Author Topic: KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving 2012  (Read 186625 times)

Light13

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving 2012
« Reply #750 on: January 09, 2013, 08:24:43 PM »
Yeah players from other countries is one of the reasons EVO is so hype.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: January 10, 2013, 01:20:06 AM »
Guess what game is officially back at EVO this year...

Mr. Wizard did one hell of a troll with SFXT though. Everyone including Skisonic thought it was XIII and then boom, tears.

Though liking to see so many games getting support at EVO, after thinking it was only going to be 5 games at EVO, to hear MK and SFxT overtake P4A and KOF, the SFxT thing almost had me ranting "Fuck EVO; don't even try to do a side-tournament." Wouldn't have meant it, but still.

Yeah players from other countries is one of the reasons EVO is so hype.

Very true, but still hoping America levels up to the Top 8 or 4, even GF from SoCal or Chicago players.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 10, 2013, 01:35:49 AM »
I don't really care that SFxT is coming back... let them set themselves up for another unhype tournament if they want to.

MK9, on the other hand... there's no excuse for that still being there. I really don't know why they still bother with that game.

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
  • Lame puns are long gone
    • View Profile
    • Techno Panic Fighting Game Project
« Reply #753 on: January 10, 2013, 01:58:18 AM »
The games I'm forward to for sure are definitely KOFXIII and P4A. I can not wait to see what is in store for those two!

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 10, 2013, 01:59:40 AM »
With XIII returning, who's planning on going to EVO now?
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: January 10, 2013, 02:15:22 AM »
we all know ponies will be the hypest thing at evo this year

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 10, 2013, 02:56:58 AM »
we all know ponies will be the hypest thing at evo this year

For me the ponies/bronies/MLP hype could easily end at the money raised for that charity, and that's if they make it.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Zen Woo

• New Challenger
  • Tournament Organizer
    • View Profile
    • Team|Frontera Blogspot
« Reply #757 on: January 10, 2013, 06:07:33 AM »
as everyone is giving their thoughts about the evo lineup, I would say that list is just the only list that capcom and friends has, so it was expected that SFxT ver 2013 made it to take a spot.

about the troll message that they also sent out wich included the smash community I may say is the perect example of what shoryuken.com has become and why is it full of retarded gamers with all respect for those who are not.

KoFXIII is hype natured, if we can get a decent entry on EVO, the finals will take again number 1 spot just like last year.

KLSADAKO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 10, 2013, 07:03:53 AM »
KOF at evo is gonna be crazy again..

And if Madkof can repeat then IMO that would make him the best kofxiii player ever.. ^^

My darkhorse pick would by Ren.. This guy's EX Iori and Mr Karate are INSANE..

But at the moment there are so many great kofxiii players in Japan and Mexico that are at the top of their game so its going to be a tough one to call.. ^^

Grublet

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving 2012
« Reply #759 on: January 10, 2013, 09:48:26 AM »
I don't really care that SFxT is coming back... let them set themselves up for another unhype tournament if they want to.

MK9, on the other hand... there's no excuse for that still being there. I really don't know why they still bother with that game.
MK9 being at Evo makes perfect sense to me. Like the game or not, their community is dedicated and has been pulling in larger numbers than KOF at majors.

Let's hope for another great year of KOF and hopefully bring in some new blood.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 11, 2013, 02:00:08 AM »
Anyone else wishes that they will give a hint on what SNKp is doing on the upcoming tourney they sponsor?

I am so hyped for the japanese tourney. They seem to play a lot different than US players. They are not saving meters for big HD combos. When they see an opportunity to spend meter they take it!

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: January 11, 2013, 04:03:54 AM »
Anyone else wishes that they will give a hint on what SNKp is doing on the upcoming tourney they sponsor?

I am so hyped for the japanese tourney. They seem to play a lot different than US players. They are not saving meters for big HD combos. When they see an opportunity to spend meter they take it!

We're all wondering about SNKP's next big move, and hopefully everyone is hyped for that SNKP-sponsored tournament. Not sure if it's supposed to be separate from the Korea vs Japan matches this weekend, but I'll be watching either way.

There is a distinct style to the Japanese play, and I think they're improving a lot too. Hope to see what they can do outside of Japan with bigger tournaments.

MK9 being at Evo makes perfect sense to me. Like the game or not, their community is dedicated and has been pulling in larger numbers than KOF at majors.

