Author Topic: KOF XIII 10th General Thread: America on Top (@EVO2013), Everyone Back to Work!  (Read 120637 times)

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
So you preferred Clark when his 100% combo was a couple of Gatling Attacks? You know, there's this game called Marvel I think you'd might me interested in...

No I think he just wanted to pointed out he had a gatling loop combo before XIII

EDIT: I challenge you runningwild in real bout 2!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 05:01:07 PM by PureYeti »

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
has snk said anything about letting more people test the beta? the number the have now seems pretty low to get enough reliable information from

also my avatar just went missingno on me and i cant change it

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
My opinion is that they're probably going to not let more people come in. It's late in the beta, if they wanted to draw in a big crowd, they probably should have cranked up the participants in the beginning.

Again, this is all assuming that the people that managed this event knew what they were doing.

It could also go the complete opposite,  letting a huge influx of people play in order to stress test their latest build. However, since it's a P2P connection model, there's nothing to stress test. No servers involved.

Inspectah Ed

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Has anyone on here had the chance to play the beta yet?

STANG

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Why is there barely any feedback from the beta?  Either the sample size is too small or people just aren't posting. there's been what ~10 people that have said anything about their beta experience.  So far the results are mixed with no distinct consensus on the quality of the online.  Some say godlike,  some say just as bad as console, some say a bit better than console.  I would like to know, and I know i'm not the only one, if this version is really worth me spending another 30$ for a console similar experience.

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
Why is there barely any feedback from the beta?  Either the sample size is too small or people just aren't posting. there's been what ~10 people that have said anything about their beta experience.  So far the results are mixed with no distinct consensus on the quality of the online.  Some say godlike,  some say just as bad as console, some say a bit better than console.  I would like to know, and I know i'm not the only one, if this version is really worth me spending another 30$ for a console similar experience.

I'm keeping a log of my connection experiences here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/222940/discussions/6/864977025801351006/

LazieFred's is here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/222940/discussions/6/864977025837541186/

There a few more in the closed beta forum. You may have already read these. You're right, the sample size is too small. There are more than 300 beta testers, but only a tiny handful are active at any given time across the entire world. I haven't encountered any 3-4 bar connections yet, but I can say some 1 and 2 bars are improved over console. That doesn't really mean much though because those connections are still not high quality enough to anti-air on reaction or block some hops and crossups. I was stunned once or twice by Kyo air d.C... brings back console nightmares.

I want people to buy this game, but I have to be brutally honest - this is no rollback netcode and SNKP's refusal to adopt one means you'll probably be relegated to playing people within 1,000 miles of you. I do believe those connections will be smoother and less laggy than console. Pings of 50ms and under should theoretically play very good.

As far other aspects of the beta, it's basically just a straight port of the 360 version. No spectator mode, no real lobbies or other quality of life improvements. It seems they're focused exclusively on the netcode but it is and forever will be delay-based. Since this is still a beta the quality might improve before release, but the best we can hope for is SF4 level netcode and it's not quite there yet. If you're worried about the money/getting burned, wait until a week or two after release when we have a sense of the final product.

There's also the chance some nerds might hack in a better netcode after release.
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

LoyalSol

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Has anyone on here had the chance to play the beta yet?

I've been playing it since the first day.

So far it has been seeming pretty decent although I would like a few more people on the beta so we have a wider range of connections to try out.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Got a key yesterday, only had 1 bar matches, but they're okay.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
I don't think I will be able to test the beta anytime soon. I tried to install a new gfx card in my PC which caused my old power supply unit to power surge and fry 2 of my hard drives. Right now I'm trying to get parts to fix them both so hopefully I'll be up and running when the game releases. Sucks.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
So far, either by luck or for other reasons, I've not played anyone in my state. I have played people from Mexico, Washington, New York, Columbia, Japan, Mississippi, Canada, and everywhere in between. Most of the states surrounding me have been 3 bar connections. There have been slight slow downs here and there, but nothing really major.

For 3 bar connections, I've had an easier time timing combos. I'd say there's maybe a 3-4F delay there. 1 bar and 2 bar connections have a little under 10F. Being modest, I'd say atleast 7F of delay in a 1 bar connection. For a more real-world representation, if I play a 3 bar connection, you can hear the clack of the button you pressed as you see the animation of the move beginning. In a 1 bar connection, the sound is echoing through the machine, but has passed by the time an animation comes out. It's fairly noticeable. So far, I have not had problems with movement, but there have been some connections that have made it difficult to block high speed manuevers like cross up setups. But it's good enough that if you make an adjustment to the speed, you can play a normally.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
I played a 3 bar match in my state, it was pretty decent. Hopefully they roll out more improvements.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Fighting games are over, gentlemen. We're a MOBA now. GTFO, League of legends!

http://shoryuken.com/2013/08/26/king-of-fighters-moba-in-development-closed-thai-beta-begins-september-4/

Woooow. Also, for those that don't know or don't remember, this used to be a side-scroller MMORPG a year ago.

Mr.Minionman

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Saw this earlier today; Find it unbelievable hard to believe >_> I just don't see how they could make unique moba characters out of the kof cast, or even hope to compare to league which it seems all too comparable to. I mean they could get by with a little, but they've already fallen for the trap of line-skillshot, gapclosers, aoe ult stereotype for all of the characters they showed cept tizoc. There aren't characters that could fit the controllable summon bill, or healer, or ranged carry, or really anything that makes a moba character interesting.

Not to mention how little sense it makes in the universe

Coliflowerz

• Strongest Tiger
  • #topshelfesteem
    • View Profile
Is this legit? Dood... im not sure how to feel... I wanted Maximum Impact 3... sorta
I do nothing but post KOFXIV tech so gimme a follow if you like that
https://twitter.com/coliflowerz
https://www.youtube.com/user/Coliflowerz

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Fighting games are over, gentlemen. We're a MOBA now. GTFO, League of legends!

http://shoryuken.com/2013/08/26/king-of-fighters-moba-in-development-closed-thai-beta-begins-september-4/

Woooow. Also, for those that don't know or don't remember, this used to be a side-scroller MMORPG a year ago.
KoF needs to be an arena shooter