Author Topic: How to compose a team  (Read 45545 times)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: How to compose a team
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2012, 09:47:15 AM »
EX Iori, Kim, Hwa (with practice), or EX Kyo maybe? Among your list, these are some of my favorites who'll take advantage of meter.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

yamazaky96

• Strongest Tiger
  • Drunken fist
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi team Page
« Reply #121 on: April 16, 2012, 07:47:27 AM »
Elizabeth and Vice are superior when u have meters

UAE's KOF casuals and tournaments
www.youtube.com/user/yamazaky96

Demerson

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2012, 10:08:59 PM »
So, right now I'm using King, Shen and EX Kyo in that order.  I've just recently picked up KoF13, so I've been training a lot, mostly getting the bnbs down for those three characters.  I've noticed though that while King seems really effective, I don't find her all that much fun to play.

So I'm just looking for suggestions as to who to replace her with.  My team order can easily be switched around.  I think I would prefer another heavy rushdown character unlike King who seems like she can do both zoning and rushdown.  I was actually thinking of trying either version of Iori.

Any suggestions, including those of team order, would be greatly appreciated.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2012, 03:51:11 AM »
So, right now I'm using King, Shen and EX Kyo in that order.  I've just recently picked up KoF13, so I've been training a lot, mostly getting the bnbs down for those three characters.  I've noticed though that while King seems really effective, I don't find her all that much fun to play.

So I'm just looking for suggestions as to who to replace her with.  My team order can easily be switched around.  I think I would prefer another heavy rushdown character unlike King who seems like she can do both zoning and rushdown.  I was actually thinking of trying either version of Iori.

Any suggestions, including those of team order, would be greatly appreciated.

Just curious but what exactly makes King less fun to play? Moveset? Damage output?

If you're looking for replacements, I'll recommend the following:

Kim - sort of rushdown dependant, but can get across the screen with ease a lot (especially with supers).

Andy - average or better rushdown, can zone like King, but less dependant on it.

Kensou - very speedy and versatile. Doesn't follow any particular trade, but can combo very well with links and rekkas.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Demerson

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2012, 04:42:56 AM »
Just curious but what exactly makes King less fun to play? Moveset? Damage output?

If you're looking for replacements, I'll recommend the following:

Kim - sort of rushdown dependant, but can get across the screen with ease a lot (especially with supers).

Andy - average or better rushdown, can zone like King, but less dependant on it.

Kensou - very speedy and versatile. Doesn't follow any particular trade, but can combo very well with links and rekkas.

I can't really pin it down to one particular thing.  Her moveset is a little limited, but it suits her I think.  My theory is that I picked her because I thought she would be effective (which she is), but compared to why I picked Shen and EX Kyo (I just like them a lot as characters), she just seems boring.  Almost as if I'm waiting for her to die so I can get to my more favorable characters.

I've been pretty curious about Kensou actually, so I think I may give him a try.  Thanks for the advice.

BierKlauMeister

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 20, 2012, 05:31:19 PM »
Hey guys!!! I just posted this over at the Mature forums but i figured this would be a good place too, specially since also Mr.Karate and Joe players roam this place ^_^. So ill just copy paste my question from the Mature forums:

Hey guys, was wondering if someone could help me with my team strategy regarding Mature.

I play Mr.Karate / Mature / Joe. And i play with the philosophy that the first character SHOULDNT be a battery, he should build AND use meter/drive, which Mr.Karate excelts at in my opinion so that aint a problem. I believe the 2nd char (in my case, Mature) should be the battery character, and i was wondering if you guys think Mature is well suited for that.

I mean i think she builds up meter pretty fast thanks to her rekkas, but i must say im by no means a good Mature player, ive been focusing mainly on Mr.Karate so i was hoping you guys could tell me if Mature can be played effectively that way or if im just wasting my time playing her on that spot. My strategy with Mature is to build as much meter as possible while damaging my opponent, but the main idea is to go into Joe having full HD and 4 meters, so i can easily confirm any hit into Max Cancel -> kill with his ridiculuous max cancel damage.

Sry for the wall of text, hoping some1 can give me some pointers :)

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 20, 2012, 11:04:27 PM »
@BierKlauMeister:

Having Mature to build up meter is a good idea, but to have her in that position and trying not to use meter? Not so much. Mature works well at point because she can build up so much meter, but not as a middle(for your case any way) since her damage output isn't very good without meter. I understand you don't want your first character to play meter builder, but having your second character play that role is a bit dangerous, even with Joe as your anchor. I'd recommend you either put Mature on point, or switch her out for someone that can ideally play both roles, for example K', Kyo, Terry, Iori, etc.

Remember that the aspect of effective team building is to place your characters in a way that effectively builds on their strengths and downplays their weaknesses to create a solid team structure.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 11:06:45 PM by nightmoves »

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 21, 2012, 02:24:57 AM »
I use Mature as well and almost always run her on point. Like nightmoves says, here dmg output is not great bc of how she scales. Those multiple hit specials she has plus d.B, s.B starts add to the scaling issue. That said, she's pretty darn good against meterless opponents and decent at building.

