Author Topic: KOF XIII 9th General Thread: New Year, New EVO, New Challenges in 2013  (Read 52337 times)

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 9th General Thread: New Year, New EVO, New Challenges in 2013
« Reply #150 on: July 02, 2013, 05:56:27 AM »
I don't know the exact numbers but pretty sure KoF had over 1000 entrants last year but a lot of people entered for the free t-shirt.

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 02, 2013, 09:14:48 AM »
1072 but its hard to know the real numbers because of free t-shirts

KLSADAKO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 02, 2013, 10:28:43 AM »
I remember hearing that around 800 ppl showed up for pools..

I think it has done alrite this year, it has more entries than newer games like Tag2 and P4..

Remember SFxT had a update version which a lot of ppl did like and meant for less time outs..

I'm surprised with Injustice I thought it would break 900..

The kof pools look stacked.. alot of names will be going home early ^^

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #153 on: July 02, 2013, 07:18:06 PM »
looks like MAD_KoF and Poongko are sponsored by Razer now? Pretty cool.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #154 on: July 02, 2013, 08:23:28 PM »
Are people really surprised and disappointed at the number of registrants KOFXIII got for EVO? If you are, then why didn't you sign-up and register to make the numbers higher than you thought they would be? Also, as mentioned before the large number of registrants from last year mainly came from a t-shirt with a quarter (or more) of those people not showing up to their pools...and the fact that it was a new game and first KOF on the main stage.

We got lucky to have a second chance at EVO this year...it may not comeback next year. Plus, 430 (or whatever) isn't bad, there might be better matches and competition due to the smaller numbers. The large number last year probably had 70% scrubs and fanboys with the 30% of good high level players.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 08:25:53 PM by Desmond Delaghetto »
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 03, 2013, 06:01:35 AM »
There being less entrants for kof is a bad thing, but probably not as bad as it seems. It seems like alot of good players are going to show up and the quality of the matches are probably going to be good. The initial hype is gone (long gone i guess) and i'm sure alot of players fear the skillgap between them and "the pros".

Psn seems more active than ever with players new to kof and good players i've never played against before, atleast in europe the game seems to be growing nicely.

I think evo will be great to watch for kof fans and i don't think the numbers should be seen as a sign of things turning bad.

Malik

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 03, 2013, 04:50:45 PM »
Are people really surprised and disappointed at the number of registrants KOFXIII got for EVO? If you are, then why didn't you sign-up and register to make the numbers higher than you thought they would be? Also, as mentioned before the large number of registrants from last year mainly came from a t-shirt with a quarter (or more) of those people not showing up to their pools...and the fact that it was a new game and first KOF on the main stage.

We got lucky to have a second chance at EVO this year...it may not comeback next year. Plus, 430 (or whatever) isn't bad, there might be better matches and competition due to the smaller numbers. The large number last year probably had 70% scrubs and fanboys with the 30% of good high level players.

^
There would have been more players but circumstances come up disabling players such as myself & others to not make it & the final number count after the T-Shirt monsters is about accurate but that's a good sign of the percentage of our actual players. If we want to see our game next year then we have to continue to support it by any means & everyone should try to get out to EVO next year.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #157 on: July 03, 2013, 05:46:07 PM »

There would have been more players but circumstances come up disabling players such as myself & others to not make it & the final number count after the T-Shirt monsters is about accurate but that's a good sign of the percentage of our actual players. If we want to see our game next year then we have to continue to support it by any means & everyone should try to get out to EVO next year.

If people can't go due to financial reasons or other obligations then they should not be surprised by the numbers. I feel many people are unfairly comparing this year to last year because of the shirts and the newness of the game being added to EVO. All smaller games that are added have a big boom in numbers their first year, then decrease or don't come back the next year (look at Melty).
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 04, 2013, 07:42:58 AM »
The numbers are lower, but the hype could be bigger with more representation coming out this year. XIII shines and gets hype when there are only good players left, and there isn't really a shortage of those this year, minus really good players in the same pool early on.

Speaking of #s, maybe some new news

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=526038210778009&l=2e7bba85e6

Arcade Shock putting in $1000 pot bonus at EVO for KOF XIII

(Mai & Andy wrote the check)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 07:49:45 AM by solidshark »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Malik

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 04, 2013, 07:58:01 AM »

If people can't go due to financial reasons or other obligations then they should not be surprised by the numbers. I feel many people are unfairly comparing this year to last year because of the shirts and the newness of the game being added to EVO. All smaller games that are added have a big boom in numbers their first year, then decrease or don't come back the next year (look at Melty).

Those people that are judging the #'s in that way probably aren't KOF players that are serious about the game or the community, just spectators that play something else & don't know the reason why but I still think it's a good turnout regardless especially with all the international players. This years' tournament will have better quality matches since it's people who are at least somewhat serious about playing the game & care about it. Hell honestly the Top 8 will probably look better since we've all had time to learn most of (if not all) character matchups so it'll be about players adapting to each other.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 07, 2013, 04:35:01 PM »
I just noticed that holding "the other" punch button while trying to activate mash punches stops them from coming out, i tried holding down a kick button just to see if it differed and yes, kicks do not stop mash punches from coming out. I tried holding A and mashing C as well as holding C and mashing A so it's not a priority thing.

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 08, 2013, 10:26:36 PM »
Sponsors moves??!!
Nice reads here!...
Kof's ways...  Beatiful worlds are beatiful  :)

(Mai & Andy wrote the check)
 LOL!!!  xD
And, for the love of kof (@left)!  xD
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 10:30:55 PM by Ky0 »

KoF 4 EVA

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 09, 2013, 01:54:58 AM »
Kof is the first game on Sunday at 10. Thank god. That's 1 for me. Means more time to do other things after gf is over and there is still daylight outside.

Light13

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 09, 2013, 02:02:43 AM »
I just hope it gets a good crowd and a hype top 8. Hopefully I can get lots of games at EVO.

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #164 on: July 09, 2013, 04:10:03 AM »
just wanted to say that if you missed the Team Lago tournament, check the archives. Some extremely hype matches and the grand finals were insane. I'm not sure if this was described anywhere, but day 1 was the complete tournament and day 2 was all personal matches. Good games all around.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma