Author Topic: K' (Arcade Version)  (Read 46722 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: K'
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2010, 08:47:38 PM »
Doesn't combo if you do qcf+A, only qcf+C will connect after dp+P

Thanks for the clarification, I'm assuming dp+C 1[hit], [DC] qcf+C wouldn't suffice either.

---
It's a cold day in hell for me to post K' stuff but I found this so remarkable I had to break tradition.

Punishing off an anti air d.B lol.  Course the combo itself it's really new, but how he incorporated off a d.B is pretty amazing and something I need to work into my gameplay.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 01:38:22 PM by Kane317 »

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2010, 01:07:07 AM »
Wow that's an awesome combo along with only a far d.B setup

Addition instead of double post
---------------------------------------
As seen in one of the videos in the video thread, K' definitely can do qcf+C, d.B however I tested this and only works when opponent is waking up.

Also during his juggles if you do dp+A -> (DC) qcf+C it will only connect if the dp+A hits the opponent pretty low. Many times it'd come out and whiff if the opponent is too high.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 11:35:03 AM by Ash »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2010, 01:03:20 PM »
Wow that's an awesome combo along with only a far d.B setup

Addition instead of double post
---------------------------------------
As seen in one of the videos in the video thread, K' definitely can do qcf+C, d.B however I tested this and only works when opponent is waking up.

Also during his juggles if you do dp+A -> (DC) qcf+C it will only connect if the dp+A hits the opponent pretty low. Many times it'd come out and whiff if the opponent is too high.

Forgot to mention I tested that specific link again, The Answer said do f~qcf+A (hold A and release as soon as the first hit of the dp+A connects).  I couldn't get it every time but I got it with a 30~40% rate.  The f~qcf+A (hold A) strangely does a dp A instead of his qcf+A.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2010, 01:43:21 PM »
I just do it as hcb, f+A, qcf+C works like a charm

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2010, 02:26:41 PM »
I just do it as hcb, f+A, qcf+C works like a charm

I got that to work my first try, I just wanted to figure out the mechanics of the the sticky method one.

ken_garou

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2010, 09:40:02 AM »
It is quite sad to hear that K' does not have much love here, I am gonna put in more info.

K's bread and butter MUST KNOW combo in versus and can be done anywhere.

1)Jump C or D (optional) , down B , qcf A , fwd D ,  as opponent lands do qcb D , follow by another  qcb D (the slide one and WHIFF) , dp A (one hit) , drivecancel into EX qcb B+D ,  qcb D ( the slide one and   whiffs) ,  Dp+ C

This combo is very damaging using just one powerstock and one drive cancel. It is so much worth it compared to supercancelling dp A ( 2 hits) into his qcf qcf  + P DM.You can compared the damage if you don't believe.  Almost every top player in my arcade use this combo.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2010, 11:55:30 AM »
It is quite sad to hear that K' does not have much love here, I am gonna put in more info.

K's bread and butter MUST KNOW combo in versus and can be done anywhere.

1)Jump C or D (optional) , down B , qcf A , fwd D ,  as opponent lands do qcb D , follow by another  qcb D (the slide one and WHIFF) , dp A (one hit) , drivecancel into EX qcb B+D ,  qcb D ( the slide one and   whiffs) ,  Dp+ C

This combo is very damaging using just one powerstock and one drive cancel. It is so much worth it compared to supercancelling dp A ( 2 hits) into his qcf qcf  + P DM.You can compared the damage if you don't believe.  Almost every top player in my arcade use this combo.

It's great to get some insight from overseas, keep on reporting.

Reality is Ken Garou, the game is only in two arcades in the US, one that has competition, and it's a small group of friends that play that for the most part, don't really touch K' and Raiden (and of course we know how good they are). We've seen most, if not all, the Youtube clips of the XIII matches overseas.

Still, keep giving is input in case we miss something.