Let's hope for another great year of KOF and hopefully bring in some new blood.

True, the MK community is still putting up # showing their dedication, something I hope our community is, or can aspire to.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Light13

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 11, 2013, 10:45:05 AM »
Didn't know about the Korea vs Japan this weekend. I thought the CafeId guys were just trying to qualify for KCE cup more matches too enjoy so thats good.

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 11, 2013, 12:04:09 PM »
Didn't know about the Korea vs Japan this weekend. I thought the CafeId guys were just trying to qualify for KCE cup more matches too enjoy so thats good.
Anyone have more details?
SNKPlaymore and Famitsu's Enterbrain are officially cooperating with one of the first KOF13 tournaments of this year to be held in Japan. This Special Tournament will be held on Jan 14 at a venue in Nishinippori Versus. The registration details & page will be opened in 1-2 days so we'll probably get more details soon.
So... what about this page and infos.?

Can anyone give us more détails about what's going on in Japan... lol

Edit:
Not this again! At least, do it for Silver members too!! :/
The last tournament Dune held that was streamed on Nico was free to view. Nishinippori Versus tournaments usually get uploaded to youtube no prob as well.
Ok, I'll pay attention then. Thks m8
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 12:09:18 PM by Ky0 »

KoF 4 EVA

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 12, 2013, 06:48:26 AM »
The Professor posted all the info needed to watch the KCE Cup and the SNK tournament (V-1 Final), you guys should probably post it on the front page:

Quick update on the previously mentioned tournament so whatever sites that need this info can pick up on it.

Japan's first major KOF XIII tournament for 2013 "V-1 FINAL" is taking place this weekend with Official support from SNKPlaymore and peripheral maker Qanba. There's going to be a grueling tournament for seeding on the day before as well. The details are finally solid. Here's the lowdown.

- This is the first tournament for KOF13 in Japan that's receiving official support by SNKPlaymore. Qanba is also a supporter as well. (Not sure about Enterbrain, not listed in official site)

- This tournament in conjunction with the KCECup5 seeding tournament taking place the day before makes for the biggest KOFXIII event in Japan yet. Two days of pure KOF.

-EVO Champ MadKOF and Lacid are confirmed as guest players. There will also be a KOREA vs JAPAN 5-on-5 Exhibition featuring them and the top Cafeid players (reportedly Verna, Gutts, Kenssouzang). If things go according to plan, that means there's going to be four EVO finalists at this event. (MadKOF[1st], Verna[3nd], Gutts[4th], Lacid[5th tied w/Romance])

- Rules for both days: 2-on-2 team match, same characters can't be used by teammates, Alt characters are considered separate.

- The event is professionally written and organized to make KOF understandable to even the general non-KOF audience. It's an official NicoNico broadcast to be shot using professional equipment. Dune and Shoki will be commentating. Both days are free for viewing of course (requires login. Make an account).

Stream URL for KCECup5:
http://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv122023437 Preliminaries
http://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv122023787 Top 8 Finals
Preliminaries Starts at 3PM JST on Jan 13 which is around Jan 12(Sat) 10PM pacific in the States.
Top 8 Finals Starts at 5PM JST on Jan 13 which is around Jan 12(Sat) 12 Midnight pacific in the States.
It'll be KOF13 right off the bat. Chances are we'll probably see more players than the officially supported tournament.
Click on the left door when it's time for the event.

This seeding tournament will run in two parts: the preliminaries, then the finals. 6 of the top 8 teams for the finals have already been decided from previous events last year (refer below). Only two of these teams will win seeding for the next day.
Team 1: Kyabetsu(Evo 9th place winner), Koukou
Team 2: Rinomoto, Picnic
Team 3: Ogosho(Two-time SBO champion), Dune
Team 4: Haregoro, Hisa
Team 5: Tenkawa, Myu
Team 6: Nagihey, Gaku
Team 7&8: TBD from preliminaries

Stream URL for V-1 Final
Officially supported by SNKPlaymore and Qanba:
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv121882948
Starts at noon JST on Jan 14 which is around Jan 13(Sun) 7PM pacific in the States.
The first hours will be an 02UM tournament, then the XIII tourney. (schedule subject to change)
The Korea vs Japan 5on5 will be at the very end of the event.
This event is slated to run for a total of 10 whopping hours.
Click on the left door when it's time for the event.
Official site here for anyone that wants to grab the logo.