Author Topic: KOF XIII 11th General Thread: China On Top (@EVO2014), Full Steam Ahead  (Read 30384 times)

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: KOF XIII 11th General Thread: China On Top (@EVO2014), Full Steam Ahead
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2014, 07:36:02 PM »
Based on years of watching competitive KOFXIII tournaments from all over the world.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2014, 10:41:39 AM »
Here you go; http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/kof13/index.html?tc=ya0-trn45tjj5sn5f7lch4lb7rhr7rn4h4htf7oydeoy5tn47qlcdefz7roxj2ox7rn5bloyf8jj7rhq5sg0bljkbljlh4jmf7oxh4hsbllcbllc5tn5ddn4j2ldf7hth4g1f7oybke87roy3un73u-bk8-naThe%20Fluke

It's hard to try and nail characters positions down, i for example think that maybe saiki is even better than i placed him. Maybe. And that regular kyo is overall better than ex kyo.

Do critique my list.

+I moved Ash up to c+ on a whim at the end because i feel that his tools do put him above mai who is so severely limited in her toolset.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 10:44:24 AM by The Fluke »

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2014, 03:21:52 PM »
I'm a bit curious what people see in Regular Kyo over EX Kyo ranking in the tier lists, yet in tournaments Regular Kyo is generally pretty rare.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2014, 04:41:17 PM »
I'm a bit curious what people see in Regular Kyo over EX Kyo ranking in the tier lists, yet in tournaments Regular Kyo is generally pretty rare.

That could be based on player style. More ground control with EX Kyo rekkas, but arguably easier (corner) combos that deal substantial damage, and a small advantage for XIII Kyo to have air Orochinagi. That's what I've seen from a few players.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2014, 11:05:35 PM »
A good ex command throw and the games only 2 frame reversal help regular kyo aswell. More tools, better damage midscreen and in the corners. Also less recovery on similar specials. It all just comes together as a more complete package imo.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2014, 12:35:31 AM »
I miss when Kyo could just QCF+K, K into Orochinagi and call it a day.  :(

I mean, I guess it might also depend on team position, EX Kyo is a really good point character, he can easily do 50% with just 1 power stock and no drive. He really doesn't need alot of meter to do good damage.

Overall though I think EX Kyo just way better, his normals are all beefier, he gets better damage with much less resources, plus he way more going on for him with the autoguard properties on his moves, plus more invulnerable frames to abuse.

Regular Kyo though... he just eats alot of meter. He'd do better as a 2nd or anchor, but just the amount of meter he needs to do damage on par with EX Kyo is too much. But at least he has a generally pretty simple stun combo.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 02:15:13 AM by Running Wild »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2014, 10:09:25 PM »
Hey guys, on our next Dream Cancel Live podcast, we might do a topic around the top 3 best (and maybe worst) moves in KOFXIII. I'd like to know which categories of moves you would like for us to discuss and share our opinions on, and you can share yours as well, and we will discuss them on air.

Categories I have so far is best sweep, cr. A, cr. C (aka mexican uppercut), jab or standing anti air normal, j.CD, st.CD, command normal, projectiles, level 1 super, level 2 super, ex moves, and normal moves. What are yours?

Thanks in advance.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2014, 04:41:23 AM »
Best Cross-Up
Best Reversal
Best Air-To-Air

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2014, 09:22:57 AM »
I was bored and decided to investigate how many possible character combinations are possible in KOF XIII. With a simple combinations equation (nCr) I got 7140 different combinations. But I also had to consider that there are some combinations in the game that aren't possible, mainly those that involve EX characters. It was easy to determine what that number was since all I needed to do was to figure out how many combinations could you do with an impossible team, and it was 34 (character + its EX counterpart + one of the 34 remaining characters). Multiply that by 3, the number of EX characters, and subtract it from the original number (7140) and there's a grand total of 7038 possible character combinations in KOF XIII.

Now I can move on with the more important things in life.

comoesa

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2014, 07:55:37 AM »
Anyone know how to fix the issue of save data not be retained in kof 13 steam edition?

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2014, 08:27:59 AM »
Anyone know how to fix the issue of save data not be retained in kof 13 steam edition?

Been looking to see if someone else online has had a similar save problem, but I want to ask how you open the KOFXIII.exe; sometimes opening it from Steam or using the desktop shortcut might make a difference. Has this been a constant issue since you got the game, or did it come up recently?
-Terry Bogard, 1995

comoesa

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2014, 09:52:48 AM »

Been looking to see if someone else online has had a similar save problem, but I want to ask how you open the KOFXIII.exe; sometimes opening it from Steam or using the desktop shortcut might make a difference. Has this been a constant issue since you got the game, or did it come up recently?

Constant issue. From the shortcut and steam.

I have no idea why the game keeps creating new save data replacing the old save data.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2014, 05:22:26 PM »

I have no idea why the game keeps creating new save data replacing the old save data.

If you haven't tried to already, I might suggest re-installing the game. That's probably worse-case scenario though right now; Besides here, I might inquire on the Steam KOF XIII page if you haven't already. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the save directory, but I'm checking into that right now.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

comoesa

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2014, 03:06:34 AM »

If you haven't tried to already, I might suggest re-installing the game. That's probably worse-case scenario though right now; Besides here, I might inquire on the Steam KOF XIII page if you haven't already. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the save directory, but I'm checking into that right now.

Yeah, I have already re-installed it. Coudl anyone show me what files they have in their kof XII userdata for steam? It would be much appreciated!

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2014, 06:58:00 AM »
Hey guys, our next live podcast we will this Saturday at noon. We will be discussing the 3 year console anniversary of KOF13, the future of KOF13 and the current state and future of the USA KOF scene. Here are some questions you guys can answer here, and we might read them on air:

- How did you get into KOF13?

- How many people locally were interested?

- What characters did you try at first? Which ones you play with now?

- Do you play on Steam?

- What have you learned gameplay-wise from 2013 to 2014?

- What is your personal tier list? What match ups you have trouble with?

- What gameplay aspects do you like & dislike? What aspects grew or still dont like?

- Do you travel for competition or stay in your area?

- How is the KOF community in your area in general?

- Which KOF scenes inspire you and your community?

- How do you feel about the KOFXIII community in USA (or in your country etc) in general?

- If you feel the game's hype is decreasing, what ideas do you have to inspire and motivate more hype?

- Do you feel KOF13 will return on the main stage for EVO 2015? If so, why? If not, why?

- What things are we doing correct (in your opinion) and what mistakes are we making as a collective KOF community?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."