You don't have to use her as a battery per se, feel free to use the meter she generates as she's effective on point.

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 23, 2012, 07:48:29 AM »
I believe the 2nd char (in my case, Mature) should be the battery character, and i was wondering if you guys think Mature is well suited for that.

i think thats sort of on the right track. its great to know how to use your 2nd character as a battery, but its more of a last resort thing. doing damage with your meter should have much more focus with your 2nd. its just that when the odds are against you and things arent looking good, you dont want to blow all your meter and have your anchor come out with nothing (which im thinking is what you had in mind).

EDIT: on the subject of your team, i think swapping karate and matures placement may treat you well. especially if you like using mature as battery. i dont play him, but i think karate has some really versatile HD combos... and he seems to build it back pretty nicely. ive had my ass kicked many a time where mr karate HD comboed me twice in a match. x_x
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 08:01:15 AM by SPLIPH »

bloodknight_24

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 23, 2012, 10:01:29 PM »
Hey I have two teams but I only want to use one. Which one is an overall better stronger team?

Team 1 - Duo Lon, Terry, Shen

Team 2 - Kyo, Robert, Shen

Stone Drum

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 26, 2012, 06:15:54 AM »
one couldn't really say which team is better, because your ordering on both teams is sound.  Shen is an amazing anchor.  Kyo and duo lon both are great batteries for different reasons.  Duo lon is good at spacing, and kyo is solid and has good matchups with little meter.  terry and robert both are great middlemen who do well when you dip into meter a bit.  So just pick the team that is more fun to you.

My team is kensou/andy/ryo, which I think has all the workings of a solid team if I have been studying character strengths correctly

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 27, 2012, 01:13:03 AM »
Hey I have two teams but I only want to use one. Which one is an overall better stronger team?

First off, welcome to the site bloodknight.

You can make arguments for either team honestly. You might see team 2 moreso than one in tournament and online play, but Duo Lon and Terry being less utlilized in play doesn't make them any less dangerous. It's a matter of style to me.

one couldn't really say which team is better, because your ordering on both teams is sound.  Shen is an amazing anchor.  Kyo and duo lon both are great batteries for different reasons.  Duo lon is good at spacing, and kyo is solid and has good matchups with little meter.  terry and robert both are great middlemen who do well when you dip into meter a bit.  So just pick the team that is more fun to you.

These are good descriptions of the characters.

I'd ask you which characters you feel more comfortable with bloodknight, cause that's probably the answer to your question. Keep up both teams if you can. Team 2 altogether is pretty solid on damage, but team 1 has the advantage of being seen less, and if you're willing to up your abilities there, opponents will know how to handle things less.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

bloodknight_24

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 27, 2012, 01:42:40 AM »

First off, welcome to the site bloodknight.

You can make arguments for either team honestly. You might see team 2 moreso than one in tournament and online play, but Duo Lon and Terry being less utlilized in play doesn't make them any less dangerous. It's a matter of style to me.

one couldn't really say which team is better, because your ordering on both teams is sound.  Shen is an amazing anchor.  Kyo and duo lon both are great batteries for different reasons.  Duo lon is good at spacing, and kyo is solid and has good matchups with little meter.  terry and robert both are great middlemen who do well when you dip into meter a bit.  So just pick the team that is more fun to you.

These are good descriptions of the characters.

I'd ask you which characters you feel more comfortable with bloodknight, cause that's probably the answer to your question. Keep up both teams if you can. Team 2 altogether is pretty solid on damage, but team 1 has the advantage of being seen less, and if you're willing to up your abilities there, opponents will know how to handle things less.

Yeah my Team 2 does a lot of damage and Kyo's combos are pretty great without meter but Team 1 made me finish 9th/32 in a major Tournament in Toronto(Toryuken) because no one is really use to fighting Duo Lon and Terry cause no one uses em. So i'm thinking of having 2 teams. Thanks for the advice.

McNasty

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 12, 2012, 06:10:49 AM »
Hey guys just picked up 13 looking to get started learning the ins and outs but I want to get a team set in stone. I know the characters I like just not sure about the order. All suggestions are welcome any tips ideas or reasons why encouraged.

EX kyo, Andy, Joe, Kula, Shen, Saiki or Yuri

My instincts tell me: Andy, EX kyo, Shen

Thoughts? Keep in mind this is day 1 lol.

R3N

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 12, 2012, 07:09:19 AM »
Hey everyone, I need your opinion on my team choice. I feel it's not really allowing me to win on a more frequent basis. I been playing for a while now but still have no set team really the two people I play the most right now is Clark and Ash so I really need help finding the third to fit well and finding the right order for my team. The characters I tend to rotate in third are Terry, Kim ,Shen, Joe, and claw Iori. Any advice is greatly appreciated thanks.