Author Topic: How to compose a team  (Read 45506 times)

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
Re: How to compose a team
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 08:54:01 AM »
I have always problems with teams. Here are few variations of mine from 2003.

1. King (L), Tizoc, Ralf
2. Ralf (L), Robert, Joe
3. Terry (L), Ash, Tizoc

XI teams:

1. Terry (L), Kyo, Ryo
2. Ryo (L), King, Yuri
3. Iori (L), Kyo, Shingo
4. Athena (L), Ash, Kensou
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Ryudo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2011, 10:50:50 PM »
Ryudo, not bad. Terry has less use for meter than Ralf, so you might want to swap them up though.

Thankx Remzi I'm definetely going to practice with those 2 when i go to the arcade either today (friday) or saturday. Since the cab is usually empty i should get alot of practice in besides its only a quarter ^^.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2011, 12:34:55 PM »
kupo !

What do you think about :

Team 1 - 1.Chin / 2.King / 3.Takuma

Chin is so much more effective in position 2 and 3 due to meter+drive.  Otherwise you gotta drink to compensate for damage.

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2011, 03:36:54 AM »
kupo !

What do you think about :

Team 1 - 1.Chin / 2.King / 3.Takuma

Chin is so much more effective in position 2 and 3 due to meter+drive.  Otherwise you gotta drink to compensate for damage.
Pretty much. Drinking seems to be somewhat suicidal though.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

OCV|Gilgamesh

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2011, 09:53:34 AM »
There are some setups for "drink" like jump  ;c ;d or  ;dn ;db ;bk ;a so it's pretty safe and a lot of character don't have tools to punish on reaction a chin who is drinking, the thing is just don't do it against Raiden a 44s ^0^

ZeWickedOreo

• Strongest Tiger
  • iamGab.
    • View Profile
    • 10over10
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2011, 07:56:07 AM »
Hello I'm new here! :D But I have teams what do you guys think: (regarding meter management and stuff)

1.) Shen woo, benimaru, Hwa Jai.
2.)Ryo, Elisabeth, Shen Woo.
3.)Shen Woo, Benimaru, Kim. :D

BUCK UP, BRUH! :>

iamGab

Gamerboy15

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2011, 06:56:16 AM »
Hi guys, I just joined DreamCancel a couple of days ago and I've been using my main team from the past couples of KOF and other KoF-related fighting games and now still using them for KOFXIII. here is my team I'm using.

KOF2002-KOFXIII:

1) Kim, Terry, Kyo
2) Kim, Ryo, Kyo
3) Kim, Iori, Kyo

What are your thoughts on these team?

AzureTAG

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2011, 03:26:19 AM »
Hello I'm new here! :D But I have teams what do you guys think: (regarding meter management and stuff)

1.) Shen woo, benimaru, Hwa Jai.
2.)Ryo, Elisabeth, Shen Woo.
3.)Shen Woo, Benimaru, Kim. :D

I would recommend putting Shen 2nd or 3rd, Shen's combos with Meter or HD is too good.

ZeWickedOreo

• Strongest Tiger
  • iamGab.
    • View Profile
    • 10over10
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2011, 04:36:13 PM »
I'll try it out! :D thank youuu! :D
BUCK UP, BRUH! :>

iamGab

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Moved from: Leona Heidern
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2011, 01:05:20 PM »
For what it's worth, 4leaf reported that Leona's HD combos in the console version was only a tiny bit weaker, not a huge nerf.

even better ;)
oh and i see u have vice in ur team :) 1s or 3rd in my king leona vice team ? where would u put her ?
mmm after ur answer i think  i ll stop to talk about this dont want to go OT  :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 02:41:26 AM by Kane317 »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2011, 02:56:29 AM »
For what it's worth, 4leaf reported that Leona's HD combos in the console version was only a tiny bit weaker, not a huge nerf.

even better ;)
oh and i see u have vice in ur team :) 1s or 3rd in my king leona vice team ? where would u put her ?
mmm after ur answer i think  i ll stop to talk about this dont want to go OT  :)

I would put Leona first, King second, and Vice last.  If your Leona is stronger than your Vice then put Vice first and Leona last.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2011, 06:10:21 AM »

even better ;)
mmm after ur answer i think  i ll stop to talk about this dont want to go OT  :)

I would put Leona first, King second, and Vice last.  If your Leona is stronger than your Vice then put Vice first and Leona last.
i would switch leona and king with king she can work from the inside in and leona is all inside

Femto

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2011, 08:23:52 PM »
Ryo, Terry, Takuma in that order. 

They all seem pretty meter heavy in order to get the best out of them but I wanted opinions on the team order from people who know what they are talking about (i.e. not  me).  So yeah, I was thinking of swapping Ryo and Terry's place but from what I've seen having Terry with meter should make the opponent wary moreso than a Terry trying to build meter, no?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2011, 08:41:40 PM »
Hi guys, I just joined DreamCancel a couple of days ago and I've been using my main team from the past couples of KOF and other KoF-related fighting games and now still using them for KOFXIII. here is my team I'm using.

KOF2002-KOFXIII:

1) Kim, Terry, Kyo
2) Kim, Ryo, Kyo
3) Kim, Iori, Kyo

I dunno how I missed this post.  All very strong characters, Kim tends to really excel with meter so he might be better suited for 2nd or third.  Kyo builds meter very well (less so in console) but he still deals good damage without it.  Terry also excels in the 2nd or third position better (however Kim takes advantage of the meter more so give priority to Kim for meter usage IMHO) as well but he's not bad at first.  Ryo is solid by himself and can play any position and so can Iori as he builds meter fairly quickly.

---

Ryo, Terry, Takuma in that order.  

They all seem pretty meter heavy in order to get the best out of them but I wanted opinions on the team order from people who know what they are talking about (i.e. not  me).  So yeah, I was thinking of swapping Ryo and Terry's place but from what I've seen having Terry with meter should make the opponent wary moreso than a Terry trying to build meter, no?

Your whole team is somewhat versatile.   Terry and Takuma could be switched or Terry and Ryo could be switched.   They all work pretty good to be honest.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 08:54:02 PM by Kane317 »

Gamerboy15

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2011, 12:57:15 AM »

KOF2002-KOFXIII:

1) Kim, Terry, Kyo
2) Kim, Ryo, Kyo
3) Kim, Iori, Kyo

I dunno how I missed this post.  All very strong characters, Kim tends to really excel with meter so he might be better suited for 2nd or third.  Kyo builds meter very well (less so in console) but he still deals good damage without it.  Terry also excels in the 2nd or third position better (however Kim takes advantage of the meter more so give priority to Kim for meter usage IMHO) as well but he's not bad at first.  Ryo is solid by himself and can play any position and so can Iori as he builds meter fairly quickly.

---

Sweet! I knew I had to put Kim as my 2nd order because I just realized that not was good at building meter, but also good at rushdown games as well. So my team is pretty good alright. Oh and yeah, I just picked up playing Athena because I've heard that she is good at in-the-air games is that right?