Poll

If there's a KOF XIII side tournament at EVO 2011, would you?

Be there four sure!!!!
I would try to make an effort to attend.
If I'm there, I'll join.
I don't give a rats ass about a side tournament

Author Topic: KOF XIII at EVO 2011 Side tournament NEW POLL!  (Read 45804 times)

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII at EVO 2011
« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2010, 11:44:54 PM »
i live 50 mins. from AI and go to school full time... i'm a dabbler :(
In it to win it!

Dark Geese

« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2010, 12:04:29 AM »
i live 50 mins. from AI and go to school full time... i'm a dabbler :(

There are different degrees of dabbling and yes I understand life is a priority, but I tell people if it is something you really want you will find ways to make it happen, hell I had to wait 4 years before I could start travelling doing tournaments like I am doing now. Where was I from 2001-2004? In school at Texas Tech getting my degree so I COULD do what I am doing now. So it takes time don't get me wrong, but all I am saying is you know what is in your heart, if that is really what you want you will find ways to get it done, if not you won't that's what  I am saying about dabblers as a whole, put me around people that not necessarily may be as passionate as me, but those that don't make excuses and find ways to get things done, go-getters so to speak.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 12:43:58 AM by Dark Geese »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2010, 12:14:37 AM »
At Absolute Battle hell the level of play in 2002 UM was so low to me I decided I'd rather sit out and let MightyMar play (plus I was softbanned lol but whatever if I REALLY wanted to enter don't you think I could've entered MY OWN TOURNAMENT I RAN??),

Yeah, I saw that massive win streak you had in casuals from the vids you posted on youtube...lets just say that wouldn't have happened if you were in MN. ;)

-desmond
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Dark Geese

« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2010, 12:39:04 AM »
I hope not Desmon
At Absolute Battle hell the level of play in 2002 UM was so low to me I decided I'd rather sit out and let MightyMar play (plus I was softbanned lol but whatever if I REALLY wanted to enter don't you think I could've entered MY OWN TOURNAMENT I RAN??),

Yeah, I saw that massive win streak you had in casuals from the vids you posted on youtube...lets just say that wouldn't have happened if you were in MN. ;)

-desmond

I certainly hope not Desmond ;), for me it's more about the competition than running some streak just to boost my own ego (Borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrinnnnnnnnngggggggggggg), what good does that do? I had like 100x more fun getting my ass handed to me by Kula at Battle 4 Mexico....

XTG

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2010, 09:43:43 AM »
Low tier dabbler here!  ;c ;fd ;a  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;b

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 22, 2010, 10:59:03 AM »
With the recent upswing of activity with SNKPlaymore with its promotion of KOFXIII to some of the latest events (With help from the guys at SNK-Capcom, Iplaywinner, the tourney promoters, and of course the DC Arcade Infinity Crew), I feel like this is a good start. I think what SNK could stand to use is a some sort of community manager. I guess its been on my mind since at major tourneys you have sort of the figurehead for the company that is sort of the company ambassador in these tournaments like Seth Killian for Capcom, Markman for Madcats, and just recently FilthieRich for Namco. Technically, the guys over as SNK-Capcom Giby and Trieu already have some sort of connection with SNKP USA but I think a good step in the right direction is for someone to be officially titled SNKP's community manager.

This isn't really a plea for someone to step up, and I'm not exactly sure as to what channels to go through in order to get the ball rolling, but its just some food for thought that's been roasting in my mind as I watch these tournaments while I'm in school working on my resume and portfolio to get back into the workplace. I'd like to hear some "CONSTRUCTIVE" thoughts, ideas on the matter.

(If you feel this should warrant its own discussion thread, then that can be moved without me knowing. Just want to get some thoughts from people)

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2010, 11:39:58 AM »
There was one such person back when XII was coming out. But he was with Ignition, not SNKP.

I'm blanking on his name, though. I'm sure someone out there remembers him. He did all the pre-release interviews, and was at the Ignition-sponsored XII tournament.

If Ignition picks up XIII, he may be around to fill the same role.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 22, 2010, 12:56:08 PM »
With the recent upswing of activity with SNKPlaymore with its promotion of KOFXIII to some of the latest events (With help from the guys at SNK-Capcom, Iplaywinner, the tourney promoters, and of course the DC Arcade Infinity Crew), I feel like this is a good start. I think what SNK could stand to use is a some sort of community manager. I guess its been on my mind since at major tourneys you have sort of the figurehead for the company that is sort of the company ambassador in these tournaments like Seth Killian for Capcom, Markman for Madcats, and just recently FilthieRich for Namco. Technically, the guys over as SNK-Capcom Giby and Trieu already have some sort of connection with SNKP USA but I think a good step in the right direction is for someone to be officially titled SNKP's community manager.

This isn't really a plea for someone to step up, and I'm not exactly sure as to what channels to go through in order to get the ball rolling, but its just some food for thought that's been roasting in my mind as I watch these tournaments while I'm in school working on my resume and portfolio to get back into the workplace. I'd like to hear some "CONSTRUCTIVE" thoughts, ideas on the matter.

(If you feel this should warrant its own discussion thread, then that can be moved without me knowing. Just want to get some thoughts from people)

Nah, this can stay here as it's relevant.  I think Giby and Trieu make excellent community managers and I have been thinking about this since I got back from NCR, which is the whole purpose of us going really -- to build relationships with those who have relations with SNKP =)  I would not be surprised if something manifests from the recent series of events that have transpired over the weeks.

FilthieRich ironically was participating in the XIII tourney lol.

There was one such person back when XII was coming out. But he was with Ignition, not SNKP.

I'm blanking on his name, though. I'm sure someone out there remembers him. He did all the pre-release interviews, and was at the Ignition-sponsored XII tournament.

If Ignition picks up XIII, he may be around to fill the same role.

Shane Bettenhausen
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 01:01:45 PM by Kane317 »

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 22, 2010, 01:07:39 PM »
ahh yea. Shane of 1up fame. I remember him doing a pretty decent job at getting XII some exposure (shame the game didn't do as good as he did) and if ignition does pick it back up, he would be a pretty decent choice. Maybe it would be better if instead of having someone from a publisher associated with the dev, have someone straight from the devs. Obv I don't kno if SNKP has the luxury to have someone like it but it def wouldn't hurt.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 01:22:12 PM by Phoenixazure »

Tone

• New Challenger
  • tryin to stay hungry
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 26, 2010, 03:15:21 AM »
side tournament or main, i'll be at evo2011, down to play 13 and whatever else people are running. :)

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2010, 03:36:18 AM »
If this is run at Evo 11, i'm assuming it won't be run under the ratio system?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 28, 2010, 07:20:15 AM »
If this is run at Evo 11, i'm assuming it won't be run under the ratio system?

Nope. At a national level, XIII would most likely not run a ratio system.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #117 on: December 08, 2010, 08:21:25 PM »
There needs to be some "KOFXIII themed" Hori and Madcatz sticks (and pads) for sale and promo before, during and after EVO... Think of how that helped out SF4...

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 08, 2010, 10:18:45 PM »
I would buy one.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 09, 2010, 01:13:12 AM »
There needs to be some "KOFXIII themed" Hori and Madcatz sticks (and pads) for sale and promo before, during and after EVO... Think of how that helped out SF4...

Madkatz pads break too easily.  They need to fix em.  Plus I'd like to see them bring the neo geo themed usb controllers to PS3.