Author Topic: The Dream Cancel Wiki and YOU! - Dream Team steady mobbin'  (Read 80888 times)

krazykone123

Re: The Dream Cancel Wiki and YOU! - Can't stop the hustle
« Reply #135 on: December 13, 2010, 06:12:56 PM »
Hey peoples, I started a section on Max Mode (BC mode) for the 2002UM.

http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=King_of_Fighters_2K2UM#Max_Mode_.28BC_Mode.29

I plan to add about max mode canceling which is about canceling normals and special moves into max mode activation. Tell me what you guys think so far and if there is anything wrong or inaccurate.

I'll help you out then, btw are you familiar with "Running Charge"? if not I'll do a section about it to fill you guys in.

krazykone123

« Reply #136 on: December 14, 2010, 07:18:53 PM »
btw are you familiar with "Running Charge"? if not I'll do a section about it to fill you guys in.

Okay I added "Running Charge" info to the 2002UM wiki page so you guys can go check it out, requesting a pic for Hinako (2002UM) because I'm gonna work on that page next, it's gonna take awhile though.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #137 on: December 14, 2010, 07:23:20 PM »

Okay I added "Running Charge" info to the 2002UM wiki page so you guys can go check it out, requesting a pic for Hinako (2002UM) because I'm gonna work on that page next, it's gonna take awhile though.

Great addition, actually the running charge was something I discovered for myself a week or two ago after watchin a match video but I never knew the correct terminology for it.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 14, 2010, 09:33:53 PM »

Great addition, actually the running charge was something I discovered for myself a week or two ago after watchin a match video but I never knew the correct terminology for it.

What type of running charge are we talking about?  Like Leona or Kim running forward and doing a d~u+P/K or are we talking about dash command throw (or am I totally off)?

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 14, 2010, 10:05:14 PM »
What type of running charge are we talking about?  Like Leona or Kim running forward and doing a d~u+P/K or are we talking about dash command throw (or am I totally off)?

taken from the 2k2UM wiki:

""Running Charge" is a simple but useful technique that allows special attacks that require a vertical charge to come out whilst executing a run, the trick is to start running (press f,f) then move the stick/directional pad so that it's pointing in the down-forward direction but continue to hold, then quickly slide it to the up (ub/u/uf) position then press the designated face button then the move will come out, the trick is to hold down-forward so that you'll run and buffer the charge time at the same time, if you want to super cancel the charge move it would require you to buffer the input during the charge move when at times can get really difficult."

so to answer your question, yes, this applies to charge moves. seems like it only applies to d~u moves. though, i'm not sure if this still works in XIII anyway.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 14, 2010, 10:06:58 PM »

taken from the 2k2UM wiki:

""Running Charge" is a simple but useful technique that allows special attacks that require a vertical charge to come out whilst executing a run, the trick is to start running (press f,f) then move the stick/directional pad so that it's pointing in the down-forward direction but continue to hold, then quickly slide it to the up (ub/u/uf) position then press the designated face button then the move will come out, the trick is to hold down-forward so that you'll run and buffer the charge time at the same time, if you want to super cancel the charge move it would require you to buffer the input during the charge move when at times can get really difficult."

so to answer your question, yes, this applies to charge moves. seems like it only applies to d~u moves. though, i'm not sure if this still works in XIII anyway.

Yeah it still works in XIII, that's old school ;)  Now if I can figure out how CPU Blanka in SFII walks up to you and does his c.b~f+P move lol...

krazykone123

« Reply #141 on: December 15, 2010, 12:23:26 AM »
Half of the May Lee wiki page is done.

Yeah it's pretty interesting, you'll see a lot of it if you watch videos of 777 (God-like Kim player), run up Hien Zan is some crazy stuff.

Yeah it still works in XIII, that's old school ;)  Now if I can figure out how CPU Blanka in SFII walks up to you and does his c.b~f+P move lol...

Haha, I see what you did there Kane.

krazykone123

« Reply #142 on: December 17, 2010, 05:38:54 PM »
May Lee (2002UM) is done, Hinako (2002UM) is next, I dunno what's after that...

C'mon let's go people!

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 17, 2010, 09:30:30 PM »
Added the template for Chin and Kyo 2 in 2K2UM wiki along with pictures. Over the next few days, I plan on getting the EX character and some of the boss templates added.

I'm still working on getting the Master Class videos downloaded but it's a very slow process.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #144 on: December 17, 2010, 11:05:39 PM »
Ill try to finish up the max mode section for 2002UM in the next few days and I'll also start templates on characters on the 98UM wiki.

Would anyone like to help on a KOFXI wiki?

Nilcam: whats makes the process slow for the master class videos? Maybe we can help?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 11:12:04 PM by Desmond Delaghetto »
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 17, 2010, 11:27:37 PM »
The videos download at about 50k/second and frequently fail during the process. My first goal is to get the videos downloaded and sliced. Once that's done, I'll get them uploaded to YouTube. The final step will be annotations.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 18, 2010, 01:29:51 AM »
Ill try to finish up the max mode section for 2002UM in the next few days and I'll also start templates on characters on the 98UM wiki.

Nilcam: whats makes the process slow for the master class videos? Maybe we can help?

Talk to 4leaf about XI, he knows what he's talking about when it comes to Adelheid, urm whip, XI =)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 18, 2010, 01:58:28 AM »
As you work on pages, please make sure that Protect is checked in the tabs after you save a page. Set permissions to Administrators only in order to protect the work we've done.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 18, 2010, 05:49:12 AM »
Templates up for EX Kensou, EX Robert, EX Takuma, Goenitz, Geese and Krizalid. I haven't unlocked the last 4 bosses yet so I cannot fill in their templates.

krazykone123

« Reply #149 on: December 18, 2010, 07:59:01 AM »

You guys should make a few character threads first, and if the interest is their then we can go ahead and make a wiki for it otherwise we should work with what we have, as much as I would like to see one we need to focus now instead of later.

Personally I'd really like to make a Samurai Showdown Tenka wiki too but I'm just too busy :/, maybe if I bug Nocturnal I could get him and Giby to make a real nice Garou wiki.