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2010, 08:05:13 PM »
Ha ha, top tier guy with the least amount of posts ha ha

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2010, 08:08:00 PM »

Haters gon' hate

krazykone123

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2010, 06:24:19 AM »

But the best wiki page, K' is baller son!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 06:26:52 AM by krazykone123 »

ken_garou

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2010, 10:27:28 PM »
An advanced combo of K' that a few of the top players in SG do in practice mode and EVEN in versus

Jump C or D (optional) , Near C (one hit) , fwd A , BC autodash, Near D , EX qcb BD , qcb D slide followup (whiff) ,      [ dp A (one hit) , HD cancel to qcb D , qcb D slide(whiff) ] x2  ,  dp A (one hit ) , HD cancel to qcf C and followup with fwd D ,  after immediately do fwd A , after it hits , do Dp C (3hits) , then HD cancel into air qcb B. As K lands and touches the ground, do dp A (one hit) and HD cancel into qcf C , and followup with fwd D, then immediately do fwd A again , after it connects , do EX qcf , hcb AC   immediately.

Damage wise for 3 stocks is a lot on this one with a full hyperdrive meter, can be done from midscreen to the corner with no problem. Happy practicing !

Note: While you are in HD mode and if you want to do from Dp A (one hit)  and HD cancel into qcf C , just use this shortcut to prevent the DM qcf qcf C to come out.

Like this : Do Dp A (one hit ) as per normal while you are in HD mode , and very fastly  input fwd + C   in order for qcf +C to come out. Never fails! :)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2011, 01:00:04 AM »
Interestingly after 8months of a horde of K' users, we actually have a slightly modified version of his popular HD combos, here it is: s.C [1hit], f.A, HD, s.C [1hit], f.A, qcb+K, [HDC] Ex qcb+K, dp+A [1hit], [HDC] qcb+K~qcb+K (whiff), dp+C [1hit], [HDC] qcf+A~f+D, f.A, dp+C, [HDC] air.qcb+K, dp+C [1hit], [HDC] qcf+A~f+D, f.A, qcf~hcb+P DM and it does great damage for 2 stocks+HD as well...damn K'.  I'm not too sure about some of the strengths of the buttons so I left them as P or K since I don't use K'.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 07:07:23 AM by Kane317 »

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2011, 05:39:08 AM »
Interestingly after 8months of a horde of K' users, we actually have a slightly modified version of his popular HD combos, here it is: s.C [1hit], f.A, HD, s.C [1hit], f.A, qcb+K, [HDC] Ex qcb+K, dp+A [1hit], [HDC] qcb+K~qcb+K (whiff), dp+C [1hit], [HDC] qcf+A~f+D, f.A, dp+C, [HDC] air.qcb+K, dp+C [1hit], [HDC] qcf+A~f+D, f.A, qcf~hcb+P DM and it does great damage for 2 stocks+HD as well...damn K'.  I'm not too sure about some of the strengths of the buttons so I left them as P or K since I don't use K'.

The first and third dp is A version
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 07:09:16 AM by Kane317 »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2011, 07:09:04 AM »

I fixed the first one to A version, but the third one does 3 hits clearly and according to the Mook only the C version can hit 3 times, no?

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2011, 07:11:00 AM »
Interestingly after 8months of a horde of K' users, we actually have a slightly modified version of his popular HD combos, here it is: s.C [1hit], f.A, HD, s.C [1hit], f.A, qcb+K, [HDC] Ex qcb+K, dp+A [1hit], [HDC] qcb+K~qcb+K (whiff), dp+C [1hit], [HDC] qcf+A~f+D, f.A, dp+C, [HDC] air.qcb+K, dp+C [1hit], [HDC] qcf+A~f+D, f.A, qcf~hcb+P DM and it does great damage for 2 stocks+HD as well...damn K'.  I'm not too sure about some of the strengths of the buttons so I left them as P or K since I don't use K'.

I fixed the first one to A version, but the third one does 3 hits clearly and according to the Mook only the C version can hit 3 times, no?

Oops, I meant the last dp