released 2 GREAT kof's after each other. The one is always really bad and the following super good. except for 97/98 , it was a good year. Anyway i digress, HOLDING THUMBS FOR KOF15

Biggest difference now is that KOF isn't a yearly-updated series anymore, so they can take their time to create a good game every 2 or 3 years (two I'm hoping moreso), but with the next entry being a dream match probably, and the time they can give it to develop, I think we won't have to worry much about the good/bad cycle. I don't believe all of those are bad, but I wasn't always competitive either.

And that poll honestly confirmed what I thought it would; most players like exposure more than anything for a game they like. Learning most things from streams symbolizes that players like to learn things visually over just text (understandable), and they like to judge a game's viablilty/relevance in the FG community from # of/type of streams out there. It would be great, and almost necessary at this point to match the visual teaching that TTT2, AE and Marvel are getting now, in order to get more people. I want to say the difficulty-level of XIII is a weak issue at best now; there's a bigger reward in XIII that you'll get sooner from XIII over some of the popular games (very much my experience/opinion).

I do hope we can give the public exactly what they'd want to play more KOF soon.

And on this topic, yesterday in NY, we had KOFXIII return to the Team St1ckbug Fighting Game series and in an attempt to fight all the internet/equipment issues we were faced with, me & Bloom of the Wolf (Saika/Yui) attempted to feed the stream with informative play-by-play commentary while trying to be hype as well. Didn't end up so well because of steam issues as stated before, but some people were stating that us breaking down situations actually helped them understand the game since it was visual & was being done live.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: December 26, 2012, 07:38:14 AM »
Holy shit, SNK has spoken:

SNK Playmore: 2013 will mark a great charge for Metal Slug.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=505561

KOF-style rebirth incoming?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 07:41:28 AM by Diavle »

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: December 26, 2012, 10:38:49 AM »
Turning Metal Slug into a fighting game with Wayforward doing Double Dragon Neon Style music.  GET HAIP!

Double Dragon Neon - mission 4 - airlock - (billy and the breakers - firebird)

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: December 26, 2012, 05:09:49 PM »
Metal Slug! YEAH!

Though that detracts from their fighting game schedule..

@Homies; That's possibly the softest get-hype song ever. Not in a good way, if there could even be one.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: December 28, 2012, 06:00:14 AM »
Turning Metal Slug into a fighting game with Wayforward doing Double Dragon Neon Style music.  GET HAIP!

Double Dragon Neon - mission 4 - airlock - (billy and the breakers - firebird)[url]
that doesn't sound like "glad i am" you done goofed kid

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: December 28, 2012, 10:53:13 PM »
Well, that sucked.

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: December 28, 2012, 10:57:35 PM »
YESSS MY DREAM HAS COME TRUE!!!!!

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
  • Lame puns are long gone
    • View Profile
    • Techno Panic Fighting Game Project
« Reply #714 on: December 28, 2012, 11:11:45 PM »
I am confused.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: December 29, 2012, 02:13:12 AM »
I am confused.

SNK Playmore is in the pachinko business so its nothing unusual, in their last pachinko game they used Fatal Fury.

Doubt this pachinko game has anything to do with their mission statement for 2013.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 02:15:15 AM by Diavle »

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: December 29, 2012, 02:41:07 AM »
My bet is that it will be a game similar to call of duty, just a little cartoonish with funny weapons.

Unless they go for a sequel to the previous MS for PSN and XBL. I dont see a metalslug being a full price game.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: December 29, 2012, 09:04:56 AM »
Metal Slug will be turned into a cover based shooter!

Also, MORE PACHINKO GAEMS GAIS!!!

Fuck SNK.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: December 29, 2012, 03:33:47 PM »

Regardless about the pachinkos.

I am still hopeful that they will deliver.

Zen Woo

• New Challenger
  • Tournament Organizer
    • View Profile
    • Team|Frontera Blogspot
« Reply #719 on: December 29, 2012, 04:58:01 PM »
Metal Slug will be turned into a cover based shooter!

Also, MORE PACHINKO GAEMS GAIS!!!

Fuck SNK.

What?

what's a Pachinko?

I have been always fan of Metal Slug, and I feel like they were searching for some big change as the game wasn't selling as they wanted for having the same old school 2D one way shoot them out. The jump is too big, and I agree that MS is not a full price game or even a console game, I prefer playing it in an Arcade cabinet.